It's Raining Fish and Spiders

It's Raining Fish and Spiders

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
One of the things Bill Evans enjoys the most is talking to young people about weather. Middle-schoolers in particular, Evans says, are deeply interested in the natural world and in weather.

It’s Raining Fish and Spiders covers everything, from tornadoes and hurricanes to lightning and the different kinds of snowflakes. Evans addresses weather myths and facts, from “Can it r...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Forge Books (first published February 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about It's Raining Fish and Spiders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Raining Fish and Spiders

Lesley Nase
This is a GREAT book to have at home. I interviewed Bill on Books, Yarns & Tales and he said he wrote it for school age kids to understand weather and to think about going in to a meteorologist field of study. I think that if you have kids it would be not only good for them but also a good book for kids and parent to start up conversations and to observe weather. If you don't have kids but love weather here is a good resource.
Bill Evans
Simply a wonderful book for kids and adults alike who love weather! It's exciting, it's funny, and it's engagin. It educates through entertainment. This will inspire kids to become our future Meteorologists. You don't have to reads it from cover to cover. Just open the book to any page and the headlines jump out at you!
Brenda Wharton
A book about all different weather, from storms to hurricanes to blizzards and more. Has some fun pictures and illustrations. My 6 year old enjoyed it because it explains weather in pretty easy to understand terms and helps us understand why some things happen and tells about wacky weather events too
J.M.
Interesting but a bit too "dummed down" for me. Also, I felt the author's attempts at humor were patronizing.
Natasha Osborne
wonderful book that makes a "boring" topic exciting. I love my weather man Bill Evans
Vicki Mcgee
Vicki Mcgee marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Peacegal
Peacegal marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Laura added it
Oct 28, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2012
Rob
Rob added it
Jun 24, 2012
Nan
Nan marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2012
Mailo
Mailo marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Phoenix Carvelli
Phoenix Carvelli marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jennifer Metz
Jennifer Metz marked it as to-read
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
Bill Evans is a multiple Emmy Award-winning, nationally-renowned senior meteorologist. He has appeared on Good Morning America and Live! with Regis and Kelly. Evans has received the Outstanding Meteorologist Award from the National Weather Service and has hosted the National Hurricane Conference. Bill Evans and his family live in Connecticut.
More about Bill H. Evans...
Category 7 Dry Ice Frozen Fire Blackmail Earth Universes of E.E. Smith