Start by marking “Just Another Manic Mum-Day” as Want to Read:
Just Another Manic Mum-Day

Just Another Manic Mum-Day (Roxy Carmichael Series #2)

Roxy, Jack and daughter Joey, three, are building a new life for themselves in sunny Sydney, Australia, but Roxy's finding it hard to settle down. When she discovers she's pregnant again, things become even more complicated - how will she cope with a second child?

Published January 19th 2012 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Just Another Manic Mum-Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Another Manic Mum-Day

Chloe
Feb 01, 2012 Chloe rated it really liked it

Frustrated at the lack of places for stressed-out mums to go, Roxy and her new friend, Shoshanna, set up Just Another Manic Mum-Day - a café catering exclusively for parents. But when an opportunity arises for Roxy to return to England,
Kate
Oct 18, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win this paperback book from a giveaway run by @Btweenthesheets on Twitter.

I found out that this is a follow-up to the author’s first book The Pi**ed-Off Parents Club and I was a bit worried that I would struggle to keep up with it seeing as I hadn’t read the other book. It turned out that I worried for no reason because this worked well as a standalone book with a few references to what had happened before but nothing that didn’t make any sense.

The main thing that I liked
Shelley Boothman
Sep 13, 2016 Shelley Boothman rated it really liked it
Light hearted. Had me laughing out loud quite a bit. Great characters.
Rea Cobb
Feb 26, 2012 Rea Cobb rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Mink Elliott but this book does actually follow on from her previous book The P***ed off Parents Club, having not realised this when I first brought the book I was a little bit hesitant about reading it in case I felt like I didn't follow the flow of the book by not already being introduced to the characters but I didn't find this at all, there were a few mentions of The P***ed off Parents Club but I still found I was on track with the storyline.

The main cha
Julia
Oct 01, 2014 Julia rated it really liked it
I will definitely be looking for more books by this author, and can see myself re-reading this book in the future

This book is narrated by the same character all of the way through, which I feel is becoming more rare as time goes by and authors choose to use multiple voices to narrate.

I found myself settling into this book with ease and the time passed quickly while reading it, I didnt want to put it down as I was enjoying it but it didnt have a grip on me that meant I couldnt put it down. I rea
June Seghni
Mar 16, 2012 June Seghni rated it really liked it
An entertaining an untaxing read,grab your cappucino and relax..this is the story of a mum who has the brilliant idea to set up a cafe where mums and their children can go and be themselves, the sort of place we could all use once in a while,where you can find good company and good coffee while not worrying that the children are disturbing anyone. All while she is pregnant, in a foreign country, and renegotiating her relationship with her husband..
Tiffany
Mar 29, 2012 Tiffany rated it did not like it
May 23, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Having thoroughly enjoyed Elliots first book I was really looking forward to this one and loved it too! The setting in Sydney was something new and the book had some really funny moments. A nice positive pick me up that has me thinking of emigrating again!
Teresa
Jul 02, 2013 Teresa rated it really liked it
A joyful romp through the pitfalls of motherhood, relationships and work, mostly in Australia. I did wonder about the handling of the daughter, though! But perhaps that's the Aussie way? Or maybe I'm just old fashioned ...
May 05, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-hardcopy
Nice light-hearted sequel to "The Pissed Off Parents Club" but although it had some humourous moments i enjoyed reading I didn't relate to this as much as first book. Still good and a nice quick easy read for those that have read book 1 but preferred the first instalment more.
Aileen
Feb 06, 2012 Aileen rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book, I couldn't put it down, it was easy to read and funny, definetely recommend.
Joyce
Aug 10, 2013 Joyce rated it really liked it
Was fun reading at first remind me of when I had my kids. However somehow everything was too smooth sailing, no excitement to the story. Though mothers to be can learn some things from it.
Samantha
Sep 09, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and even though I had not read her first book I did not feel like I needed to as the story in this book flowed really nicely and was a lovely read
Sam
Aug 12, 2015 Sam rated it it was ok
This book is absolutely ridiculous. But it does make opening a successful family business seem crazy easy, which is inspiring.
Sam
Nov 29, 2013 Sam rated it really liked it
A pleasant, easy read.

I wasn't a fan of the present tense at first but got used to it. Recommended.
Kara-jane Henderson
Jan 12, 2015 Kara-jane Henderson rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. Could not put it down! Wouldn't it be lovely to actually have cafes like that in real life?
Bex
Bex rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Lynsey Riddell
Lynsey Riddell rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2014
Rebecca Nicholson
Rebecca Nicholson rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2012
Leah
Leah rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2011
Kerrie
Kerrie rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Debbie Cattle
Debbie Cattle rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Mishav Bookclub
Mishav Bookclub rated it did not like it
Apr 11, 2013
Jill
Jill rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2016
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2013
B
B rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2014
Sarah rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2014
  • Little Sister
  • It Happened in Venice
  • The Boot Camp
  • The Au Pair
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • Stop the Clock
  • Daughters
  • In the Wee Small Hours
  • Friends, Lovers and Other Indiscretions
  • The Village Vet (Talyton St George, #5)
  • The Mistress
  • An Accidental Light
  • Temptation Island

Roxy Carmichael Series (2 books)
  • The Pi**ed-Off Parents Club