Start by marking “The Psychology of Twilight” as Want to Read:
The Psychology of Twilight

The Psychology of Twilight

You’ve read the books. You’ve seen the films. Now get inside the heads of your favorite Twilight characters (just like Edward can!) in The Psychology of Twilight.

Explore the minds and motives of Bella, Edward, Jacob, and more with a deeper look at the series that’s captured the hearts—and psyches—of millions. Find out:

• How Edward and Jacob match up in an evolutionary psyc
Published October 4th 2011 by Smart Pop

To ask other readers questions about The Psychology of Twilight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Psychology of Twilight

Rose
Initial reaction: While I could see some merits in this respective text as a non-fiction work - this was a very cumbersome read overall.

Full review:

Whenever writers and researchers can take a popular aspect of culture and turn them into educational motives to not only illustrate a particular concept but also get people excited in talking about it, I'm usually more than happy to leap on board. I think that was one of the reasons why I decided to give "The Psychology of Twilight" a go, because it
Brie
Nov 08, 2012 Brie marked it as i-have-too-much-respect-for-myself
"Why being a part of Twilight fandom is good for your psychological health."

UHM.....NO IT'S NOT!
Lauren
Dec 02, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Note: I received this book via Netgalley.

If you want to know what the hype is about Twilight then this is the good place to start. This book is jammed packed with a collection of chapters written by different specialists in different fields. They are able to effectively explain the relationship feelings of the characters, Bella’s perspective of life and death, and the swoon worthy Edward Cullen.

Overall, the book was extremely interesting with the contributors’ difference perspective. It is a en
Tara
Nov 27, 2012 Tara rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, vampires
Title: The Psychology of Twilight
Author: Editor – David Klonsky et al.
Publisher/format: eARC, Smart Pop
How I got this: Netgalley
Challenges: 2012 ebook challenge

Synopsis (From Goodreads.com):

Vi (the Vi3tBabe)
I'm a true sucker for anything Twilight and when I heard about this book coming out, I had to check it out.
Psychology has always been an intriguing topic for me and I know everyone wonders why people are so addicted to The Twilight Saga, so it was nice to have actual professionals kind of break it all down for you. There were some very interesting parts, like what people look for in mates, feelings of attachment, and Bella's perspective of life and death; all clinically broken down for the layma
Monica
Jan 15, 2015 Monica rated it really liked it
A interesting look on the Twilight saga Stories and movies! I also thought that the bits of humor were a nice touch.
Crystal
Nov 07, 2011 Crystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: won
I won this book in a give-away (thank you!). I was looking forward to reading this for two reasons: 1. I am a psychology major so any type of psychology book appeals to me; and 2. I have read the Twilight saga and have even had a lecture on it (women's studies course) so to view it in an academic setting was intriguing for me.

The book is a collection of chapters in which each is written by a different author depending on their field of research. The amount of topics covered is somewhat broad, bu
Andrea Wells
Jun 13, 2015 Andrea Wells rated it really liked it
This book is obviously for the Twilight Superfan - which I am not.. not really anyway. I loved the series, preferred a couple books over the others. I'm obsessed with YA as well as Paranormal Romance. What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that I didn't read this book simply to get more fill on Edward and Bella, but rather to see what experts in the Psych field had to say about the book. I approached this read solely from an author point-of-view.
I'm not going to spend a bunch of time reviewing thi
Emily Young
Mar 15, 2013 Emily Young rated it liked it
Lots of the articles were very good. However lots of them misspelled characters' names and/or got facts and dates wrong from the series. How can I trust the opinions of people who can't even get facts right? Overall definitely an interesting read though, just felt it was poorly edited.
Alejandra
Jun 25, 2014 Alejandra rated it it was amazing
me gustaron mucho los apartados de los distintos profesionales que analizan la saga y fenómeno de crepusculo, sus visiones que muestran otros puntos de vista de las dinámicas entre personajes, sus motivaciones y actitudes
Arr
Arr rated it it was ok
Feb 11, 2016
Shardee
Shardee rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2014
Andrea Castañeda
Andrea Castañeda rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Kerry M
Kerry M rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2011
Tabatha Stubbs
Tabatha Stubbs rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2011
Kiara Johnson
Kiara Johnson rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Kadence
Kadence rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Ale
Ale rated it did not like it
Jul 28, 2014
Leasia
Leasia rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2015
Kathy Boots
Kathy Boots rated it it was ok
Jul 22, 2015
Emyra Rafrafi
Emyra Rafrafi rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2016
Rida Suleman
Rida Suleman rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Kristina Dobson
Kristina Dobson rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Sharon Doyle
Sharon Doyle rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Jenny Lamande
Jenny Lamande rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2016
Elinolin
Elinolin rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2014
Hilary Evans
Hilary Evans rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
Sherri Kaiser
Sherri Kaiser rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Chelsea Lovercamp
Chelsea Lovercamp rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2012
Amanda Dawn Lowery
Amanda Dawn Lowery rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
  • A New Dawn: Your Favorite Authors on Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series
  • Through the Wardrobe: Your Favorite Authors on C. S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia
  • Bella Should Have Dumped Edward: Controversial Views on the Twilight Series
  • Unraveling the Mysteries of The Big Bang Theory (Updated Edition): An Unabashedly Unauthorized TV Show Companion
  • The Psychology of Joss Whedon: An Unauthorized Exploration
  • Fringe Science: Parallel Universes, White Tulips, and Mad Scientists
  • The Psychology of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo: Understanding Lisbeth Salander and Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy
  • The Twilight Symbols: Motifs, Meanings, Messages
  • Touched by a Vampire: Discovering the Hidden Messages in the Twilight Saga
  • Fanpire: The Twilight Saga and the Women Who Love it
  • Another Bad-Dog Book: Tales of Life, Love, and Neurotic Human Behavior
  • Sleeping With Dogs and Other Lovers: A Second Acts Novel
  • Inside Pee-wee's Playhouse: The Untold, Unauthorized, and Unpredictable Story of a Pop Phenomenon
  • A Visitor's Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries