Start by marking “Second Chance Dad” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Dad

Second Chance Dad (Aspen Creek Crossroads #2)

The minute she steps foot in his dark, miserable house, Sophie Alexander knows Josh McClaren is not her usual patient. But the single mom and physical therapist is desperate to make a life for her and her young son. And she's definitely no quitter! It's obvious to Sophie that handsome, cantankerous Josh hides his pain behind a wall of grief. Little by little, Sophie and he
Published June 1st 2011 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance Dad

Donna
May 30, 2011 Donna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This started out with a promising premise, but didn't really deliver. The backstory for both Josh and Sophie was frankly depressing and Sophie's father was horrible. The "inspirational" aspect was barely touched on and the "romance" was virtually nonexistent. The whole plot felt rushed and shallow as if it was edited to fit into a specific page count.
Tamera Westhoff
I got this today and enjoyed the story okay, but it was a lot like another book I read, but with a few changes. Which is a bummer! It was another book about the physical therapist who helps her grouchy client. I gave it three stars, because it was well-written, even if the basic plot has been done before and because her son has Aspergers. Mental illnesses interest me and anyone who tries to write about them is okay in my book! My son has Autism and is into animals, but she does a great job of te ...more
Feb 19, 2016 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though a predictable read it was heart warming. Sometimes the best read to lift your spirits is very simple.
Julia Brumfield
This was an actually longer story than some of the other Love Inspired series or so it seemed to me, maybe since I had the Large Print version. Anyway I never had the chance to read the original Aspen Creek story but you truly don't need to to be able to get into Sophie's story as it doesn't bring that much of the past into the plot.

The story makes for a fast read but not really an emotional one in my opinion. Although the cast is quite big and full of quite believable yet eccentric characters
Janine
"Second Chance Dad" by Roxanne Rustand is a quick, easy, sweet book. Though the book was sweet and tender there still was something missing in it.

I thought that the romance was sweet in how it developed but we really didn't see the development of how the feelings changed. It was as if we had to guess what was going on.

The troubles of the characters also didn't seem all that well thought out, and surely didn't seem to be enough conflict to really keep me interested in the book. I read it sure fo
Bethany
I enjoyed reading this book because the plot moved relatively fast (some books drag on and on, even with a good plot). The author is a favorite of mine, and all of her books that I've read have been good.

The two main characters, Josh and Sophie, are likable and believable. The emotional struggles both characters work through ate very believable. The addition of Eli (and Gramps and Alberta, too) rounded out the cast of characters and added a lot to the story.

This book had less discussion of Chr
Carolyn Reardon
Mar 30, 2015 Carolyn Reardon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was good. But I felt all the stuff with Beth at the end was distracting. Guess it is part of series though
Highland-dreamer
Phyllis Swain
Jan 09, 2014 Phyllis Swain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Single mom physical therapist Sophie Alexander has her hands full with Dr. Josh mclaren, who is recovering form a terrible car wreck that killed his pregnant wife.
Jennifer Stark
It could of been a longer story. It was good but then suddenly he's in love with her, all his issues with the car accident and death of wife and unborn child dealt with? Moved too quickly from one aspect to the other, wasn't really a "middle". Still a good storyline.
Alyssa (The Shady Glade)
Not a bad book, just not my thing. Apparently it's the second in a series (Aspen Creek Crossroads) but I was fine even though I didn't read the first one.

It was okay, but nothing special.
Kelli
Aug 01, 2015 Kelli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: realist-fiction
Fast read, I read it in 2 hours. I sometimes like to read this type of book.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Aspen Creek Crossroads
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Aspen Creek Crossroads
Kerstin
Sweet Romance
Shannon Hamilton
Shannon Hamilton marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Selma
Selma rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2016
Lindsey Scott
Lindsey Scott rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2016
Carola
Carola is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Joyce Turner
Joyce Turner rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Sandra Myers
Sandra Myers marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Peggy Pitts
Peggy Pitts marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Cowboy's Homecoming (The Cowboy Series, #8)
  • The Baby Promise
  • An Unlikely Match (Chatam House, #4)
  • Hometown Sweetheart
  • Yuletide Cowboy (Men of Mule Hollow, #3)
  • His Holiday Family
  • A Place to Call Home (Mirror Lake, #1)
  • Small-Town Moms: A Dry Creek Family/A Mother for Mule Hollow (Mule Hollow, #17) (Dry Creek, #18)
  • The Cinderella List
  • A Family for Thanksgiving (After the Storm, #5)
  • His Country Girl (Home on the Ranch #4)
  • Missionary Daddy
  • A Family for Faith
  • Home to Stay
  • A Father For Zach (Lighthouse Lane #4)
  • Home Sweet Home
  • The Doctor's Christmas
  • Alaskan Hearts

Aspen Creek Crossroads (3 books)
  • Winter Reunion (Aspen Creek Crossroads, #1)
  • The Single Dad's Redemption (Aspen Creek Crossroads #3)