Easy Money

Easy Money

3.16 of 5 stars 3.16  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  12 reviews
She's looking for the truth in a place where there are no easy answers-- only deadly secrets...

The daughter of a Florida drug runner, Alison Kerry lives from day to day, in seedy motels, surviving on cigarettes, Wild Turkey, and the adrenaline rush of danger. Allie is a runner and her latest job should go down easy: easy pickup, easy payoff-- easy money. But in a bar outsi...more
Published December 15th 2000 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Money

Debbi Mack
EASY MONEY is what the main character of this book is looking to make, but her assignment as courier this time is anything but easy. Allie Kerry (the heroine of our story) normally runs various deliveries for her shady friend, Joey, a former lover--she got involved with this whole business through her dad and his friend, Cyrus (nothing like keeping business in the family).

Anyway, a simple assignment (easy money, as she frequently repeats, as if trying to convince herself) to pick up a package go...more
Donna
Alice Kerry started running packages when she was in college. She learned not to ask questions, just deliver the package and get her money. She was hired for what was supposed to be an easy money run. The person who delivered the package was killed before he could even give her the payment. Alice takes off across the country still intent on completing the trade but she is being followed by killers who seem to know where she will be every step of the way. She knows she is being betrayed but she d...more
Carol Leigh
Promising author. Good writing throughout, but (for me) the plot was confusing and unbelievable.
Paul
Jan 27, 2014 Paul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
This book surprised me. It opens like a general crime-mystery-thriller, but turns out to be about love, loyalty, forgiveness, and family. It's a damned impressive first novel. I'll be reading more of her stuff.
Desertgirl_2
Fun. Great, easy read. But underneath, it makes you think about making "easy money". Again, typical Siler, another unusual setting. I love the fact that she's not setting her stories in New York, LA, SF or Miami. Off the beaten track.

I got a lot of fun out of using Google Maps (& the photos) to see exactly where the story was going. Helped me to visualise the area far more vividly.
Bob
The plot sounded great, but there was simply no one to like in this book. Serious drugs, alcohol, casual sex, and pretty much a total lack of ethics. What's to like? I kept expecting more, and didn't get it.
Vfields is happy!
This was so not my kind of book and I couldn’t put it down. A woman’s father dies and she’s off to the funeral by way of an illegal drop of some kind of computer disk. She is set up along the way.
Dalia Singh
Not worth reading. Literally have skipped pages. Too slow, lots of disconnections.
Shane
Dec 26, 2007 Shane rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers
What an interesting way to make millons.
Illegal but nonetheless interesting.
Charles
Excellent first novel from Siler. Three and a half stars.
Matt Micucci
Terrible, really hard to follow and written terribly.
Maddy
RATING: 4.25
Britt
Britt marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Jeremy Good
Jeremy Good marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Ben
Ben added it
Jul 20, 2014
Lacy
Lacy marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Skyqueen
Skyqueen marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Cyprian Karuoro
Cyprian Karuoro is currently reading it
Feb 11, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014