Start by marking “Easy Money” as Want to Read:
Easy Money

Easy Money

She's looking for the truth in a place where there are no easy answers-- only deadly secrets...

The daughter of a Florida drug runner, Alison Kerry lives from day to day, in seedy motels, surviving on cigarettes, Wild Turkey, and the adrenaline rush of danger. Allie is a runner and her latest job should go down easy: easy pickup, easy payoff-- easy money. But in a bar outsi
Published December 15th 2000 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Easy Money, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easy Money

James Thane
Aug 18, 2016 James Thane rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-fiction
Alison Kerry's childhood was anything but normal. Raised in the Florida Keys by her father, a Vietnam vet-turned-barkeeper and smuggler, Allie learned early on the skills necessary to survive on the wrong side of the American dream. As a young girl, she learned how to drink and fight and shoot and joined her father and his partner on their drug smuggling expeditions before falling into the grip of a nasty cocaine habit. Now in recovery, she has become a courier, driving packages from one part of ...more
Jim Crocker
Aug 30, 2016 Jim Crocker rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody
Recommended to Jim by: James Thane
Jenny's 1998 work reads like magic, enfolding you into her fictive dream without a hitch. Only thing wrong with this one is that it comes to an end.

"I hoard the familiarity of name and place. I won't be coming back here." -- Jenny Siler, Easy Money
Paul
Jan 19, 2014 Paul rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
This book surprised me. It opens like a general crime-mystery-thriller, but turns out to be about love, loyalty, forgiveness, and family. It's a damned impressive first novel. I'll be reading more of her stuff.
Maddy
May 31, 2010 Maddy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2002-reads
RATING: 4.25

She’s been a criminal almost her entire life. As a child, Allie Kerry helped her father and his cohorts as they smuggled drugs or guns or other products around the Florida Keys. As an adult, she’s a recovering drug addict who has continued in the same line of work, using a car instead of a boat. She is a driver of “goods unknown”. Her contact tells her where to go and when, no questions asked about what she’s transporting. The idea of living the American dream with the white picket f
Desertgirl_2
Jul 11, 2010 Desertgirl_2 rated it really liked it
Fun. Great, easy read. But underneath, it makes you think about making "easy money". Again, typical Siler, another unusual setting. I love the fact that she's not setting her stories in New York, LA, SF or Miami. Off the beaten track.

I got a lot of fun out of using Google Maps (& the photos) to see exactly where the story was going. Helped me to visualise the area far more vividly.
Debbi Mack
May 16, 2009 Debbi Mack rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, suspense
EASY MONEY is what the main character of this book is looking to make, but her assignment as courier this time is anything but easy. Allie Kerry (the heroine of our story) normally runs various deliveries for her shady friend, Joey, a former lover--she got involved with this whole business through her dad and his friend, Cyrus (nothing like keeping business in the family).

Anyway, a simple assignment (easy money, as she frequently repeats, as if trying to convince herself) to pick up a package go
MsEleanorMae
I don't think the narrator, Betty Bobbit was suited to this book. Not sure how much this influenced my rating perhaps it did - how can it not? Sounded at times somewhat inappropriately hysterical and had the intonation wrong.

Like some other readers I found the characters lacked empathy or discourse (even in their thoughts) with the effect of their current choice of lifestyle and careers in drug running and crime.

Yet when exploring the mistakes and crimes during wartime Vietnam empathy for innoce
Donna
Jul 19, 2009 Donna rated it it was ok
Alice Kerry started running packages when she was in college. She learned not to ask questions, just deliver the package and get her money. She was hired for what was supposed to be an easy money run. The person who delivered the package was killed before he could even give her the payment. Alice takes off across the country still intent on completing the trade but she is being followed by killers who seem to know where she will be every step of the way. She knows she is being betrayed but she d ...more
Bob
Aug 08, 2013 Bob rated it did not like it
The plot sounded great, but there was simply no one to like in this book. Serious drugs, alcohol, casual sex, and pretty much a total lack of ethics. What's to like? I kept expecting more, and didn't get it.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
This was so not my kind of book and I couldn’t put it down. A woman’s father dies and she’s off to the funeral by way of an illegal drop of some kind of computer disk. She is set up along the way.
Shane
Dec 26, 2007 Shane rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery lovers
What an interesting way to make millons.
Illegal but nonetheless interesting.
Rachel Lehmann
Rachel Lehmann rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Nina
Nina rated it really liked it
May 16, 2016
Christopher Clemmer
Christopher Clemmer rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Bruce
Bruce rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Janet
Janet rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Dalia Singh
Jun 17, 2013 Dalia Singh rated it it was ok
Not worth reading. Literally have skipped pages. Too slow, lots of disconnections.
Andy
Andy rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2013
Laurie Hurst
Laurie Hurst rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2010
Leland
Leland rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2008
Carol Leigh
Jul 15, 2014 Carol Leigh rated it it was ok
Promising author. Good writing throughout, but (for me) the plot was confusing and unbelievable.
Neil Campbell
Neil Campbell rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2010
RichardM
RichardM rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2014
Siv Irene
Siv Irene rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Curtis Padgett
Curtis Padgett rated it did not like it
Nov 04, 2014
annodluvsbks
annodluvsbks rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2009
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Richard King
Richard King rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2009