Start by marking “Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station” as Want to Read:
Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station

Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station

Sound the alarm for a day of fire-station fun! From fast fire trucks and out-of-control hoses to sliding down fire poles and saving the day, children will love this exciting and hysterical story from the one and only Richard Scarry. Includes a sheet of stickers!
Published June 10th 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published June 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station

Hannah Notess
Feb 11, 2015 Hannah Notess rated it did not like it
The forces of chaos are strong in the works of Richard Scarry, but in this volume they are so strong to the point of total annihilation and despair. I keep trying to hide it so I don't have to read it aloud again, but I may just have to get rid of it.
Rosa Cline
Jan 25, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This was a good "Richard Scarry's" book but it was very 'busy'.... as most of his stories are. So if you have a child that gets overwhelmed very easily then these stories aren't for them. All the illustrations have LOTs and LOTS of things going on and is very 'busy' looking so even if you just tried to look at each page it would take a lot of time to see everything on each page.

The fire house needs repainted but the fire house is busy doing things that firefighters need to do... everything turn
Kristanne Duncan
Oct 26, 2012 Kristanne Duncan rated it really liked it
In this book, Drippy and Sticky are housepainters that show up to paint the town's fire station. They put out a cloth to cover up the fire trucks but the cloth slips and the truck gets covered in pink paint. Also, the firehouse poles get painted candy strips, but when the bell rings and the firefights slide down the pole, they get paint all over them. Regardless of these misfortunes, the firefighters do not complain, they continue with their jobs, helping those who call. As the day goes on, bigg ...more
Ruth
Feb 16, 2015 Ruth rated it liked it
Read & reviewed for the bookbag http://www.thebookbag.co.uk/reviews/i...
Jocelin
Jun 26, 2016 Jocelin rated it really liked it
It's a Richard Scarry's book. Need I say more, it's always a good read.
Jessica
Jun 09, 2016 Jessica rated it liked it
one of my son's favorties of the "day in the life" type Richard Scarry books
Asho
Grandma bought this book for my two-year-old. The version we have is part of a two-story book (the other featured story is A Day at the Airport). This book features tons of fire engines and opportunities to exclaim, "OH NO!" over big messes, both of which make my son really happy.
Read by L January 2016
Mandy J. Hoffman
Aug 10, 2009 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
The day of a firefighter...well at least in Busy Town! This is another cute and funny adventure by Richard Scarry. The firestation, fresh paint, a house fire, a pile up between several interesting vehicles, and then a Rino's silly mistake make this a silly story that little kids will love.
Monica
Dec 27, 2013 Monica rated it really liked it
"It's all in a firefighter's day at the fire station." This chorused tagline is especially enjoyable for us as Daddy is a firefighter. But come to think of it, what ever your occupation (certainly including motherhood) it is one with which most will connect with.
The Brothers
Another very fun story - this time the raccoons are trying to paint the firehouse, but the firemen (pigs) keep messing it up!
Jonathan
Jan 17, 2013 Jonathan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 566-picturebooks
This tale, set in the classic world of Busy Town, presents a slapstick firehouse tour with hints of color identification. The text is an overall fun story that avoids the pitfall of being overly busy and fragmented.
Maria
May 02, 2009 Maria rated it it was amazing
Tanner loves this book! It is a silly but fun book. We checked it out after we visited a firestation and Tanner puts on his fire hat everytime before we start reading.
Shelley
May 06, 2009 Shelley rated it it was amazing
there's a fire truck in this book... !! !!! !! (actually, there are many -- great for practicing counting) ... this one is a big hit.
John Yelverton
Apr 22, 2012 John Yelverton rated it it was amazing
An absolutely delightful and wonderful book for young children.
Morris
Sep 09, 2013 Morris rated it it was amazing
"I liked when Smokey said 'wonderful!'"
Gavin Histen
Gavin Histen rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Brigid
Brigid added it
Sep 18, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Gordon McGowan
Gordon McGowan rated it it was amazing
Oscar
Oscar added it
Kyven
Kyven rated it it was ok
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Miles
Miles rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Samantha Pearson
Samantha Pearson rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Nari (The Novel World)
Nari (The Novel World) rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Chloe Miller
Chloe Miller rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2016
  • An Otis Christmas
  • Animals
  • I Love Trains!
  • Four Famished Foxes and Fosdyke
  • Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Wee Gillis
  • Curious George and the Firefighters (Curious George New Adventures)
  • Our 50 States: Our 50 States
  • Clouds
  • What's Smaller Than a Pygmy Shrew?
  • How to Bake an American Pie