Start by marking “Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station” as Want to Read:
Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station
Preview

Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Drippy and Sticky the house painters have come to paint the Busytown Fire Station. But with Smokey and the other brave firefighters rushing in and out to rescue people, there are quite a few wet paint mishaps! Filled with information about firefighters and Scarry’s sense of fun, this book is sure to delight young readers everywhere.
Published June 10th 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published June 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station

Hannah Notess
The forces of chaos are strong in the works of Richard Scarry, but in this volume they are so strong to the point of total annihilation and despair. I keep trying to hide it so I don't have to read it aloud again, but I may just have to get rid of it.
Rosa Cline
This was a good "Richard Scarry's" book but it was very 'busy'.... as most of his stories are. So if you have a child that gets overwhelmed very easily then these stories aren't for them. All the illustrations have LOTs and LOTS of things going on and is very 'busy' looking so even if you just tried to look at each page it would take a lot of time to see everything on each page.

The fire house needs repainted but the fire house is busy doing things that firefighters need to do... everything turn
Kristanne Duncan
In this book, Drippy and Sticky are housepainters that show up to paint the town's fire station. They put out a cloth to cover up the fire trucks but the cloth slips and the truck gets covered in pink paint. Also, the firehouse poles get painted candy strips, but when the bell rings and the firefights slide down the pole, they get paint all over them. Regardless of these misfortunes, the firefighters do not complain, they continue with their jobs, helping those who call. As the day goes on, bigg ...more
Mandy J. Hoffman
The day of a firefighter...well at least in Busy Town! This is another cute and funny adventure by Richard Scarry. The firestation, fresh paint, a house fire, a pile up between several interesting vehicles, and then a Rino's silly mistake make this a silly story that little kids will love.
Asho
Grandma bought this book for my two-year-old. The version we have is part of a two-story book (the other featured story is A Day at the Airport). This book features tons of fire engines and opportunities to exclaim, "OH NO!" over big messes, both of which make my son really happy.
Monica
"It's all in a firefighter's day at the fire station." This chorused tagline is especially enjoyable for us as Daddy is a firefighter. But come to think of it, what ever your occupation (certainly including motherhood) it is one with which most will connect with.
Jonathan
This tale, set in the classic world of Busy Town, presents a slapstick firehouse tour with hints of color identification. The text is an overall fun story that avoids the pitfall of being overly busy and fragmented.
Maria
Tanner loves this book! It is a silly but fun book. We checked it out after we visited a firestation and Tanner puts on his fire hat everytime before we start reading.
Shelley
there's a fire truck in this book... !! !!! !! (actually, there are many -- great for practicing counting) ... this one is a big hit.
John Yelverton
An absolutely delightful and wonderful book for young children.
Morris
"I liked when Smokey said 'wonderful!'"
Sara
Sara added it
Mar 29, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Carol
Carol added it
Feb 07, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Richard Scarry's A Day at the Airport My First Picture Dictionary Richard Scarry's Father Cat's Christmas Tree Venice Sketchbook Balloon Trip: A Sketchbook