Secret Star (Stars of Mithra, #3)

Secret Star (Stars of Mithra #3)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  3,514 ratings  ·  54 reviews

Published (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Star

Saly
Grace is the third friend to whom Bailey sent the diamond and she has been AWOL, Lieutenant Seth finds her home burglarized and a body he thinks is Grace but learns differently.

Grace is a cool customer used to hiding her real self beneath her looks and sophistication, she had to learn to with her vulture relatives and everyone wanting a piece of her, she behaved recklessly just to get back at her family and only MJ and Bailey know her real generous self.

Seth only knows what she allows people to...more
Bree T
Secret Star is the final novel in the Stars of Mithra trilogy and revolves around Grace, friend of Bailey and M.J from the first two novels. The three girls have known each other since college and are incredibly close. When Bailey knew the three diamonds were in danger, she separated them to keep them safe and Fed-Ex’d one to M.J and the other to Grace. M.J kept hers with her while she was on the run with Jack Dakota and they looked for Grace at her country house. Until this novel the reader has...more
Wench
Okay it feels a little weird to be marking a series as 'contemporary' when it came out nearly 20 years ago, but you know what I mean. The mentions of carphones and shit though... awww, bless.

This series reallllllly wants to be a proper para-Nora (h/t to Smart Bitches for that term), and it just feels too short for her to have worked in all of her usual mystical visions and dreams shit. There's some brief flashes of it in the first book, a couple more in the second, and a few more flashes in the...more
Sandra
Uma estória de amor bastante preenchida de pormenores, para um livro da Harlequin.

Gostei bastante da mistura entre paixão, crime e o mistério que envolve os três diamantes azuis.

Quando leio um livro da Harlequin, normalmente, sinto que foi uma leitura incompleta, como se faltassem "bocados" ao enredo, como se num determinado momento a estória avançasse demasiado, desse "um salto", o que não foi este o caso.

Basta dizer que devorei-o numa tarde.

Duncan Mandel
He was standing face-to-face with a dead woman...and she was holding a gun. Lieutenant Seth Buchanan's homicide investigation--and his heart--were thrown into turmoil when Grace Fontaine turned up very much alive--and in possession of one of the huge blue diamonds known as the Stars of Mithra.The cool, controlled cop never let his feelings get in the way of his job, and everything he knew about the notorious heiress told him she was poison. But in her irresistible presence, it was hard to rememb...more
Stephanie Bolen
This was a re-read and I didn't like the book the first time I read it. Now after reading the other novels before this one I don't understand it even less. Where did the whole re-incarnation aspect come in, and the prophetic dreams. Neither of the other books in the trilogy has a metaphysical aspect to it at all, so this is an unneeded curve ball--or should I say cornball. Plus add to that all the other awfulness that is the villain. It was by far the worst book in the trilogy and maybe the wors...more
Maria
The heroine, Grace, is my least favorite type in the romance genre. Sophisticated, wealthy, unbelievably good looking, manipulative . . . and that being said, Ms. Roberts managed to give Grace enough depth to pull every one of my heartstrings. By the end of the book, I was ready to strangle Seth for not seeing below the surface to the real Grace. The extra-sensory elements could have been edited out with no adverse effects to the story. It's a good thing I can do that without half trying. The re...more
Adriana Fogaça
Estrela de Mithra 3/3
Estrela Secreta
Nora Roberts
Harlequin
2013

O melhor da trilogia. E o mais complicado. O casal mais interessante.

Grace é simplesmente maravilhosa. E nãos estou falando de beleza, apesar da autora descreve-la como uma mulher estonteante.

Digo, a alma, o caráter, a força interior, essas características foram encantadoras.

Seth já é outra estória, homem duro, correto e honrado. Sempre colocando a lei e o trabalho em primeiro lugar. Mas quando se apaixona, perde completamente o contro...more
Deborah Vespo
The third book in the Stars of Mithra series. The book begins in Grace Fontaine's home and Seth Buchanan is the homicide investigation cop who will begin the investigation of her murder. The next thing he knows a woman has a gun pointed at him, the woman who is suppose to be dead. Turns out the dead woman is actually Grace's cousin who has always treated her with disdain while at the same time tries to be her and had snuck into her home and was staying there while Grace was out. The Stars of Mit...more
Kathy
Katie
The plot is pretty typical of the Nora Roberts oeuvre. There are three blue diamonds, known collectively as the Stars of Mithra. There is a string of murders which take place in the search for these priceless diamonds, before they enter the Smithsonian Institute. In pursuit of the perpetrators of these crimes Detective Seth Buchanan finds himself charged with solving the murder of Grace Fontaine. Who shows up very much alive and becomes something Seth cannot keep a professional distance from.

Th...more
Mónica Horta
Não há nada como acabar uma trilogia com o melhor livro da mesma. Foi isso que senti ao durante a leitura deste livro e foi também a sensação com que fiquei depois de o terminar. Este 3º volume tem muito mais salero que os anteriores. As personagens são mais apimentadas e as suas personalidades são mais vincadas. Enfim, são mais humanas. Podiam perfeitamente ser pessoas que conhecemos ou quem nos poderíamos cruzar na rua.

Grace é uma mulher sem pudores que se faz valer da sua imagem para obter aq...more
Ann-marie
Secret the third and final book in the Mithra series finds lieutenant Buchanan looking at a corpse and believing Grace fontaine was the victim. So begins this book unlike the other two books where the characters were on the run this one focuses on trying to find who is behind wanting to steal the diamonds. As time goes by lieutenant Buchanan and grace start an affair she feeling that the relationship could be more and he fighting it because he so a custom to be in control. First book I thoroughl...more
Mwana Mali
I was thoroughly disappointed. The fantasy aspect of the book should have gotten a lot more -I'm not sure exactly- I just wanted more! I found that Gregor wasn't as menacing as I'd hoped and I wish Nora would have explained the unspoken reincarnation of the lovebirds. That must have been the source of their inexplicable chemistry, right? Or am I missing something? All in all, not a bad book.
Beth
The third in a series of stories about a group of friends and their involvement with some mythical diamonds.

Another not so realistic romance mixed with the suspense of a mystery. A very nasty bad guy who gets his while trying to steal the diamonds and finally a wonderful ending.
Hope
As always this was a quick enjoyable read. There are very few Nora Roberts books that I don't enjoy. LOL! She's the quintessential "easy read". That said, I'm always amazed at how much depth she gives her characters with so few words. I liked it! :-)
SANDRA
I will give this a full 4 stars it was a lot better than the last too, but still missing that something that intensity that we so love from NR. It tied up all the lose ends from the other 2 books.

This one was about Grace, She is beautiful, gorgeous in fact, rich and lonely. the only family she has is Bailey and M.J. (Her parents died when she was very young and was raised by her aunt who is the wicked step mother of the tale)") She meets Buchanan ( the lieutenant of the police force who is work...more
reader
I liked the first two better

I thought this story dragged. The characters were likeable, but they were not as fascinating. The magic wasn't interesting to me either.
Jo Ellen Thomas
Very good.

Very good.

An excellent read. As always I enjoyed the book very much. I plan on reading the rest of the series.
Thetravelingpanda
I didn't like the character of Diana, for me it looks as if Nora Roberts tried to make a self centered rich girl look nice by adding her a hobby: helping sick children. I thought she was unfair to Seth most of the time and did not try to understand him. As for the plot... Well it was okay at the beginning but the whole magical sphere was to much.
Evelyn
Homicide detective Seth Buchanan feels mysteriously drawn to the portrait of socialite Grace Fontaine over the fireplace of her mansion. Too bad it appears that she's been pushed over a balcony and lying dead on the floor in front of him. This is the fifth homicide he's investigating over the July 4th weekend--all somehow involving a trio of blue diamonds. Imagine his surprise when the "real" Grace Fontaine walks through the door and IDs the body as that of her cousin.

Third in The Stars of Mithr...more
Melissa
Ok, so it's a romance novel...but better than the average. I liked the element of mystery in this series.
June Marino
Book 3 in the Stars of Mithra trilogy. This book focused on the third friend, Grace and the cop who helped her, Seth. Interesting book- easy to spot the villain pretty early on. Interesting trilogy, but I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it in hindsight.
Ronatha Hall
I didn't enjoy it as much as the previous stories, but it was a good ending.
Heather
Good book finished the series nicely.
MaryLynn
I need to remember that I don't have to eat everything on my plate and I don't need to finish every book I start. I thought I had read a Nora Roberts novel before and enjoyed it, but I must have been wrong. This was too silly and too steamy for me. The good news was that by skipping all the steamy parts I was able to finish it in no time. Another plus, I hadn't realized it was part 3 of a trilogy (it was an e-book from the library), so I was able to find out the ending without wasting my time re...more
Kimbelry Lane
I liked this book best because it was more of a love story. The ending was a little too neat but it was my favorite of the series.
Ipshita Ranjana
the story is about the romance between a cop and a model,whose life is threatened with the usual suspense about who is trying to kill her for the 3rd star of mithra and how she escapes with the cop.

one of the author's best,this novel is a fast paced romance thriller with an nice plot and amazing characters,i liked the hero especially.

a superb ending to a awesome trilogy,this book gets my full approval from every side
3rd in the Stars of Mithra trilogy. I liked this final book best of the 3. Somewhat because the story came to a final end and some because there was a little more edge of your seat quality. It was a little harder for the couple (Seth & Grace) to come together in the end. Quick reads at about 200 pages digitally. I borrowed from the library, don't know that I'd pay to read. Easy, quick, romantic, light suspense.
Jessica Kelishes

I really enjoyed this series about the stars. The characters are believable and the relationships that they build are fun to see develop. I like the discovery you go through in the first book and then the characters in the second book and their relationship is fun. The third book is a little disappointing and anti-climactic for such a build up but overall it was a good read. I would read it again.
  • Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)
  • Fever (McCalls, #1)
  • Imitation in Death (In Death, #17)
  • Men of the West: Harden\\Evan\\Donavan
  • Between the Lines
  • The Lightkeeper
  • Love With The Proper Stranger
  • A Secret Splendor
  • Ready For Marriage
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Gone With the Nerd (Nerds, #4)
  • The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...