Start by marking “The Vampire Files, Volume Five” as Want to Read:
The Vampire Files, Volume Five

The Vampire Files, Volume Five

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Includes A Song in the Dark and Dark Road Rising My name is Jack Fleming, nightclub owner, P.I.-and vampire. Usually, that's a combination that keeps me safe. But when a New York lowlife muscled in on Chicago territory, I survived his attempt to kill me by the skin of my fangs.

It brought out the vampire in me-and if I don't get my blood hunger back under control and do so
Published March 6th 2012 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Files, Volume Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Files, Volume Five

Erika
4.5 stars. Jack is a little too self-pitying for my taste, but I like the rest of the story that surrounds it. Shame most of the new characters are introduced to die, but I guess you need some victims. Gabe is creepy, even though they make friends with him.

I felt that some of Elrod's canon was confused, but it's been a week since I flew through the Jack's creation story, so I might be misremembering.

Glad it's an omnibus because I wouldn't have wanted to wait the 4 years between the two books, e
Karen Mahtin
I liked this one the best so far. It introduces a new vampire who has his own problems that are very different from Jack's, and tells part of his story from his perspective.
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Robert Adam
Robert Adam marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Travis Ethridge
Travis Ethridge marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Dawson
Dawson marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Jasen Hansen
Jasen Hansen marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Patricia Nead Elrod is an American fantasy writer specializing in novels about vampires. Her work falls into areas of fantasy and (in some cases) mystery or historical fiction, but normally not horror, since her vampires are the heroes. -Wikipedia
More about P.N. Elrod...
My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding (There Be Pirates, #1; Kit and Olivia, #2; Nightcreature, #5.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #6.1; The Dresden Files, #7.5; Dark-Hunter, #6.25) Strange Brew My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon Dark and Stormy Knights Hex Appeal (Phoenix Chronicles; The Shadowfae Chronicles, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #5.6; The Dresden Files, #11.9)