One World, Two Minds: Eastern and Western Outlooks in a Changing World

One World, Two Minds: Eastern and Western Outlooks in a Changing World

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  3 reviews
While cyberspace and concorde jets have made the world so small that East and West meet regularly, when it comes to understanding one another, the two worlds are as far apart as ever. This book deals in broad strokes with the major differences in the mindsets of the two groups, not to encourage prejudice, but to evaluate these world views.
Published by OMF Books

Rob
This is an excellent little book on the similarities and differences of Eastern and Western cultures. I love the format of this book as the author takes so many different areas of life and paints a picture of a Western view and then an Eastern view. Then, the author beautifully shows what it looks like when these two cultures come together in this area of life. Finally, for each area, the author also provides a biblical perspective of how we should think and/or act in this area of our lives. He...more
Scott Hayden
Feb 19, 2012 Scott Hayden rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Daniel Groot
Recommended to Scott by: ICS
A must read for everyone who works in an East-meets-West setting. I first read this little book right before moving to Thailand 15 years ago. I'm so glad I did. Now whenever I meet someone about to go to Asia, this is the first book that I recommend.

Lane paints in admittedly broad but useful strokes, the differences between Eastern and Western ideas and practice. In later chapters he explores these differences in different fields of thought from education to decision making to religion.
Alan
Very good and concise summary of the differences in thinking between the Western mind and the Eastern mind. It was very helpful to me for relating to my friends from Eastern cultures. The book could go into much more depth on each subject.
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2013
Aditya Tri
Aditya Tri marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Nancy Babbitt
Nancy Babbitt marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
Donna
Donna is currently reading it
Aug 18, 2012
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2011
Preach The Word When God Guides (Living Testimonies Series) Man And His God One World, Two Minds Cloud and the Silver Lining