Start by marking “Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)” as Want to Read:
Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)

Red Fox (Experiment in Terror #2)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  4,764 ratings  ·  655 reviews
With Book Two of the Experiment in Terror Series, Perry Palomino and Dex Foray trade in the stormy Oregon coast for the unforgiving deserts of New Mexico.

In the for­got­ten town of Red Fox, New Mex­ico, a Navajo cou­ple is tor­tured by things unseen and by motives unknown. Wild ani­mals slink through their house in the dark, a bar­rage of stones pound their roof nightly,...more
Published March 1st 2012 by Metal Blonde Books (first published June 12th 2011)

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Book Boyfriends
177th out of 4,623 books — 17,953 voters
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesHeart on a Chain by Cindy C. BennettAccordance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
27th out of 830 books — 1,897 voters

More lists with this book...

David "proud member of Branwen's adventuring party"
Much like the haunted town of Red Fox, this book is filled with chills, laughs, intrigue, and suspense!

Now that the events of Darkhouse have been aired, the "Experiment In Terror" web-series has become a smash hit! Well...maybe not quite a hit...but at least it hasn't been canceled...yet! Now Dex is taking Perry to the haunted Indian reservation of Red Fox to investigate the mysterious occurrences there. Animals have been seen behaving in bizarre ways. Rocks are being hurled by apparently invisi...more
Litchick (is stuck in the 19th century)

Sorry. I HAD to use that gif.

I read the first book in this series just a few days ago and had mixed feelings. There were some editing fails, weird turns of phrase, plot holes, and I had no idea how I felt about the MC or the male lead.

You know what’s awesome? Picking up the second book and finding that all the things you complained about have either been removed altogether or toned waaaaay down.

The biggest difference for me was Perry. I hate to say this, but when a story is told in first pers...more
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
I loved Darkhouse but Red Fox absolutely blew me away!!The story was even stronger than the first one and the tension between Perry and Dex is starting to reach explosive levels!!

They aren't prepared for what happened to them in New Mexico...
Weird things are happening on the farm of a Navajo couple...

Animals are behaving strangely..

description

Stones drop down on the house and the inhabitants are getting more and more scared every minute...
When Perry and Dex come to their rescue in a desperate attempt to sa...more
Karina Halle
Jun 29, 2011 Karina Halle added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'll admit, it feels a bit dumb and a tiny bit egotistical to be reviewing your own book but I did it to the first one, Darkhouse, so I might as well leave one for Red Fox. Especially since I like this book a lot more than Darkhouse. Don't get me wrong, I love my first book to bits, but I want to marry Red Fox and have its babies (and I don't even like babies).
Red Fox - Book Two in the Experiment in Terror Series - takes our plucky heroine Perry (makes her sound like 1940's reporter) and dashing...more
Debra

4 highly captivating and intriguing STARS!!!!

"The truth is in the fire."

In this second part of the enticing Experiment in Terror series Dex and Perry continue the adventure of their "ghost hunting" internet show by visiting the town of Red Fox in New Mexico. There they try to help the Navajo couple Will and Sarah who's desolate farm is haunted by forces unknown.

"Ghosts don't harm or maim people. They just scare. Skinwalkers...they kill. I think you are all in real danger."

They come acro...more
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥

“The truth is in the fire.”

Another 5 Freaking-Supernatural Stars

description

And Karina Halle does it again…

Another creepy and twisted read, a horror scenario perfectly executed and highly accomplished. Hopelessly romantic and deeply sarcastic, despite the paranormal factor, this book (the whole series, really) is brutally realistic when it comes down to people, character development and feelings.

We all hide from our innermost thoughts and we all are scared to show the frightened kid, that still lives ins...more
kristina

Perry and Dex in this book have to discover what is going on at the Red Fox,a town located at Mexico.

Do you find ghosts scary?

Can you belive that a cute fox could scare the hell out of you?

In this book they dont chase ghosts but they are trying to figure out who is the skin walker.

Why are the animals acting crazily ?

In this book we are also intodused Maximus , Dex's old friend.
I didn't like him because he had a big mouth.

(view spoiler)...more
Brittni
5 AMAZING STARS!!!!!!

So the creepiness continues….

photo red-fox_zps939bfadb.gif

This series just gets better and better with each book!!!!

Once again Karina Halle blew me away!! This book was freaking so good!!! I loved it!! Hell I love this series!!

Short summary: Dex and Perry continue their ghost hunting adventure by visiting the town Red Fox in New Mexico. They encounter coyotes walking on two legs, strange human like foxes and other creepy looking animals.

I love Perry!! She is starting to come into her own and her self-c...more
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
In this book, Dex and Perry are off to the boonies in New Mexico to a town called Red Fox where they are checking out some stories of a possible haunting. Problem is ghosts don't usually throw rocks and definitely don't mutilate sheep, so what in the heck is going on? Maybe Dex and Perry are in over their heads with this one.

description

Well, the "scary" story is a bit different in this one and I may be in the minority by saying that I didn't feel it was as scary as the Darkhouse. The hauntings have to do w...more
Amy (Foxy)
First and foremost this book had me at the name, Red Fox . I mean how could I not love a book with my name for the title?!

The famous duo are back together for the making of their second video blog series. They leave the Pacific Northwest for the heat of New Mexico. They are invited to film the 'evil' thing that is tormenting a local farmer.

Perry's affinity for danger following her everywhere she goes does not disappoint in this book.
”But what can I say? I was an idiot. You saved me. That’s ki
Kristin (KC)
Red Fox was just plain old fun!

What makes this story so addictive is the unique connection Dex and Perry share. There is no solid romance to speak of just yet, but their bond is slowly evolving into something powerful...and I'm anxiously anticipating its arrival!

I'm always going to come and get you.

In this installment, Dex and Perry pack their bags and head to New Mexico determined to film so-called poltergeists that have been haunting a Native American couple. Although Dex made somewhat l...more
Catarina
Welcome to New Mexico, where old legends still live and strange phenomenons occurs every day.

description

In this second installment Perry and Dex are going to New Mexico, more exactly to a small town called Red Fox, where strange events are happening.
Wild-behaved animals, people that know more than what they tell, things that aren't what they seem to be and the already crazy events get even crazier in the moment they arrive.
And they have no idea what are up against or even how they'll get out of that situ...more
Kristalia
Final rating: ★★★★/★★★★★

“I hope you never stop feeling alive.”“As long as you’re around,” he said softly, “I’ll be alive.”

Buddy Read with Vilda! Check out her review here

Who will you trust?

When everybody hides behind the masks?

When everyone lies or hides something...while danger is everywhere...

Where animals act we
It's just me Shelly B

Hallelujuah!!!! This book was WAY better than it's predecessor!!!!!!

I almost gave up half way through book 1 but thanks to all my goodread friends I pushed on and finished!!!

They told me it would get better and I would fall in love with Perry and Dex.....I didn't believe them but now I'm starting to see things their way!!

So I would like to give you all a big Thank You for encouraging me to continue...

This book was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than book 1.....sorry but true!!!

I'm loving Perry...more
Duchess Nicole
On this episode of Experiment in Terror, Dex and Perry are called to Red Fox, New Mexico to investigate a report of a haunted ranch. Not only haunted, but bombarded with night time rock hailstorms and overrun with wild animal sightings...inside the house.

Believed to be the work of something called a skinwalker, the entity feels evil to Perry. Skinwalkers are said to be violent and malevolent beings, a legend of many Native American tribes. These are not nice creatures.

The couple that Dex and Per...more
Vilda
Buddy Read with Kristalia - check out her review here!

Rating: 3,5 stars

"I felt Dex roll over on top of my body and cover me. It was touching. It was useless. But at least I knew he'd do anything to protect me. Even when all hope was lost."

This sure was a bit of a WTF-read! Sheez, talk about a spooky storyline. I mean skinwalkers? Ooh. I definitely liked this one more than Darkhouse and I thought it was real interesting learning more about the Navajo! I seriously can't wait to see what the next...more
Gabriella *is awesome*

"I saw a pair of yellow eyes,low to the ground.i would have screamed at the sight ,or moved,or something,but all i could do was stare."

the second installment to the experiment in terror series turned out to be just ah-mazing as the first. with fires,tribes and coyotes...this book easily became one of the most captivating mystery of the year,so far, to me.

when perry and dex decide to ride down to old 'RED FOX' an old forgotten town middle of the freaking nowhere, they know that their road trip...more
Fathima
SOOO FREAKIN GOOD !!!
I think I'm in love with this series . Perry and Dex are back and they are definitely kicking asses , oh and btw they are getting theirs kicked too and that being said - all the way in New Mexico ! This book was so full of surprises .
The sexual tension between Perry and Dex had me rolling for the most part , so did Karina Halle's way of putting out her dialogues . Perry's narration and her thoughts really make you snort out loud , and if that was'nt enough Dex's smart pa
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

***4.25 Crazy Demonic Animal Stars***

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

The first episode of Experiment in Terror was not a complete failure, but not a success either. The show has not been canned... yet. Dex is contacted by an old "friend" to ask him to head over to a ranch and investigate the activity going on there. He accepts and so Perry and Dex head over to Red Fox, New Mexico to see if what is happening, could be about poltergeists. They were dead wrong. Th...more
Jen
"So many secrets, so many blind eyes."

Another fabulous installment from Karina Halle! Once again, I have to say this author is just brilliant. I have such high respect for the way she puts words on to paper. The way she is able to bring the words to life, and paint a picture with them is just breathtaking! Right from page one I was hooked with this description of a fire:

"The parched air swarmed furiously with sky-seeking embers that spanned the spectrum of orange and yellow. They emerged from f...more
Jasmine
4 SKINWALKER STARS ★★★★

"The truth is in the fire."

In the second installment in the EiT series, our favorite ghost-hunters are back for another round of heart-stopping, thrilling adventure. This time Perry & Dex made their way down to New Mexico!

The duo travels to the small city in a desert called Red Fox where strange occurrences have befallen on a Navajo couple, Will & Sarah. We're talking crazy animals with spooky eyes appearing & disappearing in their house & even raining...more
Angela
Buddy read with my girls Erica and Sarah

I'm incredibly conflicted about this book, and this series as a whole so far. I liked Perry in the first book. I understood her. She's insecure and unsure of herself, but at the same time she's not going to let anything - including herself - hold her back. I could relate. In Darkhouse Perry was straight-forward, honest, no-nonsense, and pretty sarcastic. What she wasn't, overly, was too-stupid-to-live.

I can't say the same for Red Fox. Perry made one stupi...more
Holly
*sniff*

The end of this book actually made me teary. WTF? That was totally unexpected.

It's 2am and I'm exhausted from my marathon reading session tonight, so I will keep this short and sweet.

I feel like I know Perry and Dex so much better now. And I especially loved seeing the more vulnerable side of Dex this time around. Yes, there were times when I thought Perry made some dumb decisions and I wanted to shake some sense into her. But more often than not, I felt empathy for what she was going thr...more
Joana
I do think this series should came with 3 warnings :

* This is scary stuff. Maybe you shouldn't read it while home alone and at night*

* Highly addictive series!!! You will just crave for more *

* You'll love Dex and Perry dearly but without a doubt, You'll have a HUGE crush on Dex...just no way around it*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway, back to the story!
This time our favorite duo, awesome but crazy Perry and Dex,will go to shoot an episode in the desert. In a town called Red Fox, where strange events have been happeni...more
Erica Ravenclaw
Buddy read with my babes Angela

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
3.5 stars but rounding up because you don't own me.

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

When I get wind of an already established series that I should be reading, I systematically avoid every single thing posted about it. I'm so thorough about this that I often have little to no idea on what it's even about. Halfway through Darkhouse it was brought to my attention that there is already 8 books published, with a 9th on the way and smattering of nov...more
AJ
Book 2 in the Experiment in Terror series brings us more creepy, spooky stuff, more heart-racing action and, most importantly, more Dex and Perry! And it’s all awesome!

There’s a bit more focus on Dex’s character in this one. We get to see more of his tortured side, and learn a little bit about his past, and some of what he has been through to make him the way he is. And it’s all so sad! My heart broke for him. But I loved seeing him open up a bit more - “Perry ... I was hoping you'd come out and...more
Regina
Very rarely does a series come along that completely pulls the reader in to the story in such a way that creates a reading frenzy. By reading frenzy I mean, being unable or incapable of putting a book down. By reading frenzy I mean having to immediately buy the next book in the series — and I mean immediately upon finishing a book in the series. By reading frenzy I mean, having the characters consume your life in such a way that the reader believes she is living the in the book itself – or despe...more
La-Lionne
I'm glad I didn't give up on the series after the Drakhouse. I did have few issues with it, but I liked it much better than the first book, and it made me want to read the next one.

I think the only reason I didn't like this book as much as the majority of readers is because I didn't find the whole shapeshifter-thing very interesting *whispering "I have read better ;-)*
description
But, the book had enough interesting things going on to keep me guessing. The whole mystery surrounding Dex was very intriguing,...more
Nikki
July 2014: Reread with Renee. This is one of my favorite books in the series!

-----
I don't have time to review when I have so many more of these books to read! SO FREAKING GOOD. I love Perry, and I adore Dex. There's no other way to describe this series: I'm either embarrassing myself by laughing hysterically out loud (see the quotes in my comments), or I'm freaked out and chewing my fingernails. This book has my anxiety skyrocketing (but then solves the problem in the next breathe). Absolutely l...more
  • Jekyll (Hyde, #2)
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
  • Armed and Dangerous (The IMA, #2)
  • Extinguish (Extinguish, #1)
  • Painted Faces (Painted Faces, #1)
  • Hellhound: Dogs of War (Hellhound, #2)
  • Heller's Punishment (Heller, #4)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Wedding Hells
  • My Soul to Take (The Holy Trinity, #2)
  • The Prophet (Graveyard Queen, #3)
  • Dark Light (Dark Light, #1)
  • Till Death (The Dumont Diaries, #3)
  • A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries #4)
  • The Debt & the Doormat
  • The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4)
  • Fast Forward
  • The Tied Man (The Tied Man, #1)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer and rock music journalist and the USA TODAY bestselling author of Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Experiment in Terror and other wild and romantic reads. She lives in a 1920's farmhouse on a bucolic island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her rescue pup, where she drinks a lot of wine, hikes a lot of trails, and devours a lot of b...more
More about Karina Halle...
Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1) Love, in English (LIE, #1) Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2) On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)

“And with madness comes the light.” 61 likes
“Dex,” I whispered.
“Mmmm?” he grunted.
“I hope you never stop feeling alive.”
I could have sworn his heart skipped a few beats. He tensed. Then relaxed.
“As long as you’re around,” he said softly, “I’ll be alive.”
51 likes