Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8)

Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander #8)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  398 ratings  ·  58 reviews
WRITTEN IN MY OWN HEART’S BLOOD is the eighth novel in the world-famous OUTLANDER series. In June of 1778, the world turns upside-down. The British army withdraws from Philadelphia, George Washington prepares to move from Valley Forge in pursuit, and Jamie Fraser comes back from the dead to discover that his best friend has married Jamie’s wife. The ninth Earl of Ellesmere...more
Expected publication: June 10th 2014 by Delacorte Press (first published June 5th 2014)

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanCress by Marissa MeyerThe One by Kiera CassDreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
29th out of 2,109 books — 12,713 voters
The Collector of Dying Breaths by M.J. RoseDare to Love Again by Julie LessmanA Beauty So Rare by Tamera AlexanderThe Dancing Master by Julie KlassenA Burnable Book by Bruce   Holsinger
Historical Fiction 2014
6th out of 289 books — 1,488 voters

More lists with this book...

Shelley
Feb 11, 2014 Shelley marked it as to-read
Dear Book 8, I think about you every day. When will we be together???? DG is not even sure about Fall 2013!

Update: March 25, 2014 June 10, 2014; I'll wait as long as it takes baby!!!
Sara
Jun 10, 2013 Sara marked it as to-read
Shelves: get
I really really like Claire and is the only reason I will be trying this one after the last one made me want to throw the book out the window in frustration and scream "No nononononnono Nooooo" when I realised that was the last page and there was nothing more.

02/01/2013 I think is high time for an update. Apparently the book should be coming out Fall (Spring for me, so that must be September, right? RIGHT?!
the description is out and it's sounding good already. If somebody would have asked me ba...more
Jill
Apr 03, 2014 Jill marked it as to-read

After nearly FIVE years of waiting....

HOLIDAYS BOOKED

check

FAMILY WARNED ASKED NICELY
(view spoiler)

check

description

Dear Publishers....do not think about delaying for EVEN.ONE.DAY....

description

"I have loved others, and I do love many, Sassenach — but you alone hold all my heart, whole in your hands,” he said softly. “And you know that.”
- Jamie, Written in My Own Heart's Blood

Bεε
NOoooooooo! March 2014! A curse to three more extended months.

A pox to three more months! I banish three months from all publisher's catalogs! I abhor, disrespect, denounce, and give a giant flush to the literary toilet of all extended months.

May those extended months get sunburned and attract ants in their picnic. I proclaim an epic Hamlet-ing and George RR Martin-ing the characters of three more months. May those extended months have stupid boring weekends, become plagued with 47 cats, and c...more
Lacy
Jun 01, 2013 Lacy marked it as to-read
Please do not expect any work from me in March until I have finished this book. I will be taking a break from all forms of human interaction from the time I get it until it is finished. We have got to get little Timmy out of the well...uh, I mean little Jemmy out of the tunnel.
Leea
Oct 16, 2013 Leea marked it as to-read

Love the cover, March 25th 2014
Shannon Beck
I can not wait for this book to come out Diana Gabaldon is by far my favorite and her books are the best.
Cora
Oct 13, 2012 Cora marked it as to-read
If the world doesn't end in December. I gotta read this. I am totally invested in Jamie & Claire's story
Jenny Busby
Apr 11, 2012 Jenny Busby marked it as to-read
I can't wait until this book comes out. I've been reading lines that the author posts on Facebook and it's making me want to read it more. I'll start the series again soon so I can get refreshed on the series just in time for the new one to come out.
Shannon
Jan 05, 2013 Shannon marked it as to-read
Can't wait, want it to come out now!! Feels like eternity o waiting for this to come out. Completely addicted to this series, my favourite of all times!!
Lisa
Jan 20, 2012 Lisa marked it as to-read
End of 2012! Don't want to rush the new year, but CANNOT wait for book eight!
Meredith Barrons
Mar 05, 2012 Meredith Barrons marked it as to-read
Please write faster!!!!!
Andrea
Sep 20, 2011 Andrea marked it as to-read
Wow, the last time I looked at this book, it had no title... What a title. So looking forward to this book.
Cyndee
So I am reviewing the evil "Pre Publication Excerpt"
OH MY GOSH!!!! I love Jamie!
Jenny is amazing how she deals with Claire. Claire, John, Jamie and everyone else around them are going through so many emotions. And little Germain! Love him! "Have ye got a bit of trouble started again, Grand-mere?" Oh how that summed up the way the whole last book ended and this one starts.
Seven chapters is just torture! I need more! So glad Outlander isn't a drug. I would need serious rehab, but not want it!
"John...more
Nicolette
Sep 13, 2012 Nicolette marked it as to-read
CAN. NOT. WAIT!!! I get goosebumps just reading the book description. :D
Vera
Jul 08, 2012 Vera marked it as to-read
I cannot wait! I've been waiting FOREVER for this!!
Sherron
Jun 16, 2011 Sherron marked it as to-read
Shelves: wishlist-kindle
OMG!!!! I had no idea she had one coming out already.
Bonnie
Jul 16, 2013 Bonnie marked it as not-yet-released-2014  ·  review of another edition
OMG WHY IS THE DATE NOW 2014?!?!?!?1

Squee! A TITLE! :D
Eunice Biblioceraptor
Jan 17, 2013 Eunice Biblioceraptor marked it as to-read
The plot-line regarding the relationships of the main characters in Written in My Own Heart's Blood sounds like an incestuous train-wreck across time and space.
-->INCEST-CEPTION

Can't wait for it to be released so that I can watch all the little old ladies flock to the store I work at to seize a copy of this in their hot little hands in excitement. Naaaawww! :3
Ahmed
I think this should read as I fuss it's wonderfully book, anyone will get bnifit of it and then he increases the understinig and he will enjoyed and.
Terri
Oct 16, 2012 Terri marked it as to-read
Last I read, coming out at the end of 2013 now. Aaarrrgghhh! I hope I live long enough to read the conclusion of their story!
Marielle Authier
Nov 15, 2013 Marielle Authier marked it as to-be-release-2014
New date from Diana Gabaldon FB page - June 10th, 2014
March 25th 2014
Gillian
Sep 14, 2012 Gillian marked it as to-read
Shelves: bought
So excited that this book is FINALLY coming out!!!!
Fatima Dobbs
Jan 28, 2014 Fatima Dobbs marked it as to-read
I just RE-read the series... Can't wait for this book to release!!
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
should've know December would be too good to be true esp with all the prior release date changes!

do you think March 25, 2014 will stick??

11/11 update...nope March is NOT sticking. it's being pushed back at least two more months. :(
Regina
Now available for pre-order! Its time to start re-reading this series and to finally finish An Echo in the Bone.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
PREORDERED HARDCOVER!!!!

Dianna
Dec 12, 2011 Dianna marked it as to-read
CAN'T WAIT. (!!!) Will certainly have to have a reread of the series here soon!
Stephanie Tomlin
Oct 01, 2012 Stephanie Tomlin marked it as to-read
waiting for it to be published - hurry hurry HURRY!!
Lupdilup Duffy
Jun 03, 2012 Lupdilup Duffy marked it as to-read
Is it the end of 2012 already??? I can't wait!!
Are you re-reading the series? 13 90 Jan 10, 2014 03:41PM
How long do you think this series will go? 1 52 Sep 07, 2013 12:10PM
The Book Addicts!: Written in My Own Heart's Blood 3 96 Jun 13, 2012 09:51AM
release date? 2 74 Feb 19, 2012 07:34AM
  • Untitled (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Rules for a Proper Governess (Highland Pleasures, #7)
  • Burned (Dani O'Malley, #2; Fever, #7)
  • The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3)
  • The Mark of the Midnight Manzanilla (Pink Carnation, #11)
  • Blue Bells of Scotland (Blue Bells Trilogy, #1)
  • Highland Ever After (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #3)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
  • The Kraken King  (Iron Seas, #4)
  • The Collector
  • Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6)
  • Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3)
  • Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires, #10)
  • Brown-Eyed Girl (Travises, #4)
  • Untitled (Alex Craft, #5)
  • The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires, #1)
  • The King's Curse (The Cousins' War, #6)
Diana Jean Gabaldon Watkins grew up in Flagstaff, Arizona and is of Mexican-American and English descent. She has earned three degrees: a B.S. in Zoology, a M.S. in Marine Biology, and a Ph.D in Ecology.

She currently lives in Scottsdale, Arizona .
More about Diana Gabaldon...
Outlander (Outlander, #1) Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2) Voyager (Outlander, #3) Drums of Autumn (Outlander, #4) The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5)

“…but Sassenach—I am the true home of your heart, and I know that.”

He lifted my hands to his mouth and kissed my upturned palms, one and then the other, his breath warm and his beard-stubble soft on my fingers.

“I have loved others, and I do love many, Sassenach—but you alone hold all my heart, whole in your hands,” he said softly. “And you know that.”
20 likes