Start by marking “The Art of Flourishing: A New East-West Approach to Staying Sane and Finding Love in an Insane World” as Want to Read:

We all want more love in our lives, especially when the world requires more from us every day. Lasting intimacy—a close and enduring relationship with someone we love who cherishes us—is an indispensable source of strength, resilience, and hope, one that we especially turn to in challenging times. But too often being in an intimate relationship means we have to compromise— ...more
Published June 7th 2011 by Harmony

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Flourishing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Flourishing

Lucinda
May 10, 2011 Lucinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Despite the title which may sound right for the spiritual or self-help reader, this is a book for anyone interested in modern psychology, and combines new and thoroughly researched disciplines for taking care of ourselves. "Flourishing," author Dr. Jeffrey Rubin says, is the new "happiness." I couldn't agree more. It's all about finding balance, particularly in relationships, or creating that self-flourishing that leads to finding the right significant other.

Highly recommended for young and old,
Aimee
Aug 16, 2011 Aimee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This book has some interesting ideas of how to use yoga, deep breathing, and meditation in our lives to help us to flourish and lead happier, more fulfilling lives. I enjoyed the first part of the book a lot, but the last section focused a lot on marriages in trouble and gave lots of case studies of married couples and their problems that I found rather boring. I would have enjoyed the book more if stayed with the theme of what we can do as individuals to be happier, I did not need a look at mar ...more
J. Ewbank
Aug 02, 2011 J. Ewbank rated it liked it
This book by Jeffrey Rubin was a good and fairly easy read for a book written by person in the field of psychology. It shows a wide range of philosophy and psychology understanding of man's ills. This presentation gives us many ways to work on building good and better relationships. It is well worth the read and I enjoyed it.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Cristina Gutierrez
Some interesting/good points, but very repetitive.
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
This book was not my type of book. I'm not into this type of mystical, psychotherapy stuff. However, the book is well-written and should appeal to those interested in this subject.
Kristen
Jun 22, 2011 Kristen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I enjoyed that the book was based a in psychology, which I find to be a fascinating topic. I did enjoy reading it, but I don't know how much of it I can apply to my life.
Valerie
Jul 06, 2014 Valerie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not my type of book. Just did not grip me. The ideas did not hold my attention. I can tell as I did not desire to take any notes.
Deborah
The concept is good and it's a pretty good book. Was too basic for me, though, and didn't hold my attention.
Kristina Franken
I highly recommend this book for anyone

FTC: I received a free copy of this book and was not reimbursed in any other way.
Kelly
Jun 24, 2011 Kelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, 2011, first-reads
For me this book couldn't of come my way any sooner, the writing style
is very accessible and easy to adapt to one's life. I connected strongly
with chapter 3 in the book.
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Roxane Walsh
Roxane Walsh rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
CindyLou Who
CindyLou Who rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013
Re
Re rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Maria Sliwa
Maria Sliwa rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2017
Val
Val rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2016
Laurie
Laurie rated it it was ok
Sep 13, 2014
Alice
Alice rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2011
Juliana
Juliana rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2015
Renee
Renee rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Ron Pratt
Ron Pratt rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2011
Zephyrus White
Zephyrus White rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Dee Bibb
Dee Bibb rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2011
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
May 17, 2015
Jack Young
Jack Young rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2016