Start by marking “Alpha's Mate (Denver Pack, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Alpha's Mate

Jana Leigh

Alpha's Mate (Denver Pack #1)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  372 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Cami had never dreamed there was Werewolf's until she is told she is the Alpha's mate. Then just when she thought she could deal with it, she finds out she has two mates.
Quin had moved to Denver to establish a pack. He figured he would never find his mate,unless he wentback home, but when he finds Cami everything should be perfect. Someone should have told the Rogue wolfs.
Published May 30th 2011 by CreateSpace (first published January 8th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Alpha's Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alpha's Mate

Judith
Probably not the best paranormal, wolf-shifter novella I have ever encountered, but that being said, it is still a very readable tale that involves an Alpha who has come from France to set up a pack in the Denver area and who is despairing at ever finding his mate. Obviously, the point of the story is that he does indeed find her--a woman who wants Quin (the Alpha) to continue honoring her lease agreement with the former owners of a building Quin's Pack has just purchased. It is when he meets he ...more
Rebecca Warner
I really enjoyed this story.

Cami has been on her own since she was 16 and her mother kicked her out of her home. Since then all she has ever wanted was to own a bookstore. If her mother didn't love her who would. She's worked hard and saved and now is the time, but the store she has leased has been sold and her lease is in jeopardy.
Deedee
I tend not to read a lot MFM/MM romance books. But i couldn't help myself with this one. it was a decent read for such a short story. I don't know i may read more in the series to follow where the author is trying to go with this.

Story:
All Cami wanted to do was see her dream of opening up a book store come true. Now she has deal to with two alpha males claiming she's their mate. Thrust into a world she didn't know existed, She must somehow figure out how to make not only her dreams come true bu
Lorena
Tonileg
This is the first book in a wolf-shifter finds a mate fantasy romance story set in Denver.
Quin has been in America about ten years and has been organizing the American branch of wolf shifters when he meets his mate randomly one day when this story start out. But before they can 'mate bond' Quin's best friend from childhood, Jaden is sent from Europe to help fight a pack of rogue wolves in the neighborhood that is attacking randomly. Then Jaden also has the bonding instinct to Cami, so they make
Carrie
I liked it. It was a really cute story. Two thing I wish it had, I wish it was a bit longer and that the conflict was more drawn out towards the end. It just seemed a bit too quickly wrapped up in my opinion with the conflict and the happy ending but other than that it was good way to pass the afternoon with.
Marie
I was given a copy of this book.

What did I like?
This was a good introduction to a new world of shifters. It was light on drama and conflict.

Would I recommend this to a friend?
I'm looking forward to more in the series.
Pati
This is badly in need of a good editor. It repeats things over and over again, has many grammar mistakes, tense mistakes as well as just plain storyline mistakes such as .... we're told the alpha can communicate telepathically yet he needs to send his enforcers house to house to explain new procedures?! and.... met yesterday yet saying "a few days ago"....and... dinner not kept warm but taken from the fridge directly to the table. These are all things that a good editor would have caught and bro ...more
Ayune01
i dont understand the plot. the whole hoo haaa.
not good in giving clear pictures.

the entire Denver Pack series i delete from my tablet. sayonara!

Gigi Readus
errors: grammer, POV, transitions
ValerieC

I like the premise for the series, so I will maybe read it all. Lots of short books in this series (lots to buy) make me wonder why they weren't combined into fewer books.

Did not like the h, Cami, who sounds like a truck driver every time she opens her mouth, while the guys don't. Minus 1 star for Cami.

The dialogue is terrible. People use contractions when they speak to each other! This sounded like robot-speak! Minus 1.5 stars.

SassySami
This story was decent, but the book had a LOT of grammatical errors that made it difficult to read. I also found some of the dialogue to be rushed, and I had trouble believing the flow of the story in places. The ending was also a bit rushed, in several ways. Actually, as I write, I'm realizing that I should probably only give it two stars instead of three. Pity, really, because a good beta reader and/or editor would have made a load of difference.
D Thomas
Alpha's Mate
Denver Pack (Book 1)
by Jana Leigh

This is a very compact review. For some reason I just can't seem to pull what I want to say out of my head. I may update at a later date.

Alpha's Mate is a fast paced, yet fulfilling read for a short story. There is action, lots of lovin, intriguing mystery (can that be put together?), and attempted murder. This read had plenty to keep me reading and looking forward to the next book(s).
Clarke
The book starts off really nicely giving details about the would including the culture. It goes down hill quickly... I didn't care for the authors writing style when it came to dialogue (the word painful comes to mind). The "bad guy" comes a bit out of no where and the constant "you're so great" of the h got old quick.
Lisa Zetouna
Great short read! If you enjoy werewolves series, this is a a great series to read! I loved how a woman came from nothing and a troubled past, to a strong willed, well educated life determined to follow her dreams. While fate blessed her with two loving mates that would do anything for her! A true Alpha in her own right!!
Rita
This was ok. I was interested in the beginning, but then he finds Cami. Lame at first. It could have been better. Once again the relationship didn't feel real. It did get better toward the end. This felt rushed like the author was only given 88 pages to her point across. Hopefully, the next one will be better.
Emmy
It was ok... Didn't really feel like it meshed well with some aspects of the story the main characters just fell happily into place there didn't seem to be any real adjustments between them. I think if the book was longer Cami, Quin and Jaden's story could have had a bit more depth.
Denise
I really liked this story. Yes, it did seem that things went too smooth with Cami accepting the truth, but it worked really well with the story line. I love the characters. The story itself was well written. I would love to follow this series. A must add to you tbr list. Recommended
Tia
Not the best story ever but it was certainly 'cute'. I can't say much more than that to be honest. I usually love werewolf tales if they are great but this one just seemed a little too novella and naive to me.
Angie Cox
First book in the series and there was a fair share of head hopping (which gets much better as the series goes on)but it was easy to follow. Great book and series. Highly rec
Kathy Harrington
It had a decent story line and I loved the MFM and MM sex, but the excitement that I felt should have been there felt lacking. I couldn't feel the heat between them.
Lynnette Hartwig
Although I really enjoyed this book I was extremely disappointed in the spelling and grammar error. I really think the editors needto pay better attention.
Tara
Awesome First book!! I loved it!!!
Gail Mitchell
Gail Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Nataly Daas
Nataly Daas marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Bluerose
Bluerose marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Lee Kemp
Lee Kemp marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
  • Insatiable (Luecross Wolves, #2)
  • Big Bad Alpha (The Ashland Pack, #2)
  • The Favour (Corporate Wolves, #1)
  • Panthers' Prey (Black Panthers #1)
  • Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
  • Trapped Between Two Alphas
  • Wolf at the Door (Salvation Pack, #1)
  • A Mating Dance (Ashwood Falls, #2)
  • Tigress for Two (Alaskan Tigers #3)
  • Fire and Ice (Triple Trouble, #0.7)
  • Once Bitten (Spellbound Moon, #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Seduced by the Moon (Moonlight Shifters, #1)
  • Task Force One: Dani's Got a Gun (The Men of Five-0, #4)
  • Training Their Mate (Pack Wars, #1)
  • Alpha's Truth (Fallen Alpha, #2)
  • Rane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #2)
  • No Way Out (TREX, #3)

Denver Pack (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Tey's White Wolf (Denver Pack, #2)
  • Devon: The Beta's Double Trouble (Denver Pack, #3)
  • Cloe: Two for the Bite of One (Denver Pack, #4)
  • Reggie: Changing a Wolf's Heart (Denver Pack, #5)
  • Blaine: A Wolf's Second Sight (Denver Pack, #6)
  • Lacy:  Seeing Double (Denver Pack, #7)
  • Jordan's Misunderstanding (Denver Pack, #8)
  • Trinity:  Heart of the Shifters (Denver Pack, #9)
  • Argus:  Accepting the Challenge (Denver Pack, #10)
  • Trace: Following Your Destiny (Denver Pack, #11)
Tey's White Wolf (Denver Pack, #2) Devon: The Beta's Double Trouble (Denver Pack, #3) Reggie: Changing a Wolf's Heart (Denver Pack, #5) Cloe: Two for the Bite of One (Denver Pack, #4) Blaine: A Wolf's Second Sight (Denver Pack, #6)