Gainesville Ripper

Gainesville Ripper

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Terrorized by an unknown serial killer, the students at the University of Florida lived in fear. He struck with the speed and force of a savage predator, torturing, raping and carving up each of his five victims. Kyzuk takes readers behind the scenes of the most sickening killings of this century--crimes so heinous they left a community shaken to its core.
Published July 15th 1995 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Gainesville Ripper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gainesville Ripper

♥ Marlene♥
on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 I wrote...

Well I finished it. I agree with you kafka, it was a very detailed book although some times to detailed, especially in the beginning. I enjoyed the book more when we started to learn more about Danny Rolling and his family.
Also enjoyed reading the appendix which contained the testimonies for instance by the mother of rolling.
But I do think the writer could have shortened the book a bit. It felt like she was repeating herself, especially about the days of th...more
Chris Demer
This true crime saga is quite well-written and unusually gripping.

The brutal murders of 5 University of Florida students occur over one weekend in the beginning of the school year in 1990. The killer has mutilated the bodies and there are no suspects. The city of Gainesville takes on a sinister feel. The students are justifiably terrified.

The writer deftly traces the movements of the killer and the victims that ultimately and tragically intercept. She crafts extensive portraits of the victims,...more
Mscharlee
Jun 18, 2007 Mscharlee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: True Crime enthusiasts
Scared the crap outta me! Great book. Really dug deep into the killer's sad past and what got him where he was. I seriously sympathized with him. Riveting.
Adrian Phoenix
This one haunted me. Heartbreaking, and the first true crime book that spent as much time on the lives of the victims as on their killer.
Emily
Jan 06, 2009 Emily added it
I had to make myself stop reading this book one night and finish it during daylight hours, it creeped me out so much!!
Peter
Well researched, tons of detail and background.
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Suzie Flohr
Suzie Flohr marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Kim Hampton
Kim Hampton marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2013
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2013
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Lindsay White
Lindsay White marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
Tony Petry
Tony Petry marked it as to-read
May 25, 2013
Peter
Peter added it
Apr 25, 2013
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2013
Bethea Creed
Bethea Creed marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Marie
Marie added it
Feb 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Thou Shalt Not Kill Shattered Innocence, Shattered Dreams The Fires Within: The Summer of '88 Circle Repertory Company-89