Start by marking “Gainesville Ripper” as Want to Read:
Gainesville Ripper

Gainesville Ripper

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Recounts the search for and trial of a serial killer who targeted on- and off-campus residents at the University of Florida, and describes in vivid detail how he tortured and mutilated his victims as a means of taunting the police. Reprint.
Published July 15th 1995 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Gainesville Ripper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gainesville Ripper

♥ Marlene♥
on Wednesday, April 21, 2004 I wrote...

Well I finished it. I agree with you kafka, it was a very detailed book although some times to detailed, especially in the beginning. I enjoyed the book more when we started to learn more about Danny Rolling and his family.
Also enjoyed reading the appendix which contained the testimonies for instance by the mother of rolling.
But I do think the writer could have shortened the book a bit. It felt like she was repeating herself, especially about the days of th
Chris Demer
This true crime saga is quite well-written and unusually gripping.

The brutal murders of 5 University of Florida students occur over one weekend in the beginning of the school year in 1990. The killer has mutilated the bodies and there are no suspects. The city of Gainesville takes on a sinister feel. The students are justifiably terrified.

The writer deftly traces the movements of the killer and the victims that ultimately and tragically intercept. She crafts extensive portraits of the victims,
Jun 18, 2007 Mscharlee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: True Crime enthusiasts
Scared the crap outta me! Great book. Really dug deep into the killer's sad past and what got him where he was. I seriously sympathized with him. Riveting.
Adrian Phoenix
This one haunted me. Heartbreaking, and the first true crime book that spent as much time on the lives of the victims as on their killer.
Jan 06, 2009 Emily added it
I had to make myself stop reading this book one night and finish it during daylight hours, it creeped me out so much!!
Well researched, tons of detail and background.
Candace Hillier
Candace Hillier marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Mike Mitchell
Mike Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Irmina marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Shannon marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Stormie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Whitney Schleyhahn
Whitney Schleyhahn marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Suzie Flohr
Suzie Flohr marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Thou Shalt Not Kill Shattered Innocence, Shattered Dreams The Fires Within: The Summer of '88 Circle Repertory Company-89