Start by marking “How could my husband be GAY?” as Want to Read:
How could my husband be GAY?

How could my husband be GAY?

Award winning title, How could my husband be GAY?, is an autobiographical look into the life of Ondrea L. Davis. On the outside, Ondrea's life is nothing short of a fairy tale. She has a dream home, the perfect husband and three beautiful children. Ondrea soon discovers that her husband, Marceous King, is not the man she thought she married.

Exhausting all efforts to salva
Kindle Edition
Published 2011 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about How could my husband be GAY?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How could my husband be GAY?

Juanesia
Oct 10, 2012 Juanesia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

A book filled w/so many emotions & so much more than a husband being gay. I'm so glad that I was recommended this book. In my opinion this is a classic that so many will talk about. I'm sure that this book would be an amazing book discussion. I definitely need this in my paperback collection to share. An amazing literary piece.
OOSA
Aug 28, 2011 OOSA rated it really liked it
Is he?

“How Could My Husband Be GAY!” is an autobiography about the life of Ondrea and Marceous King. I must say that this book took me on an emotional roller coaster. At one point I was really calm, but then I found myself highly upset and talking to the characters of the story.

The first sign of an issue was on the big day. Ondrea’s family did not approve of Marceous but supported her decision to marry him in spite of their reservations because she was determined to marry him. The wedding day, a
Sistar Tea
Nov 27, 2011 Sistar Tea rated it really liked it
Merceous made me pimp slap him

This was my first autobiographical read. I like the way it read like a fiction novel and not like the typical autobiography. A decent read although something was missing that keep it from being a "wow” book . I can’t put my finger on what was missing. I wasn't very pleased that the title didn't match story. Seems the play on the title was more of attention grabber then to do with actual story. The timeline of the story wasn't always clear and there were characters t
Alejandro Canton-Dutari
"How could my husband be gay" by Ondrea L. Davis and J'son Lee
Reviewed by Alex Canton-Dutari
This book has an important sociological value as it covers the relationship between abuser and abused within a marriage.
Though I do not follow the School of Psychoanalysis the case is well diagnosed: "The real reason why this marriage is not w...orking…[is] because you are still sucking on your mother's breast." The husband grew up following a script: Suck on mother's breast while destroying the wife's br
J.L. Whitehead
Jan 17, 2012 J.L. Whitehead rated it really liked it

Over the years, the literary community have been peppered with stories that address the “DL” (or down low) issue. The topic has been the center of controversy in many communities; popping up repeatedly on talk shows and radio programs. I’ve seen the damage that’s caused when men aren’t allowed to be who they are but instead, forced to live a lie until lives are ruined, trust is demolished and everyone has to pick up the pieces from the smoldering rubble in the hopes of starting all over again.
Brownstone  Book Club
When I read the title “How Could My Husband Be Gay?” I was intrigued as it drew me in and I couldn't wait to start reading this book. I am what most would call an avid reader and once I got started, this was a very quick read for me. Overall I would say it took me about three hours to read this book in it's entirety.

I commend Ms. Davis strength and candidness in being able to share her experience, her journey if you will through what I saw as more of a mentally abusive marriage than that of a hu
Thedaringshow
Oct 23, 2011 Thedaringshow rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As submitted to Writer's Vibe Magazine
One thing I must say about this book is that no matter how positive the book was for me at the beginning, I was mad as hell for 3/4 of it. I mean literally frustrated with the author and the secondary character.

This memoir or autobiography so to speak has shown something in the main character Ondrea L. Davis that most books of the same genre do not, and that is, weakness.

The author has brought to life and on paper her hindsight and introspection in an effort
S.E. Nelson
Oct 17, 2012 S.E. Nelson rated it it was amazing
Based on the storyline alone, this is one of the most gut-wrenching books I have read this year. The fact that this story happens to be true makes it even more compelling. Ondrea does a fantastic job of taking the reader through her story as it unfolds from a beautiful childhood to a virtual nightmare a few years into her marriage. Marceous is a mama's boy with a strange and controlling mother, and Ondrea sees the warning signs but she also makes the reader understand that she felt she could dea ...more
Valerie
Mar 25, 2014 Valerie rated it liked it
While I enjoyed this book, I felt indifferent about it. First, I bought the book because of the title, it caught my interest but I thought it was a little misleading. Although the husband turned out to be gay, it was only revealed in the last few pages. The title made me think the book would focus on more issues that dealt with or revealed the husband's lifestyle. The things he was doing and the way he was treating his wife could have been done by any man - straight or gay. But overall it was an ...more
Readers In Motion
Dec 08, 2011 Readers In Motion rated it it was amazing
Society's skewed views on Homosexuality causes those who would undoubtedly live freely and happily, to hide and live a life full of secrets. These secrets are not your normal every day secrets, but those that affect everyone involved.

Living the fairytale every little girl dreams of, Ondrea quickly finds out that happiness is lik...e those palaces in fairytales whose gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it.

How Could My Husband be Gay is an autobiographical account of On
Tremayne Moore
Jul 23, 2012 Tremayne Moore rated it it was amazing
From the title, I had a slight perspective of how the book was going to be. As I dived into the first two chapters, I was hooked and couldn't put the book down. In fact, I read the entire book in a few hours. Two thoughts were going through my mind as I read the book:
1. You Can't Hide From Yourself
2. HOT MESS! (and that was going to be my alternate title)

Yes, this book is a hot mess (in a positive way). Sadly, this is a truth that we face in our culture. People are living their lives full of lie
Terri
Dec 31, 2011 Terri rated it it was amazing
This was a great read. I was able to connect with the author as I read about her personal struggle with a failing marriage. Ondrea did an excellent job taking us through her personal journey and all of the ups and downs. Based on the title you knew what the underlying issue was in the marriage and I was a little disappointed that it was revealed in such a nonchalant manner. It received an honorable mention towards the end of the book. I applaud Ondrea for sharing such personal issues with us all ...more
Tasha
Aug 19, 2012 Tasha rated it really liked it
Ondrea shows a different side of divorce in this tale of deception, betrayal, abuse, and mistreatment. While it can sometimes seems that walking out is the easy thing to do, reading the actions of Marcelous and his family as Ondrea fights to live a life pleasing in the eyes of God is a reminder that we are expected to walk in faith. That being said, I struggle with pastors who want to push togetherness where all of the signs show there is a lack of health in the home. This book comes across as p ...more
Yvonne Bailey
Sep 04, 2016 Yvonne Bailey rated it liked it
I would be in jail!

So many emotions ran through me as I was reading this. Why didn't she leave? She should have shot him? She should have kicked his Momma's butt and dared the sister to even breath. All of these questions are valid and I'm sure easier said than done. If I have to question How Could My Husband Be Gay the. Guess what...He's gay!! I would love to read about how she has moved forward, how are the children and what her life looks like now.
Winter
Jan 18, 2012 Winter rated it really liked it
This book was GOOD ,This is how I can explain better in my words about a book being good or bad.If its excellent I will not erase it from my kindle,if its good I will read the book without skipping chapters and pages,if it is terrible I skip through basically the whole book .With this one it was GOOD ,SO i GUESS IT HELD MY ATTENTION LONG ENOUGH NOT TO SKIP ANY CHAPTERS ,BUT I DID ERASE IT IMMEDIATLY AFTER!
Karen
Apr 21, 2016 Karen added it

Awesome autobiographical look into Ondrea Davis life! Ondrea wanted to have a good marriage like her parents. Ondrea married Marceous King and they had three children. Ondrea started to have weird feelings about her husband and his crazy family, something did not feel right. Marrying Marceous was the biggest mistake of her life. Good read!!!

Victorious Ladies Reading
Reign*
Jan 02, 2012 Reign* rated it really liked it
This book catalogue the journey of a couple's growth from youthful naivety to seasoned adults. It was an emotional read for me and up until I got to "Fast Forward" I enjoyed the ride.
K Nikki  Waden
Dec 11, 2011 K Nikki Waden rated it really liked it
This was a really good book,so sad the way everything transpired..Would recommend this book
Edwina Putney
Edwina Putney rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2013
La Tisha
La Tisha rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Monique Jackson
Monique Jackson rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2012
Toni
Toni rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Lori Reid
Lori Reid rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2016
Sofie
Sofie rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2011
A'ndrea Wilson
A'ndrea Wilson rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Benita
Benita rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Danielle Hall
Apr 15, 2017 Danielle Hall rated it it was amazing
Great read! This captivating, transparent read takes you on a journey of discovery.
Cheryl Henson
Cheryl Henson rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2014
Caprina
Caprina rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2013