Start by marking “The Brazilian Healer with the Kitchen Knife: And Other Stories of Mystics, Shamans, and Miracle-Makers” as Want to Read:

Moved by her own struggle to recover from breast cancer, Sandy Johnson explores with curiosity and a measure of healthy skepticism the work of healers, miracle-makers, and transformers of the mind, body, and soul. She travels the world-- from a beachside compound in Hawaii to a remote village in Brazil-- to meet face-to-face with the most acclaimed healers. She often ...more
Published July 4th 2003 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about The Brazilian Healer with the Kitchen Knife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Brazilian Healer with the Kitchen Knife

Connie  Kuntz
Oct 30, 2009 Connie Kuntz rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People who are building their health arsenals
Recommended to Connie by: I selected it because of my new job
I believe in spiritism, but have always felt locked inside Western Medicine and the Catholic religion. (I am not blaming Western Medicine or Catholicism for my insecurities, I am merely explaining how my clock ticks.) Up until this book, I have been trying to either break free from said entities or fully embrace them. This book taught me that I can still work within those realms and approach mysticism and philosophy in a harmonious fashion.

I learned that talking about my fears, considering the
Judy
Feb 07, 2011 Judy rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
interesting, if you believe it...
Nancy
Nov 13, 2013 Nancy rated it really liked it
I picked this book off of the shelf at random and was pleasantly surprised. I have read books before like this but they were more lectures on their version of the only way to live life. This author did not lecture, she allowed the reader to glimpse her own curiosity, insecurity, and faith which lessoned my own skepticism. It was a good read.
Polly Trout
Polly Trout rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2011
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2016
Harry
Harry rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2014
Darlene Adler
Darlene Adler rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Denonboquist
Denonboquist rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Cynthia Larson
Cynthia Larson rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Anri
Anri rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2012
Ileana
Ileana rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2012
Christo
Christo rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Karen Atencio
Karen Atencio rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Bj
Bj rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Monica Hess
Monica Hess rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2008
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2008
Sandy Johnson
Aug 30, 2011 Sandy Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cindy Rutherfurd
Cindy Rutherfurd rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Jane Greenbaum
Jane Greenbaum rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2014
Ioanna
Ioanna rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 09, 2010
Melanie Henry
Melanie Henry marked it as to-read
May 20, 2011
Destiny Lopez
Destiny Lopez marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2011
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2011
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Cindy Lopez
Cindy Lopez marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Amanda Beck
Amanda Beck marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2016
Sandy Johnson attended the University of Pennsylvania, CIDOC in Cuernavaca, Mexico, and the New School for Social Research in New York City. She studied acting at the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York and at the Lee Strasberg Studio in Los Angeles.

As an actress, Johnson appeared in numerous regional stage productions, various TV episodes, soap operas and appearances in feature films Ash Wednesday
More about Sandy Johnson...