Start by marking “Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)

Invisible Justice (Justice #1)

Book #1 in a series about teenagers that were tampered with as babies - injected with a combination of drugs that were designed to leave them with super abilities. Over time the teens start to find each other, form a team, and search for answers and the man who did this to them. Likened by readers to X-Men and Heroes, Invisible Justice is a contemporary take on teenage ...more
Published (first published May 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Justice

Mike
At the core of this book is a competently-told story with some likeable characters. Unfortunately, there are issues, both with the editing (relatively easily fixed, though there are so many errors it would be a lot of work), and with elements that are convenient for the story but not, to me, believable.

Language issues first. One of the most reliable ways I know to spot a book that's been professionally edited is that it will consistently have commas before terms of address: "As you know, Bob", "
James
Jul 28, 2011 James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually give a book 20 to 25 pages to get me interested in the story, but this book just grabbed me with the very first page. It jumps right into the adventure. No warm up or lead in to the main characters, Sam, his sister, Lexi, and there new friend Leesha. The three teenagers who were “tampered” with as infants, and 17 years later are having side effects to the tampering. While dealing with the side effects, they are also trying to find who tampered with them and why. Along the way they run ...more
Tammy K.
This book was chosen as the BOTM for the goodreads group Pro-Active Destruction which is why I choose to read it.
It was written from the view point of a 17 year old boy named Sam. A lot of the content focused on Sam's teenage life: What will mom and dad think? His thoughts on "homework", sibling bantering and so on. It times I was utterly bored with this story, having to force myself to read on.
Yet there is another side to this book buried deep behind the teenage angst. A side of mystery which t
Lori
Mar 06, 2014 Lori rated it it was amazing
Interesting read

I enjoyed this book . kinda of a mystery but not. 3 teenagers with powers they acquire when their growth stops. all different. A Dr who is deranged with a god complex tracking them because he infected them when they were born for what he thinks will be his personal supernatural army. it goes quit the other way as the kids group together and become more of super hero types as their digging into their births and anyone involved in this project they were born I to.
it turns out to be
Netanella
So, I'm giving this 2 stars because I literally felt that "it was okay." Like tepid water, neither too hot nor too cold. However, it was not just right; it did nothing for me. I kept waiting for something to happen, and as much as I enjoyed the story of teenaged Sam, Lexi, Leesha, and Clint, there was something missing.

The teenagers in the book share a birthday at the same hospital, where something happened to them that made them develop super-powers now as teenagerss. Sam has supersenses, Leesh
Doug
Nov 12, 2012 Doug rated it it was amazing
When a group of four teens find they share more than just a birthday they start to ask questions. What is happening and who is responsible ? This quick read had me hooked from the get-go. As Leesha, Sam, Clint, and Lexi start to peel back the layers of the onion, they discover newly-found abilities that leave a dark trail. Will they discover the origin of their super abilities ? And just how far will the 'mad scientist' behind them go to use them for his own purposes ? Invisible Justice is a ...more
Traci
Aug 06, 2012 Traci rated it it was amazing
I finished reading "Invisible Justice" two days ago, then immediately bought the sequel "Brute Justice". I've seem a few reviews here that mention strong language, and I'm wondering if there was an earlier edition that had been edited - I didn't see a foul word anywhere. Instead, I found many, many fine words - the story began with an intense scene, and before I knew it, I was swept away. While I'm a fan of the action hero genre, I was initially concerned that it would be the same old, same old ...more
Jean
Jan 19, 2012 Jean rated it really liked it
A group of newborn babies all born on the same day in the same hospital are injected with various drugs as part of a madman's experiment. As these babies mature and complete their growth as young adolescents, they experience strange flashes and each develop an unbelievable skill--reading minds, invisibility, etc. The teens discover each other and their extraordinary skills. This is the start of the story as they try to determine what caused their flashes and who is behind them. Certainly, a page ...more
Rasma
Sep 23, 2013 Rasma rated it really liked it
Sharon
Feb 22, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it
Really really enjoyed this. If I was to explain what happened I wouldn't say much more than the book description tells you, but the way the story unfolds is so pleasant that I just kept going. Also the characters are likeable but not perfect, and easy to empathise with. Plus, who hasn't imagined what it would be like to have a super power? I'll be starting on the next book soon I'm sure.
Emily
Nov 15, 2012 Emily rated it really liked it
Great! Bought this cheap on the kindle, not sure what is what going to be about, but fell in love with the characters immediately. I don't know what age rating this is supposed to be, but being 14, I personally found it very easy to read. Everyone should give this a go!
Jen
Jan 10, 2012 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
Really interesting idea, but the characters are all too fluffy and nice (with the exception of the big mean bad guys). Their interactions were really unbeleivable. Where are their human sides? Maybe this was suppossed to be just for kids?
Chez Nash
Aug 06, 2013 Chez Nash rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The characters journey of discovery of there new powers and history as they try to find the cause of their powers is really good.
Daniel
Sep 14, 2011 Daniel rated it liked it
Invisible Justice came off as a pretty enjoyable read for me...some what predictable in parts...but enjoyable none the less. Think of a YA version of X-Men.
Audrey Grant
Oct 30, 2011 Audrey Grant rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book
Kind of syfy for teens. Kind of a medical mystery. A little bit X-menish... If it is free I might read the next one to see how the series turns out. I like that it is clean.
Nathan
Nathan rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Jessica Macri
Jessica Macri rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2014
Garet
Garet rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2015
Jase
Jase rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Kymberlee
Kymberlee rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2012
Andy Dossel
Andy Dossel rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2011
Lola Aguilar-Estrada
Lola Aguilar-Estrada rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Abdel
Abdel rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2015
Shara
Shara rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2014
Randy Brown
Randy Brown rated it really liked it
May 17, 2014
Kevin Brown
Kevin Brown rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2014
Fil
Fil rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2015
Darlene
Darlene rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
  • Shadow Games (Shadow People, #1)
  • The Venom of Vipers
  • Quinn, a Vampire Watcher's Story (Royal Blood Chronicles, #0.5)
  • The Gods of Dream
  • The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga, #1)
  • Mortal Ghost
  • Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery  (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #1)
  • The Witch's Ladder (Tony Marcella Mystery, #1)
  • Draugr (Northern Frights, #1)
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Vampires in Devil Town (Vampires in Devil Town, #1)
  • Lux 1.1: Seeds (Lux, #1)
  • Fall Girl
  • The Crimson-Eyed Dragon
  • What the Dead Fear
  • Reining In (The Network, #1)
  • Night's Knights
  • Saying Goodbye to the Sun
I'm a marketing executive and have worked in advertising, marketing and public relations for over fifteen years now - both at the corporate level and also in the agency arena. It has always been a goal of mine to take my writing skills from press releases and ad copy to another level - novel work. My first novel, Invisible Justice, was inspired by a dream in early 2009 and was completed that ...more
More about Kim Jewell...

Justice (2 books)
  • Brute Justice (Justice, #2)