Start by marking “Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)

Invisible Justice (Justice #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Book #1 in a series about teenagers that were tampered with as babies - injected with a combination of drugs that were designed to leave them with super abilities. Over time the teens start to find each other, form a team, and search for answers and the man who did this to them. Likened by readers to X-Men and Heroes, Invisible Justice is a contemporary take on teenage sup ...more
Published (first published May 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Invisible Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invisible Justice

At the core of this book is a competently-told story with some likeable characters. Unfortunately, there are issues, both with the editing (relatively easily fixed, though there are so many errors it would be a lot of work), and with elements that are convenient for the story but not, to me, believable.

Language issues first. One of the most reliable ways I know to spot a book that's been professionally edited is that it will consistently have commas before terms of address: "As you know, Bob", "
I usually give a book 20 to 25 pages to get me interested in the story, but this book just grabbed me with the very first page. It jumps right into the adventure. No warm up or lead in to the main characters, Sam, his sister, Lexi, and there new friend Leesha. The three teenagers who were “tampered” with as infants, and 17 years later are having side effects to the tampering. While dealing with the side effects, they are also trying to find who tampered with them and why. Along the way they run ...more
Tammy K.
This book was chosen as the BOTM for the goodreads group Pro-Active Destruction which is why I choose to read it.
It was written from the view point of a 17 year old boy named Sam. A lot of the content focused on Sam's teenage life: What will mom and dad think? His thoughts on "homework", sibling bantering and so on. It times I was utterly bored with this story, having to force myself to read on.
Yet there is another side to this book buried deep behind the teenage angst. A side of mystery which t
So, I'm giving this 2 stars because I literally felt that "it was okay." Like tepid water, neither too hot nor too cold. However, it was not just right; it did nothing for me. I kept waiting for something to happen, and as much as I enjoyed the story of teenaged Sam, Lexi, Leesha, and Clint, there was something missing.

The teenagers in the book share a birthday at the same hospital, where something happened to them that made them develop super-powers now as teenagerss. Sam has supersenses, Leesh
Interesting read

I enjoyed this book . kinda of a mystery but not. 3 teenagers with powers they acquire when their growth stops. all different. A Dr who is deranged with a god complex tracking them because he infected them when they were born for what he thinks will be his personal supernatural army. it goes quit the other way as the kids group together and become more of super hero types as their digging into their births and anyone involved in this project they were born I to.
it turns out to be
When a group of four teens find they share more than just a birthday they start to ask questions. What is happening and who is responsible ? This quick read had me hooked from the get-go. As Leesha, Sam, Clint, and Lexi start to peel back the layers of the onion, they discover newly-found abilities that leave a dark trail. Will they discover the origin of their super abilities ? And just how far will the 'mad scientist' behind them go to use them for his own purposes ? Invisible Justice is a gre ...more
I finished reading "Invisible Justice" two days ago, then immediately bought the sequel "Brute Justice". I've seem a few reviews here that mention strong language, and I'm wondering if there was an earlier edition that had been edited - I didn't see a foul word anywhere. Instead, I found many, many fine words - the story began with an intense scene, and before I knew it, I was swept away. While I'm a fan of the action hero genre, I was initially concerned that it would be the same old, same old ...more
A group of newborn babies all born on the same day in the same hospital are injected with various drugs as part of a madman's experiment. As these babies mature and complete their growth as young adolescents, they experience strange flashes and each develop an unbelievable skill--reading minds, invisibility, etc. The teens discover each other and their extraordinary skills. This is the start of the story as they try to determine what caused their flashes and who is behind them. Certainly, a page ...more
Really really enjoyed this. If I was to explain what happened I wouldn't say much more than the book description tells you, but the way the story unfolds is so pleasant that I just kept going. Also the characters are likeable but not perfect, and easy to empathise with. Plus, who hasn't imagined what it would be like to have a super power? I'll be starting on the next book soon I'm sure.
Great! Bought this cheap on the kindle, not sure what is what going to be about, but fell in love with the characters immediately. I don't know what age rating this is supposed to be, but being 14, I personally found it very easy to read. Everyone should give this a go!
Really interesting idea, but the characters are all too fluffy and nice (with the exception of the big mean bad guys). Their interactions were really unbeleivable. Where are their human sides? Maybe this was suppossed to be just for kids?
Audrey Grant
Kind of syfy for teens. Kind of a medical mystery. A little bit X-menish... If it is free I might read the next one to see how the series turns out. I like that it is clean.
Invisible Justice came off as a pretty enjoyable read for me...some what predictable in parts...but enjoyable none the less. Think of a YA version of X-Men.
Chez Nash
I really enjoyed this book. The characters journey of discovery of there new powers and history as they try to find the cause of their powers is really good.
4 for content, 3 for execution. certain writing aspects are repetitive and contradictory.
Love this series of books. Hope there will be another one in the series to come out!
Jemima Puddle Duck
I really enjoyed this book and hope to read the next one soon!
predictable and too much profanity
good book, will continue series
A fun read.
A kindle freebie.
Samantha Dragon
Samantha Dragon marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Lorraine V. Holloway
Lorraine V. Holloway marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Priyanka R
Priyanka R marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Sherry marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
  • Shadow Games (Shadow People, #1)
  • Mortal Ghost
  • The Venom of Vipers
  • The Witch's Ladder (Tony Marcella Mystery, #1)
  • The Gods of Dream
  • Beautiful Sins: Leigha Lowery  (The Thaneaddus Chronicles, #1)
  • Quinn, a Vampire Watcher's Story (Royal Blood Chronicles, #0.5)
  • The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga, #1)
  • Lux 1.1: Seeds (Lux, #1)
  • Fall Girl
  • Draugr (Northern Frights, #1)
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • The Making of Legend (Cerebral Network #1)
  • Vampires in Devil Town (Vampires in Devil Town, #1)
  • When Graveyards Yawn (Apocalypse Trilogy #1)
  • The Crimson-Eyed Dragon
  • Revelations (Jane Perry #3)
  • Dark Legacy
I'm a marketing executive and have worked in advertising, marketing and public relations for over fifteen years now - both at the corporate level and also in the agency arena. It has always been a goal of mine to take my writing skills from press releases and ad copy to another level - novel work. My first novel, Invisible Justice, was inspired by a dream in early 2009 and was completed that summe ...more
More about Kim Jewell...

Justice (2 books)
  • Brute Justice (Justice, #2)
Brute Justice (Justice, #2) Misery's Fire After The Pulse After the Pulse From Stress to Success - Faster Emotionally Focused Transformations