Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler

Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  258 ratings  ·  51 reviews
DID HITLER--CODE NAME “GREY WOLF”--REALLY DIE IN 1945?

GRIPPING NEW EVIDENCESHOWS WHATCOULD HAVE HAPPENED…

When Truman asked Stalin in 1945 whether Hitler was dead, Stalin replied bluntly, “No.” As late as 1952, Eisenhower declared: “We have been unable to unearth one bit of tangible evidence of Hitler's death.” What really happened?

Simon Dunstan and Gerrard Williams have co...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Sterling

Clayton
At first I was worried that the author was about to retell the entire second world war. But Simon Dunstan does an excellent job of taking us to the financial structure of the third Reich. This is important because it paints a picture of how Hitler could've escaped Berlin as the Nazi regime was crumbling.

The secret plan to remove the hierarchy of the Third Reich out of Europe and into Argentina was paid for by this secret stash of cash. And the secret money plan funneled gold, art, diamonds and...more
Geevee
The authors have written an engaging book where they provide background and describe key events leading to the climax of the Second World War and the demise of the Third Reich. They present documents, quote sources and interview or discuss people involved with or who have knowledge of the operation to bring Hitler to Argentina and help him live his life in freedom and peace.

The book's subject is of course about Adolf Hitler, but it is Martin Bormann who takes centre stage as we read of his plans...more
Big League Manager
First of all....
This is one of those books in the vein of "Holy Blood Holy Grail", "Chariots of the Gods", Kennedy Assassination and endless Area 51 tell-alls that proposes a far-fetched thesis which is "supported" by distorted or incomplete "fact", faulty logic, supposition and leaps of faith from some slim factoid or silly rumor into pure fiction. The story of Hitler going to Argentina is completely preposterous and actually makes no sense in the light of reality or even simple critical readin...more
Michele
Lost about 75% of credibility when on page 102 the authors wrote that Harry S Truman was from the great state of Arkansas. LOL. He was from the Show Me State-- Missouri FOOLS! And they claim that this book went through an extensive editorial process. If the editors AND the authors couldn't look that fact up on wikipedia.com, what else did they miss??!!
Michael
Don't waste your time.
Evan
As early as 1943, American journalist Drew Pearson was reporting in the popular press that Germany was building a remote postwar hideout for exiled Nazis in the remote regions of south Argentina. Around the same time radio gossip Walter Winchell was reporting the construction of Nazi getaway way-stations in the Canary Islands off Spain.

After the war, FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover took the escape of Hitler and senior Nazis seriously enough to have field reports filed on alleged sightings of the Fuhre...more
Recato Cristiano
If Martin Borman was in charge of Nazi-Germany the outcome of war would be fast different... Or that is what the authors are trying to tell us.

The only reason this book gets a star from me is for new photos that I have not seen before.

If anyone can prove that Hitler really escaped I will change my star rating and eat my hat.
Stuart Clark
Very interesting case that should make one think. Did Hitler real die in the bunker in 1945, or has been "history been written for the victors".

It's worth reading this book if your skeptical, I still can't decide but based on the evidence given it would not be surprising.
Very worth reading.
Luís Castilho
A well documented and interesting book on Hitler's probable escape to Argentina at the end of World War II that sadly lacks focus and accessibility. It quickly looses itself in unimportant details and irrelevant players to the main story st hand: Hitler's escape. I must confess I got truly bored on more than a few chapters. However can as easily see an academic scholar finding this book stellar. All and all a book worth browsing.
Jeff
Shame on me for spending money on this book. The first 150 pages are basically a history of WWII, and flip back-and-forth between years. While the topic of Hitler's escape is interesting, this book is anything but. While reading this book, all I kept thinking was, "When are they going to talk about the escape?"

It read like:

Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah b...more
Judie
Absolutely fascinating. There's a lot of information about World War II and there are moments when I wished there had been less. However, the premise that Adolf Hitler managed to escape to Argentina through the machinations of Martin Bormann is interesting. You decide whether it's truth or fiction. Well worth reading
Roland Bruno
A fascinating proposal. Hitler didn't commit suicide but instead was whisked away at the fall of Berlin and lived a life of exile in Argentina. Taking eye-witness accounts, FBI and CIA reports and following the money trail, the authors make a compelling case that is haunting in its implications.
Dave
Many of the reviewers of this book say the book is a bunch of garbage and that Hitler didn't escape. Maybe he did...maybe he didn't but the premise is interesting.If you like the time period, you should like this book.

And can anyone say with absolute certainty that he didn't escape?
Mimal
Jan 17, 2013 Mimal rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: not bothering with
What a load of crap. Tin-foil-hat-wearing conspiracy theory crap-a-roony to be more exact
Linda
Incredible story although so hard to believe.
Marko Sertic
Well, written book, and fascinating idea.
Louise
Very convincing and highly feasible
Ihsan Duzgun

Denis Vukosav
‘Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler’ written by Simon Dunstan and Gerrard Williams brought an intriguing story of Adolf Hitler's escape after World War II to Argentina, where allegedly he lived and had children, in remote site protected by other Nazi officials, some of them also considered dead, until 1962.

Due to my long lasting interest for World War II literature, I was very intrigued by premise of the book because if this story was proven true it would bring new light on the history we've...more
☯Bettie☯
Coffee/Screen

From that pool of erudite professionalism, The Sun Newspaper:

Co-author Gerrard Williams said: "There is no forensic evidence for his or Eva Braun's death and eyewitness stories about their survival in Argentina are compelling." Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolf Hitler also accuses US intelligence of allowing the dictator to flee in return for access to Nazi war technology.

The book claims the "Hitler skull fragments" held by Russia are actually those of a woman.

Hugo Rodrigues
Bem, embora seja uma teoria bastante plausível e extremamente interessante e pessoalmente sempre me fascinou o facto de nunca ter havido provas concretas sobre o suposto suicídio de Hitler, o livro é chato, em cada capitulo tem partes muito interessantes que são descritas e argumentadas muito bem, um exemplo e o envolvimento do nosso país na guerra, mas o autor perde-se em pormenores que na minha opinião são desnecessários, tipo de munições usadas, matérias primas compradas a X e a Y dinheiro de...more
Neme
Ok, u knjizi se iznose dokazi koji potvrdjuju teoriju o Hitlerovu bijegu i zivotu u Argentini kasnije.
Ipak mi nije ''legla'' potpuno. Na drugim mjestima sam cita puno bolje iznesene podatke i imam osjecaj da je pisana za prosjecnog ''amerikanca''.
Ugl, ne najgora razbibriga.
Diane Vincent
Lot of detail to read and absorb, overall they present a interesting case
Fredrick Danysh
In Grey Wolf, the authors present a convincing case that Adolf Hitler did not commit suicide but escaped to Argentena where he died in 1962. The authors use documents and statements of proported witnesses filling in blanks with conjecture. Discusion of the financing, planning, and execution of Hitler's apparent escape are discussed. While such an escape can not be definately proved or disproved, much circumstanual evidence is provided. I liked the way this work was put together and written altho...more
Matt
First 2 parts of the book needn't be included as it just charts the history and events of the war! The book is about the conspiracy that Hitler escaped to Argentina so a detailed history of key battles is not needed!
The last 2 parts are very interesting as it covers the plan and how it was executed and how much help was received off Peron to cover up off the escaping Nazis. Well worth a read for any1 interested in this sort if thing but the first several chapters can be speed read/skipped!
Mike Kuhnsman
Interesting read. Makes a compelling case that Hitler survived WWII and spent the rest of his years tucked away in Argentina.
Luke
Very interesting book. There is a lot of set-up showing how much wealth the Nazi's amassed (stole) and how proactive and contingently they planned. This is a very good lead-in to the final chapters that actually cover Hitler having escaped to South America and showed me information enough to at least consider the credibility of the claim Hitler did not die in Germany and lived after the war in SA.
Guy
Feb 01, 2013 Guy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ww2
I thought this was going to be a bitof a joke. Half the bok is about Martin Bormann's plans for a Fourth Reich and the secreting of bullion around the world to fund that Reich. The involvement by big business, especially American, in building the industries of the Third Reich is eye opening. Even the 'escape' element has aspects of plausibility. Let's just say a though provoking read.
Chris Reznor
Morbidly fascinating. Truly one of the strangest and more 'out-there' books that I've ever read. Is it possible that Hitler lived on to an old age? The author's present a compelling case without once seeming the crazed conspiracy theorists one would have initially expected.
Grey Wolf: The Escape of Adolph Hitler 1 10 Mar 06, 2012 06:38AM
  • The Devil's Disciples: Hitler's Inner Circle
  • The Colditz Story (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
  • Hitler
  • Mengele: The Complete Story
  • Hitler's Second Book: The Unpublished Sequel to Mein Kampf
  • The Harvest of Sorrow: Soviet Collectivization and the Terror-Famine
  • The Diary of Dawid Sierakowiak: Five Notebooks from the Lodz Ghetto
  • Berlin Diaries, 1940-1945
  • The Great Big Book of Horrible Things: The Definitive Chronicle of History's 100 Worst Atrocities
  • The Third Reich: A New History
  • The Master Plan: Himmler's Scholars and the Holocaust
  • Code Name Pauline: Memoirs of a World War II Special Agent
  • Outbreak! Plagues That Changed History
  • Adolf Hitler
  • IBM and the Holocaust
  • J. Edgar Hoover: A Graphic Biography
  • Hitler's Holy Relics: : A True Story of Nazi Plunder and the Race to Recover the Crown Jewels of the Holy Roman Empire
  • Smithsonian Civil War: Inside the National Collection
Israel's Lightning Strike - The Raid on Entebbe 1976 The Yom Kippur War 1973 (1): Golan Heights (Osprey Campaign) Yom Kippur War 1973 (2): The Sinai (Campaign 126) The Six Day War 1967: Sinai The Six Day War 1967: Jordan and Syria