Start by marking “An Outline of Occult Science” as Want to Read:
An Outline of Occult Science

An Outline of Occult Science

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  143 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web. Purchase of the Kindle edition includes wireless delivery.
Published (first published 1910)

To ask other readers questions about An Outline of Occult Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Outline of Occult Science

Tuuletallaja
As the title suggests, this is an opus of initiation to the worldview of late great Rudolf Steiner, founder of the Waldorf school and an all-around academic DIY man of sorts. The more he tries to explain and rationalise his vision of 20th century "scientific occultism", the more other-worldly and fantastic his concepts of the universe and its origins end up being. The flow of the text is fluent yet predictable, and while there are some pleasant nods to Goethe and eastern philosophies, the descri ...more
Coquille Fleur
The second book we read in teacher training. Cosmic, evolution of the world. Our world has been created, destroyed, held in suspension, then recreated several times. Steiner starts with the Saturnian man, following evolution throught Atlantean, Lemurian, etc. epochs. The pralayas are the in between times. Fascinating. When I saw the Matrix, it reminded me of this book. Powerful, but dense. You have to be serious to read this one, but it's one of my faves. I <3 Steiner.
Jamie
Though I'll have to re-read this multiple times, it served as an intro to my interest in the occult. This book covers everything from Theosophy to Atlantis to the Pleiadians. Rudolf Steiner coined the term 'Supersensible Science', and gave license to define scientific methods purely by intuition. His musings have become a foundation for my entry into and understanding of the metaphysical.
Lord
An absolute essential book for everyone interested in anthroposophy, spirituality and self-growth. Things depicted in this book should be taught in schools and I'm sure they will one day. But these times are still far away.
Maegan
I haven't actually finished this book. Things started to fly over my head so I decided to put it down for a time, but it was refreshing to be so challenged in the subject of reading comprhension. I will finish it, someday.
Valenfore Alestreneon
Written by the first true Initiate after the age of Science. Don't agree with his description of the planet's evolution etc., but there's a lot of real Wisdom in this one. Advanced Students will be pleasantly surprised.
Dave
Apr 18, 2009 Dave rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: whoever needs more info. to figure it all out
Shelves: why-am-i-here
ok, this was one of the coolest of Steiner! Don't let the title fool ya! Mainstream think of "occult" as being satanic. Give up the outdated, ignorant notions!
Erik Angle
Read thru 16%, realized this book isn't what I was expecting, nor was it something I was willing to give anymore time to.
C.r. Comacchio
Steiner is fascinating [he was the founder of Waldorf Schools] but his prose is very dense.
Staggersu
Staggersu marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Johnn Rainn
Johnn Rainn is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Ann Marie Lapointe
Ann Marie Lapointe is currently reading it
Feb 23, 2015
Jesse
Jesse added it
Feb 22, 2015
Pam Beck
Pam Beck marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Honest Mike
Honest Mike marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Vardan Mirzoyan
Vardan Mirzoyan is currently reading it
Feb 15, 2015
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Steve
Steve added it
Feb 06, 2015
Jim Dreer-lumley
Jim Dreer-lumley marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Cash
Cash is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2015
Pat
Pat marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Kim Rhym
Kim Rhym marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
  • A New Model of the Universe
  • A System of Logic, Ratiocinative and Inductive: Being a Connected View of the Principles of Evidence and the Methods of Scientific Investigation
  • Flying Without a Broom: Astral Projection and the Astral World
  • The Key to Theosophy
  • Angels, Demons & Gods of the New Millenium: Musings on Modern Magick
  • The Occult Philosophy in the Elizabethan Age (Routledge Classics)
  • Psychology and the Occult
  • Zanoni: A Rosicrucian Tale
  • Sacred Places of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Most Peaceful and Powerful Destinations
  • Summoning Spirits: The Art of Magical Evocation
  • The Magus: A Complete System of Occult Philosophy
  • The Goetia the Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton, Book 1 Clavicula Salomonis Regis
  • Alchemy: Science of the Cosmos, Science of the Soul
  • The Provincial Letters
  • Immediatism
  • Do What Thou Wilt: A Life of Aleister Crowley
  • Adventures Beyond the Body: How to Experience Out-of-Body Travel
  • Heaven and Hell
Steiner was a philosopher, social thinker, architect, and esotericist.

"Steiner led this movement through several phases. In the first, more philosophically oriented phase, Steiner attempted to find a synthesis between science and mysticism; his philosophical work of these years, which he termed spiritual science, sought to provide a connection between the cognitive path of Western philosophy and t
More about Rudolf Steiner...
How to Know Higher Worlds: A Modern Path of Initiation (Classics in Anthroposophy) Theosophy : An Introduction to the Spiritual Processes in Human Life and in the Cosmos Intuitive Thinking as a Spiritual Path: A Philosophy of Freedom The Education of the Child: And Early Lectures on Education (Foundations of Waldorf Education, 25) Outline of Esoteric Science

“That which secures life from exhaustion lies in the unseen world, deep at the roots of things.” 9 likes