Start by marking “The Marketing Agency Blueprint: The Handbook for Building Hybrid PR, Seo, Content, Advertising, and Web Firms” as Want to Read:
Read Excerpt

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The marketing-services industry is on the cusp of a truly transformational period. The old guard, rooted in tradition and resistant to change, will fall and new leaders will emerge.

Hybrid marketing agencies that are more nimble, tech savvy, and collaborative will redefine the industry. Digital services will be engrained into the DNA of every agency and blended with tradit
Published December 20th 2011 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about The Marketing Agency Blueprint, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marketing Agency Blueprint

Fred Zimny
The core

The Marketing Agency Blueprint presents 10 rules for building tech-savvy, hybrid agencies that will disrupt and transform the marketing services industry.

Written for agency leaders and professionals—PR, SEO, advertising, content and web—readers are presented with a practical and candid guide to:

Generate more qualified leads.
Win clients with set pricing and service packages.
Secure more long-term retainers.
Create diverse and recurring revenue streams.
Develop highly efficient management sys
Michael Gass
If you are either looking to start your own agency or restructure your existing firm, Paul Roetzer’s book, The Marketing Agency Blueprint, will be a big help.

Paul is a small agency owner. He is the founder and CEO of PR 20/20 established in 2004. He has built an incredible national and international awareness and appeal for his agency’s new business using social media and inbound marketing. PR 20/20 was also the industry’s first provider of standardized services and set pricing and grew revenue
Phil Simon
When I wrote The New Small: How a New Breed of Small Businesses Is Harnessing the Power of Emerging Technologies (shameless plug), I profiled a new set of companies that used intelligent management and technologies to do amazing things. Had I known about Roetzer's company, it surely would have been featured in the book. While I'm not familiar with the inner workings of PR firms and marketing agencies, I found that the lessons in "Blueprint" can be extrapolated for many types of businesses.

I cert
Gunnar Duvenhorst
Very redundant and going nowhere but in circles. The basic idea is great though.
Nenad Vukusic
If you are about to open an advertising agency and you don't know where to start, start with this book. It consists of a great introduction that describes what and ad agency is supposed to do and how to calculate your prices, income, revenue...what kind of people there are and who do you need to employ to make your agency work. I would recommend it to all of the ad execs who feel lost in the brave new social networked digital word that renders them obsolete. I am sorry. Time to adapt or die, din ...more
Rolando
If you ever need a crash course book to a new marketing agency project, you need to read this book.
Paul did a really great job putting together all the pieces for decision making and processes regarding a marketing agency challenges nowadays.
I personally found the "think talent and team" part of the book, because it gives me a fresh perspective of what an agency needs towards its goals.
Highly recommended book for every marketing entrepreneur or student.
Autumn
I fell into the world of marketing. I didn't go to school for marketing, and I've only been at it for just over a year. So when I landed a dream content developer job with a digital marketing agency, I wanted to do a deep-dive and learn some basics quickly. This book, coupled with A Project Guide to UX Deisgn, was a huge help! I recommend it to anyone working in marketing or interested in the field.
Maria Mcdavis

As a boutique digital marketing agency owner, this book is arguably one of the best books I have read in a long.

The information he provides to help smaller, smarter agencies compete in the new economy is priceless.

This is not a philosophical book filled with hyperbole, but a practical, how-to guide to building an innovative, competitive agency... Of any size.
Andreas
while not revolutionary, it was a systematic read in helping us becoming a market leader in the years to come. Will not help with quality of service issues but will help in giving a systematic view pr/marketing agency business development and management
Ryan
Roetzer lays out a clear view of where he feels the marketing agency world is going, and lays a detailed path for you to get there. If you are a marketing pro working with clients, or hope to one day, this book is a must read.
Richard Podsada
One of the best books I've read on Marketing Agency Management 2.0. Written really well, not the boring old hum-drum of your typical business / management book. Anybody running a modern marketing agency must read this.
Jay Best
One of the very best books on modern marketing.
It's awesome reading books railing against the madman style of advertising execs.
It covers the true digital and digital methods but combined with the Old school too.
Mailis Viiand
Good writing style, good mixture of different knowledge and experiences. I agreed with many points made and I got some new ideas when reading this, which always gives extra plus points in my opinion.
JP  Douma

The title covers the contents. We are using it as a guideline to transform into a disruptive agency. If you are an agency owner you got to read his.
Jorge
I Like it! Although I don't agree with some perspectives of the author it's a book I recommend!
Craig Lindberg
Paul Roetzer is brilliant and any agency would do well to take note of his advice.
Murshidul
An amazing read about ins, outs of Agencies. Also, it has all the best practices.
Alex
Alex is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2015
Darin
Darin marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Ryan Waggoner
Ryan Waggoner marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Jonas
Jonas marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • Google+ for Business: How Google's Social Network Changes Everything
  • Brand Against the Machine: How to Build Your Brand, Cut Through the Marketing Noise, and Stand Out from the Competition
  • Data Mining Techniques: For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relationship Management
  • Interactive Project Management: Pixels, People, and Process
  • The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, and Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • Chief Culture Officer: How to Create a Living, Breathing Corporation
  • Blockbusters: Hit-making, Risk-taking, and the Big Business of Entertainment
  • Brand Failures: The Truth about the 100 Biggest Branding Mistakes of All Time
  • Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Secrets
  • Marketing in the Round: Multichannel Approaches in the Post-Social Media Era
  • Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
  • Head First PHP & MySQL
  • Search Engine Optimization: An Hour a Day
  • The Daily Drucker: 366 Days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the Right Things Done
  • Youtility: Why Smart Marketing Is about Help Not Hype
Paul Roetzer is founder and CEO of PR 20/20, a Cleveland-based inbound marketing agency, specializing in public relations, content marketing, search marketing and social media. PR 20/20 was the first agency in HubSpot's value-added reseller (VAR) program, which now includes more than 250 certified firms.

Prior to launching PR 20/20 in 2005, Paul spent six years as a consultant and vice president at
More about Paul Roetzer...
The Marketing Agency Blueprint: The Handbook for Building Hybrid PR, SEO, Content, Advertising, and Web Firms The Marketing Performance Blueprint: Strategies and Technologies to Build and Measure Business Success Marketing Performance Blueprint: Strategies and Technologies to Build and Measure Business Success Marketing Agency Blueprint: The Handbook for Building Hybrid PR, Seo, Content, Advertising, and Web Firms The Marketing Agency Blueprint: The Handbook for Building Hybrid PR, Seo, Content, Advertising, and Web Firms