Start by marking “Every Scandalous Secret” as Want to Read:
Every Scandalous Secret

Every Scandalous Secret (Scandalous Lady #3)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  310 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The secretis out! Now thelady mustsurrender her heart . . .or submit to scandal.
Published September 27th 2011 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Every Scandalous Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Scandalous Secret

First, I didn't realize that this was connected to her book "A Viscount in her Bedroom" from 2007. Leo is Simon's younger brother.

Second, I did give it three stars, but don't take that as a bad thing. It was nicely written, and the characters were developed well and remained consistant throughout the book. What I didn't like was the really fabricated, not well developed obstacle. We all know that in a love story there has to be some obstacle that forces the characters to seperate either physical
Danielle
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

I admit that this book was a little hard for me to get through at times. I just loved the beginning of this book. I am a big fan of banter between characters and this book was chocked full of it in the beginning. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Leo and Susanna go back and forth with each other. But once I got to the middle it's where things seemed to slow down for me significantly. It just seemed to drag on for a few chapters and there wasn't a
Kas
I was so disappointed in this series. This book really would have been a DNF for me had I not wanted to find out who the model was. I think the reason I was so let down by this is because I know that many of Gayle Callen's novels have been some of my absolute favorites, and this entire series I could barely keep my attention on long enough to get through.
Kati (Romancing Rakes For The Love of Romance)
***Review originally posted at Romancing Rakes***

This is the first Gayle Callen book I've read and I liked it. Quite a bit. Apparently, Leo and Susanna's story timeline parallels with that of Julian and Rebecca (In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady) and Elizabeth and Peter (A Most Scandalous Engagement).

Backstory: Sisters Susanna and Rebecca Leland and their cousin, Elizabeth Cabot, sneak into a well known London gentlemen's club in order to steal a painting of a nude lady. They get caught by three g
Melanie
I reviewed this book for Romance Reader At Heart website.

RRAH's THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS:

EVERY SCANDALOUS SECRET is book three of the Scandalous Lady trilogy, and my advice is to read the previous two, because both hero and heroine just might surprise you in regards to who you thought them to be.

Lord Leo Wade is a well known rake with two passions: women and gambling. Both have become boring of late, so what's a rake to do, but get himself invited to a house party!
Lady Susanna Leland is a well
Erin
I had put this book off because the 2nd book in the series fell short and I lost some interest in finding out how it all ended. This is the third and last book in a series about 3 women (2 sisters and a cousin) who sneak into a men's club to remove a painting of one of them nude. The three women are caught by 3 men and a wager is made between them whether or not the men can figure out whom the model within a month.

In the end, I was glad I finally picked up the book. I enjoyed Leo and Susanna and
lielabell lielabell
Okay, so this book totally took it for granted that you had already read the first two. Which... I hadn't. So things were a bit confusion to start. There was a lot of referencing back to things that had already happened in the first few chapters. Things that I hadn't previously read about and so was completely in the dark on. Same goes for the last few chapters, where things tied back in with the other stories and were summed up in a few short paragraphs with the understand that the reader had a ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Every Scandalous Secret is a hero’s journey from being a person who seems to have no redeeming qualities to becoming a person who loves unconditionally and who has worthy goals and purpose in life. At first this seems to be a story about the ordinary Regency doings... then hints of deeper, more intense, and more fearful issues seep in.

The reader is swept into a unique battle of wits between two very intelligent, determined protagonist
Becca
I was interested in the mystery woman in a painting theme and so I picked up this book. It was not what I expected. I enjoyed the beginning of the book best with the witty repartee and tension between the characters in the house party setting.

However, in the middle of the book, the heroine went crazy for two chapters and I hated her guts (she did get better again) and there was a lot of pondering of what was "wrong" with the hero that I never felt was truly resolved.

While I wasn't wowed by this
Reading Romances
Complete review and interview with Gayle: http://wp.me/p1sYYP-zE

And it's true, this book has so many secrets!

Every Scandalous Secret has fantastic twists and surprises for the reader. Gayle will keep you wondering till the last minute to know the answers to all the questions she presents little by little . The pacing didn't help much, as I thought the book too long and especially by the middle and ending some scenes were dragging on and on. However, I Loved how it ended!

I didn't read the previou
Goldie
I enjoy Gayle Callen's books, but Every Scandalous Secret just irked me, although I managed to finish it. I disliked Susanna immensely because of her habit of jumping to conclusions. Just because Leo did not want to read the newspaper or read books, she started thinking he couldn't read, while admiring his intelligence.

Also, by the end of the book, I'm confused: who was really the model? I didn't read the second book, but I did read the first. It's clear that Rebecca was the owner of the necklac
Alma Mcmahan
This was the final book in a trilogy about 3 young ladies who dress up as boys and try to steal the scandalous nude portrait of one of them from a Gentleman's club. They are caught by 3 inebriated members who then challenge them to a contest. If the ladies win they get the portrait if the men win they discover which one of the 3 posed. This book is the conclusion and Susanna is led a merry chase by Leo as they discover each others secrets and fall in love.
Donna
This final book in the series was a bit of a disappointment. I didn't really connect with either Leo or Susanna and I didn't really feel a connection between them. Leo's nightmares and childhood angst came across as a little overwrought for me. Overall, I didn't like this novel as well as I did the first two.
Pam H
I got to the end of this book and discovered it was the 3rd in a series. It was fine as a stand alone - I didnt feel like I was missing any information to stay with the story.

Leo was endearing, Susanna was likeable and the story was a good pace.
Now I need to read the first 2 books in the series.
Elle
The finale of the Scandalous series is very good. I liked the whodunit (posed for the painting) tho I think it came as no great surprise. There was a nice twist in the backstory for Leo (the hero) that kept it interesting, though it isn't nearly as adventurous as the second in the series.
Fay Ann Hollcroft
GRRRREAT!! I can't say anything more! I can't wait to read her next trilogy! These books coincided just perfectly! I was actually shocked at the eventual outcome. I just love being out done not knowing the outcome, it's WONDERFUL!
Tory Michaels
Overall, I really liked it. Nice conclusion to the trilogy and good to know who finally was the model for the picture. The subplot with the hero made for a nice counter to the regular romance.
Carrie (elphaba) Selusnik
The conclusion to a great series. I really must go and read other books by Callen. I really liked all 3 couples in this series and wish there was more about them.
Eve
It was decent. Started off pretty slow and didn't catch my interest until about halfway through, not a bad read but to be honest it wasn't anything spectacular.
Tabetha Waite
This was by far, in my opinion, the best written book in the series. The chemistry was there between Leo and Susanna and the story line was intriguing. Great job!
Barbara
Pretty good ending to trilogy. By this book you knew who was in the painting. Suzanne did deserve a HEA as she was the most intelligent of all the girls.
Jeanne Mulcahy
I enjoyed it, but since I have not read the other two in the series, if felt like I was missing part of the story. I'll just have to find the other two.
Moey17
Callen redeems herself with this one, lead couple was charming and had great chemistry, enjoyed their battle of wits and sizzling banter, was just pure fun!
Wicken4
I thought that this book was horrible! I hate spending money on something that I can't even force myself to finish because the story line was so bad.
Rachell Nichole
A wonderful finish to this trilogy! I love all of Gayle's books. So well-written, deep characters, intriguing problems.
Carolina
The end is a little abrubt. I think what we have been wondering for three books needed to be expanded some more.
Angeline Fortin
Wonderful ending to the series. Gayle Callen has long been a favorite & never disappoints.
Chriscilla Quintana
loved it so much. I want more...
Dottiebears
This was the best of the series
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 08, 2015 11:30AM
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To Series #2)
  • Captured by a Rogue Lord (Rogues of the Sea, #2)
  • The Sins of Viscount Sutherland (Lords of Sheffield Square, #1)
  • Till Dawn with the Devil (Lords of Vice, #2)
  • A Winter Scandal (St. Dwynwen, #1)
  • Trouble at the Wedding (Abandoned at the Altar, #3)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • A Scoundrel's Surrender (Billingham Bastards, #3)
  • If You Give A Girl A Viscount (Impossible Bachelors, #4)
  • A Beginner's Guide to Rakes (Scandalous Brides, #1)
  • Gentlemen Behaving Badly (Pleasure Emporium, #2)
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • One Night in London (The Truth About the Duke #1)
  • The Bargain Bride
  • My Ruthless Prince (Inferno Club, #4)
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • Always a Temptress (The Drake's Rakes #3)
  • To Pleasure a Duke (The Husband Hunters Club, #3)
USA Today Bestselling author Gayle Callen writes historical romances for Avon Books. Her twenty-first novel, Redemption of the Duke, was published in May 2014.

Gayle’s novels have won the Holt Medallion, the Laurel Wreath Award, the Booksellers’ Best Award, and finaled in the National Readers Choice Awards. She was a nominee for RT Book Reviews Magazine’s Reviewers’ Choice Award. Her books have be
More about Gayle Callen...

Scandalous Lady (3 books)
  • In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady (Scandalous Lady, #1)
  • A Most Scandalous Engagement (Scandalous Lady, #2)
The Lord Next Door (Willow Pond, #1) In Pursuit of a Scandalous Lady (Scandalous Lady, #1) The Viscount in Her Bedroom (Willow Pond, #3) Never Trust a Scoundrel (Sons of Scandal, #1) Never Dare a Duke (Sons of Scandal, #2)