Long Road Home

Long Road Home

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,000 ratings  ·  56 reviews
"No matter how far and how fast you run, the truth is never far behind. "

CIA counter-terrorism expert Manuel Ramirez has spent the last three years looking for the woman he loves, who disappeared without a trace while on a post-graduate trip to France.

Then, as suddenly as she disappeared, Jules Trehan turns up in a small-town Colorado hospital bed, injured in an explosion...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Long Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Road Home

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
What would you do to protect the people you love the most?

"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart."
Love this quote! It always fits so nicely.

For your information:
This book was previously published under Maya’s pen name Sharon Long. But I've read that this book has been revised and rewritten from the Sharon Long version.

Three years ago Jules Trehan, aka Magalie, disappears during a trip to France. Her childhood "hero" and...more
Sharon

Jules Trehan is on the run from a man she knows only as Northstar and from a terrorist organization she was forcefully recruited into when she was on a post-graduate trip to France, what was meant to be a vacation turned into her worst nightmare.

Manual Ramirez is a CIA counter-terrorism expert and has been searching for Jules since she disappeared three years prior, only leaving him with a vague message and not knowing one way or another whether she was saf...more
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
Narration 4 stars ~ Story 2.5/3 stars

Title: Long Road Home
Author: Maya Banks
Narrator: Rebecca Estrella
Publisher/Date: AudioGO, 10/01/13

The blurb
CIA counterterrorism expert Manuel Ramirez has spent the last three years looking for the woman he loves, who disappeared while on a trip to France. Then Jules Trehan suddenly turns up in a Colorado hospital bed, and Manny is shocked by the change in the woman he once knew. Kidnapped by a shadowy organization, Jules has been forced to become a terrorist...more
Darcy
I normally really like this author, but for me, this one was a huge miss. I had a hard time buying into the whole premise. There is no way that I find Jules to be believable as a spy/assassin. The way she was indoctrinated into the organized not believable either. Manny seemed like a dup in more than one way. How is it that he has worked for the CIA for many years and yet Jules, who has only 3 years "experience", was able to get the better of him more than once. The ending was so anti-climatic....more
Keri

2 STARS - IT WAS OKAY
AUDIOBOOK

I don't have a lot to say about this book. It was ok for the type of book that it is. It's a very simple romance, not complicated or original. The heroine beats herself down throughout the book and our hero just wants to know what is going on so he can fix it all.

He wants to know what has happened to her in the last 3 years since she disappeared but he never really asks her. They start to talk about it but then they are too tired and need sleep, or there is a phone...more
Michelle the Romance Witch
Awesome romantic suspense...certainly tamer than I'm used to from most Maya Banks... Felt a little like a precursor to the KGI series
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

No matter how long you run, or how far you go, the one thing that never fails is that the past will catch up with you. If you run from someone determined enough, they will find you. And after three years, Manny finally found Jules. What can be done when the one she harbors feelings for is on the opposite side of the law as she is? It brings trouble, and lots of it.

Who is Jules? The question haunted me as I read this story. She appears...more
Amanda Sheila
Uhwow.

Manny's in shock when he found out that his parents are gone and his long lost woman are injured along with them. Jules was gone missing three years ago and Manny's frantically searching for her until he found her. Different and somehow, darker. Jules in danger and she knows that. She needs to get away from Manny before they hurt him. But apparently Manny won't let her leave again, not without him..

One of my favorite Maya Banks! The suspense, the romance, I don't understand why people fi...more
Pete
The Long Road Home is a Maya Banks non-series book previously released under Maya’s pen name Sharon Long. It is packed with a lot of great convoluted suspense which evolves all the way to the end of the book.

Jules Trehan left the family and great friend Manual Ramirez 3 years and has not been in contact in order to protect them. She had been purposely been recruited into an French assassins ring and under threat of her family being killed if she did not comply and was raped by one of this organ...more
Lynne
This was just a bit too far-fetched for me...even for Maya Banks, who, I typically grant a bit of latitude, as she tends to compensate for flimsy or unbelievable story lines with hot, if not simply creative and innovative sex scenes. Long Road Home was just too light on everything for my taste. It wasn't terrible...just, well, kind of boring.
Alycia Easter
I am a fan of Maya Banks, but was not a big fan of this book. I was not as invested in the characters and found the plot a little far fetched. It was not a horrible book, it just didn't suck me into that world like her other books.
Dawnee Andrews
I loved maya banks SCOTS books, so this was a different genre for me to read of hers. I enjoyed it, but it was quick and not as in depth as her others.
It was good, had a good story line, but not one of her best books to me.
Erica
Nice solid read from Ms. Banks, but definitely not the hot erotic read that I'm used to from her. You can tell it's one of her earlier books. But the plot is very good and very solid. It's well-constructed...usually with these books that have to do with terrorism, I'm always a little worried that I'm going to have trouble keeping up since I read pretty quickly but this one was set up well and the story flowed great. Very sad in parts. Manny is a great character. Jules didn't annoy me at all like...more
Tawnya
Long Road Home was a fantastic book. Filled with a lot of action and as you can come to expect from a Maya Banks novel, plenty of romance. I'd highly recommend this book.
Laurie Craig
This book was originally written under the name Sharon Long. It has lots of plot twists and was really hard to put down. If I could give it 6 stars I would.
Kylene (KyandMatt)
Eh. It was ok. I listened to the audiobook and I didn't think the narrator did a very good job. Definitely not the best Maya Banks book.
Sheila
Not your typical Banks novel. Lots of suspense and action. Not sure how I feel about this one.
Lesli
Brain candy fluff for clearing my head. Easy to read. Not a lot of commitment required.
Clare
I loved it. I think I even love it more than the KGI series... I can't believe I just wrote that!
Charm
Well my fault with this one as i always read the previews and not sure how others feel but if a name in a book is the same as someone i know i tend to put their face to the people in the book and thats what happened in this book i just wanted to finish it, which i did in one day...i have a good friend called jules and as for manuel i just could not get manuel from faulty towers out of my head...it had a great story line and i didnt not like it but i just could not get into it..my fault
Jane
I read the reviews and saw that this book didn't get the best of reviews. Don't quite understand why. I loved this book. Yes, the plot is a little (ok more than a little) far fetched and unbelievable. But isn't that why we love fiction and romance novels? I know they are an escape from my hectic and stressful life! Anyway, I really loved the chemistry between Jules and Manny. I wouldn't hate seeing a story about Tony! If you like suspense and romance, give this one a try!
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Jules Trehan is part of a terrorist organization that she's trying to get away from. They recruited her against her will & they killed her adopted parents in an effort to get her to do "one last job" for them.

Manny Ramirez is a CIA agent who's been trying to track Jules down for 3 years since she disappeared telling him she could never come home again. He'll do anything to be with her, even turn his back on his values.

Not my favorite Maya Banks book.
Gina
This was an amazing book. Maya Banks is such a great writer!
Andy
I'd give it a 2.5 score. It was a decent story with more depth and less drag than most of Banks books. It was a decent story but I just found it very hard to like the characters. What should have been a fairly heart wrenching story was instead something more in the abstract. Tony the "supporting character" could have been written in way better into the story. In summation loads of potential but just doesn't reach it. :(
Bonnie Henry
OMG! This book was so good and riveting that I couldn't put it down. I finished it in less than 24 hours.
Academicsupport
This is another novel I failed to list as read. It is the tale of CIA counter-terrorism agent, who hopes to rescue the woman he has been in love with since childhood. She has become a terrorist and brings trouble to the agent as they try to escape from the clutches of the terrorist group. The agent wants her to testify against the group. Many surprises make this an intriguing, suspenseful novel.
Maddy
Wow so I did n ot like this story and I was shocked! I could care less if Jules lived or died and I only liked Manny a little. I read this book just hopong to get to the end cause I do not like not finishing books. I love Maya Banks stary so I was very surprised that I did not like this even a little.
Ann (Noumena12)
I'm usually a fan of Banks books...but I had to really push myself to finish this one. You know the horror movie where the airhead blonde does something OBVIOUSLY stupid and gets killed...well, that is exactly what I thought about Jules. Except we don't have the pleasure of having Jules die off...
Mistie
I am ashamed to say that out of every book Banks has ever written, this is my least favorite. I did not like the characters in this story, I liked the hero only. It just wasn't what I am use to reading from her. It just did not set well in my favorites by her.
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
I bought this book when it came out under Sharon Long, who is the pen name of Maya Banks. She is now re-releasing it under Maya Banks. This is more of a suspense than romance. The heroin goes through hell before the end of the book. But it does have a HEA..
The World of Maya...: Long Road Home 2 5 May 30, 2013 07:41PM
  • I Spy a Dark Obsession (Shado Agency, #3)
  • Caught by Cupid
  • Razor's Edge (Men in Blue, #2)
  • Unwrapped
  • Shadows at Midnight
  • Kiss Me, Kate (The Madison Stories, #1)
  • Secret Weapon
  • Dirty Deeds
  • Hooked (Studs in Spurs #4)
  • Wild in Whispering Cove (Whispering Cove, #1)
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Deadly Sins (The Callahans, #2)
  • Fatal Heat: A Navy SEAL Novella
  • Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #3)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)