Start by marking “Long Road Home” as Want to Read:
Long Road Home

Long Road Home

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  1,626 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
No matter how far and how fast you run, the truth is never far behind." CIA counter-terrorism expert Manuel Ramirez has spent the last three years looking for the woman he loves, who disappeared without a trace while on a post-graduate trip to France. Then, as suddenly as she disappeared, Jules Trehan turns up in a small-town Colorado hospital bed, injured in an explosion ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Long Road Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Long Road Home

Ellen Shannon
Jan 29, 2015 Ellen Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading anything by this author. She always brings the characters to life. I haven't found a book by her that I haven't loved.

Jules has had a rough three years. She left for a vacation in France and now she is running for her life. She leaves her parents and the man she loved in order to protect them, Manny and Jules meet up again and it's a race against the clock to save each other and their future together.

I highly recommend this book and this author to anyone.
Keri
May 29, 2014 Keri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook

2 STARS - IT WAS OKAY
AUDIOBOOK

I don't have a lot to say about this book. It was ok for the type of book that it is. It's a very simple romance, not complicated or original. The heroine beats herself down throughout the book and our hero just wants to know what is going on so he can fix it all.

He wants to know what has happened to her in the last 3 years since she disappeared but he never really asks her. They start to talk about it but then they are too tired and need sleep, or there is a phone
Amanda Sheila
Uhwow.

Manny's in shock when he found out that his parents are gone and his long lost woman are injured along with them. Jules was gone missing three years ago and Manny's frantically searching for her until he found her. Different and somehow, darker. Jules in danger and she knows that. She needs to get away from Manny before they hurt him. But apparently Manny won't let her leave again, not without him..

One of my favorite Maya Banks! The suspense, the romance, I don't understand why people fi
Sharon
Jun 20, 2011 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-suspense

Jules Trehan is on the run from a man she knows only as Northstar and from a terrorist organization she was forcefully recruited into when she was on a post-graduate trip to France, what was meant to be a vacation turned into her worst nightmare.

Manual Ramirez is a CIA counter-terrorism expert and has been searching for Jules since she disappeared three years prior, only leaving him with a vague message and not knowing one way or another whether she was saf
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
Narration 4 stars ~ Story 2.5/3 stars

Title: Long Road Home
Author: Maya Banks
Narrator: Rebecca Estrella
Publisher/Date: AudioGO, 10/01/13

The blurb
CIA counterterrorism expert Manuel Ramirez has spent the last three years looking for the woman he loves, who disappeared while on a trip to France. Then Jules Trehan suddenly turns up in a Colorado hospital bed, and Manny is shocked by the change in the woman he once knew. Kidnapped by a shadowy organization, Jules has been forced to become a terrorist
Jeni Yeager
Jun 27, 2015 Jeni Yeager rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MELODY ANNE'S BEST BOOK YET!!!!

I have read almost every one of her books - I LOVE her writing style so much!! But there was just something about this book that set it apart from all the others...The struggle Manny and Jules have to go through to be the together is at times gut retching but always amazing because no matter what is happening they are both so committed to the love they share. Manny is committed to keeping them together and alive and in the end married with the white picket fence an
Darcy
Aug 02, 2011 Darcy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, romance, military
I normally really like this author, but for me, this one was a huge miss. I had a hard time buying into the whole premise. There is no way that I find Jules to be believable as a spy/assassin. The way she was indoctrinated into the organized not believable either. Manny seemed like a dup in more than one way. How is it that he has worked for the CIA for many years and yet Jules, who has only 3 years "experience", was able to get the better of him more than once. The ending was so anti-climatic. ...more
Jane
Nov 10, 2012 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I read the reviews and saw that this book didn't get the best of reviews. Don't quite understand why. I loved this book. Yes, the plot is a little (ok more than a little) far fetched and unbelievable. But isn't that why we love fiction and romance novels? I know they are an escape from my hectic and stressful life! Anyway, I really loved the chemistry between Jules and Manny. I wouldn't hate seeing a story about Tony! If you like suspense and romance, give this one a try!
Karen Burroughs
Jan 24, 2015 Karen Burroughs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast moving, good story!

. Enjoyed it! Surprised at the ending. Love story plus intrigue. Keeps your interest .Recommend it for all who like Maya Banks
Michelle the Romance Witch
Awesome romantic suspense...certainly tamer than I'm used to from most Maya Banks... Felt a little like a precursor to the KGI series
Laurie Craig
May 14, 2014 Laurie Craig rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was originally written under the name Sharon Long. It has lots of plot twists and was really hard to put down. If I could give it 6 stars I would.
Tawnya
May 12, 2014 Tawnya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Long Road Home was a fantastic book. Filled with a lot of action and as you can come to expect from a Maya Banks novel, plenty of romance. I'd highly recommend this book.
KathyB
3.5 Stars

Triggers - (view spoiler)
Natward1yahoo.com
3.5 stars. There were things I liked and things I didn't like about this book. First off I liked Manny. He was definitely swoon worthy and sexy. I love his love for Jules. I also like Jules but more so at the beginning as she is a bad ass. But As the book went on she kinda showed no personality. I like the originality of the story and the absence of stupid romance novel cliches. I was so happy that this author made her female lead into a kick ass woman who knew how to fight and escape and hide o ...more
Brenda
I listened to this book while doing a few projects around the house. I might have read this author once before, but I can't remember the title of that story. This book really did hold my attention, so I did many projects to be able to listen a lot to the story. This author did not put a positive outlook on our U.S.A. government, but she did create a very action-filled story. I will recommend this book to others. There is a very good chance that I will seek out this author again in the future.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
originally posted at http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

No matter how long you run, or how far you go, the one thing that never fails is that the past will catch up with you. If you run from someone determined enough, they will find you. And after three years, Manny finally found Jules. What can be done when the one she harbors feelings for is on the opposite side of the law as she is? It brings trouble, and lots of it.

Who is Jules? The question haunted me as I read this story. She appears
ellieisuhm
Sep 12, 2016 ellieisuhm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maya-banks
Final Score - 4.5 Stars!

I loved that Jules was basically turned into a kick-ass, bad-ass woman. My dream!

I felt bad for her parents and Manny though. They were put thru the ringer!

Great quick and fast read.
LaurLa
Just meh for me. I have to say I was a little surprised at the lack of smexy times considering this is a Maya Banks book, but that didn't really affect my enjoyment of the book. I liked the suspense story but the romance story left me a little frustrated. Intellectually I know that if someone went through the things the heroine went through, her ability to trust or rely on anyone else would be close to zero. I also realize intellectually the desire her experiences left her with to protect those ...more
Pete
Dec 20, 2013 Pete rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: banks-maya
The Long Road Home is a Maya Banks non-series book previously released under Maya’s pen name Sharon Long. It is packed with a lot of great convoluted suspense which evolves all the way to the end of the book.

Jules Trehan left the family and great friend Manual Ramirez 3 years and has not been in contact in order to protect them. She had been purposely been recruited into an French assassins ring and under threat of her family being killed if she did not comply and was raped by one of this organ
Erica
Nice solid read from Ms. Banks, but definitely not the hot erotic read that I'm used to from her. You can tell it's one of her earlier books. But the plot is very good and very solid. It's well-constructed...usually with these books that have to do with terrorism, I'm always a little worried that I'm going to have trouble keeping up since I read pretty quickly but this one was set up well and the story flowed great. Very sad in parts. Manny is a great character. Jules didn't annoy me at all like ...more
Andy
May 30, 2013 Andy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'd give it a 2.5 score. It was a decent story with more depth and less drag than most of Banks books. It was a decent story but I just found it very hard to like the characters. What should have been a fairly heart wrenching story was instead something more in the abstract. Tony the "supporting character" could have been written in way better into the story. In summation loads of potential but just doesn't reach it. :(
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Jules Trehan is part of a terrorist organization that she's trying to get away from. They recruited her against her will & they killed her adopted parents in an effort to get her to do "one last job" for them.

Manny Ramirez is a CIA agent who's been trying to track Jules down for 3 years since she disappeared telling him she could never come home again. He'll do anything to be with her, even turn his back on his values.

Not my favorite Maya Banks book.
Academicsupport
This is another novel I failed to list as read. It is the tale of CIA counter-terrorism agent, who hopes to rescue the woman he has been in love with since childhood. She has become a terrorist and brings trouble to the agent as they try to escape from the clutches of the terrorist group. The agent wants her to testify against the group. Many surprises make this an intriguing, suspenseful novel.
Charm
Apr 01, 2012 Charm rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well my fault with this one as i always read the previews and not sure how others feel but if a name in a book is the same as someone i know i tend to put their face to the people in the book and thats what happened in this book i just wanted to finish it, which i did in one day...i have a good friend called jules and as for manuel i just could not get manuel from faulty towers out of my head...it had a great story line and i didnt not like it but i just could not get into it..my fault
Dorel
Jun 21, 2015 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 7th book I read by Maya Banks. This book started off really good. I loved this book's story line. I loved the action in this story. This story had the right amount of action in it. I loved the surprises in this story. I loved Jules's character. I felt sorry for Jules. I thought Jules was very strong for what she went through. I loved Manny's character too. I loved how Manny protected Jules. I loved ending. Awesome job Ms. Banks.
Lynne
Feb 02, 2014 Lynne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just a bit too far-fetched for me...even for Maya Banks, who, I typically grant a bit of latitude, as she tends to compensate for flimsy or unbelievable story lines with hot, if not simply creative and innovative sex scenes. Long Road Home was just too light on everything for my taste. It wasn't terrible...just, well, kind of boring.
Maddy
Aug 06, 2012 Maddy rated it did not like it
Wow so I did n ot like this story and I was shocked! I could care less if Jules lived or died and I only liked Manny a little. I read this book just hopong to get to the end cause I do not like not finishing books. I love Maya Banks stary so I was very surprised that I did not like this even a little.
Ann (Noumena12)
I'm usually a fan of Banks books...but I had to really push myself to finish this one. You know the horror movie where the airhead blonde does something OBVIOUSLY stupid and gets killed...well, that is exactly what I thought about Jules. Except we don't have the pleasure of having Jules die off...
Shan ~ A ~
Apr 30, 2015 Shan ~ A ~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Rebecca Estrella as the narrator. She always makes the books more enjoyable than I may have found them on my own.
That being said the story itself was pretty fantastic. There were only a couple of times that I found something unbelievable due to th character's occupations, hence the 4 stars instead of 5. Other than that it was pretty nearly perfect for me.
Sheyla Costa
Uncomfortable but gripping. Couldnt put it down till I finished it. There are some hard themes in, murder, abuse, violence. Not for the faint of heart.
I found the telling of the heroine's joining the group quite difficult to stomach, and chilling.
The World of Maya...: Long Road Home 2 5 May 30, 2013 07:41PM
  • I Spy a Dark Obsession (Shado Agency, #3)
  • Caught by Cupid
  • Dream Machine (Play Doctor, #1)
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Kiss Me, Kate (The Madison Stories, #1)
  • Unwrapped
  • Rude Awakening
  • Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #3)
  • Blue Moon
  • Sounds to Die By (Sensory Ops, #1)
  • Shadows at Midnight
  • Wicked Garden
  • The One
  • Fatal Heat
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...