Start by marking “Laundry Day (Short Mystery Story)” as Want to Read:
Laundry Day (Short Mystery Story)

Laundry Day (Short Mystery Story)

3.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  79 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
FREE SHORT STORY AND FREE AUDIOBOOK. A short story by mystery author Stacy Juba. When Gregg accidentally discovers his neighbor's lingerie collection drip-drying in her shower, he stares in fascination at a scene that looks like laundry day at the whorehouse. After his neighbor is found dead - strangled with her own fishnet stocking - the next victim might even be closer t ...more
Published April 30th 2011 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Laundry Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laundry Day

Maria
Jun 05, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intrigue, murder mystery, suspense (and suspenders!). What more could you ask for from a short story? This story will grab your attention, pull in you in, keep you guessing. Most of all, it will entertain you. When Stacy Juba describes a character's emotions you can almost feel them yourself. If you're not familiar with this author's writing there are also sample chapters from her novels included as a bonus feature in this free download, and a Q & A with the author. A riveting read.
Miranda Whore
If you are looking for a fulfilling story, this isn't it. It's not in the least bit smutty, so if you are looking for a little dirty quickie, turn away now. The one thing it had going for it was the twist at the end. I almost didn't see that coming, so well played author lady well played.
Sharon
As the description indicates, this short story is predicated on the sexual fantasies that result when Gregg sees his neighbor's lingerie hanging up to dry while he's there to help with a household repair. He starts to consider having his wife wear similar undergarments, and talks with her about it.

The suspense is low, although the twist at the end was surprising. The rest of the eBook is samples of Juba's full-length fiction.
Neil
May 13, 2016 Neil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining short story from the pen of Stacy Juba. Not much can really be said without giving anything away. It was well written and will engage the reader, despite it being over all too soon. The rest of the 'book' was taken up with an interview with the writer (which gives a bit of an insight), and a couple of chapters from two other works.
J. King
An OK short story. Not a mystery in the traditional sense. Not too heavy on the suspense. Nor did the characterization or character development blow me away—in fact, I thought the central character change was insufficiently motivated. No thematic elements jumped out at me, either. Nor any great humorous lines (unless you find other people's problems humorous), though with mildly humorous moments. "Cute" is the word that comes immediately to mind, but with a bitter twist that left me wondering mo ...more
Lori
Aug 30, 2015 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
another short story. 33 pages not much too tell without giving away a lot. so you have Greg ready to do a repair job on the one dead neighbor while he finds all her lingerie hanging in the bathroom and he gets to thinking his wife should be doing this for him. whatever. his wife should have lingerie if you ask me.
so I'm saying it's too short to tell much but unfortunately t didn't do a thing for me, too short, no really getting to know characters. nothing I really like but I give it a 3 star fo
WiLoveBooks
Mar 21, 2013 WiLoveBooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, read-2013
Has everything I like in a short story. Feels like a complete story, even though it is short, and you get a good feel for the characters. The twist at the end was something I didn't see coming. An interesting little mystery.
I got the audio free through the author's website. A quick listen, less than 30 minutes, with a great narrator.
Amanda
Mar 04, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: short-stories
Interesting story. I wasn't too surprised by the ending, but I think that's because I'd read reviews stating that there was a twist at the end. Certainly worth a quick read and I liked the author's style enough to say that I'll read more of her work.
Darcia Helle
This short story shows off Stacy Juba's excellent skills with mystery writing. I was reminded of how much I loved her two novels and I hope she hurries up with number three!
Naznin Azeez
The beginning was interesting enough. The author has written in a nice way. Surely I never saw the ending coming!. But somehow I expected something better.
Sarah Wright
Sep 02, 2011 Sarah Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting read. I didn't think it would end the way it did. I will definitely be reading more from this author!
June
Jul 20, 2011 June rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Found this short story Free on amazon.com for kindle users. The story is more than short and sooo predictable...
Tina Wilson
Feb 12, 2012 Tina Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was def a sneak attack, did not see the ending coming til it was there.
Katie
An entertaining short story that was intriguing with a nice twist. A good read.
NVTony
Sep 10, 2013 NVTony rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Good quick mystery. Had twists which added to story.
Diana
Jun 09, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
It was interesting enough.
Teresa Crawford
Jun 09, 2013 Teresa Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute "ah ha" short story
Abn10009
Abn10009 marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Rose Dickens
Rose Dickens marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Nicola Wright
Nicola Wright marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
DeAnn Oneill
DeAnn Oneill rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Laura Blickenstaff
Laura Blickenstaff marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Free for Kindle, Nook & More 1 7 Jun 04, 2011 05:50AM
Award-winning writer Stacy Juba loves to write about Characters at a Crossroads: individuals who are finding themselves and getting on the right life path after overcoming obstacles. Her goals are to entertain readers of all ages as well as inspire them. Stop by her website to browse her books, for some freebies and for information on her freelance editing service.

She recently launched the chick l
More about Stacy Juba...