Start by marking “Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit & Joy in the Female Body” as Want to Read:
Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit & Joy in the Female Body

Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit & Joy in the Female Body

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Includes a preview of Mothering from Your Center , the next book from Tami Lynn Kent.

Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit, & Joy in the Female Body offers a unique, holistic approach to reclaiming the power, spirit, and joy of the female body and to understanding its connection to creative energy flow. By restoring physical and energetic balance in the pelvic bowl, wom
Published February 22nd 2011 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published October 22nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Feminine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Feminine

Alyson
This is a 2.5 star book, which I'm generously giving three stars. I found the author's language too wooey and vague, irritating me to no end by the conclusion of the book. There is a lot of fluff language to describe energy and body wisdom, which Dr. Christine Northrup does much more elegantly in her book "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom." While the subject matter is different, Northrup's book is a better bet for overall women's health and body concerns. In Wild Feminine, attention is paid to pel ...more
Ariel
i want to give this book 5 stars because i think that i am engaging in some life-changing events because of reading this book. however, as a BOOK it was not exceptional. the author did a lot of repeating and there were more case studies than substance to the actual narrative. i think the book could be cut in half, but then maybe it would be more of a pamphlet. i wish there had been some narratives from historical matriarchal traditions or ceremonies.
Anna Cools
Wild Feminine is a great book for understanding the energy and potential for health and happiness carried in a woman's pelvic bowl. More practically, it's great for learning about and healing imbalances and other problems in the pelvic area.
I definitely skimmed a lot of it, and translated a lot into my own language as a Catholic (inviting spirits in, no thanks. Inviting God to walk with me on my path to healing, yes). I also found it very repetitive, and probably a lot longer than it needed to
Will Szal
A hands-on book for women about holistic pelvic care, taking care of your root.
Darlene
really enjoyed it and gave me many ideas and much hope
Mary Shutan
I recently have taken Maya Abdominal training and this book was recommended to me. From a practitioner of pelvic/female health, it is a nice blend of straight forward left-brain understanding of the female body and anatomy and spiritual right brain understanding of femininity of female empowerment and health. Highly recommended.
sendann
I'm actually always "currently reading" this one. I particularly love the exercises and meditations in the first half of the book. TLK is brilliant. My only wish is for a further exploration into daily applications.
Kate
I am pretty liberal and open minded, but this was "out there" even for me. It might have some good tidbits for you (I did enjoy one of the writing exercises) but overall, this was a "fail" for me.
Annalee
Tami Lynn Kent truly understands the beauty and flow of feminine energy. I felt like finally someone was speaking my language. What a blessing to women.
Evon
I liked the themes and ideas, but the book felt a bit repetitive. That said, her passion for her work is fabulous and is a wonderful gift to women.
Diana Azevedo
Her meditations and processes helped me so much, loved it!
Jenn
Very intense, but well worth it.
Jasmine
Jasmine is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2015
Jennifer Ritz
Jennifer Ritz is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Kenzielundberg
Kenzielundberg marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Viri
Viri marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Mallory
Mallory marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Colleen Cole
Colleen Cole is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Tamara
Tamara is currently reading it
Feb 09, 2015
Tara Powers
Tara Powers marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Jessica Lambert
Jessica Lambert is currently reading it
Feb 08, 2015
Tamar Mcconnell
Tamar Mcconnell marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
  • Women's Anatomy Of Arousal: Secret Maps To Buried Pleasure
  • Coming Home to Myself: Reflections for Nurturing a Woman's Body and Soul
  • Warrior Goddess Training: Become the Woman You Are Meant to Be
  • Awakening Shakti: The Transformative Power of the Goddesses of Yoga
  • Circle of Stones: Woman's Journey to Herself
  • The Complete Book of Numerology
  • Spirited: Connect to the Guides All Around You
  • S.E.X.: The All-You-Need-To-Know Progressive Sexuality Guide to Get You Through High School and College
  • Emotion Code: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love and Happiness
  • Gentle Birth Choices
  • Seneca Falls and the Origins of the Women's Rights Movement
  • Untie the Strong Woman: Blessed Mother's Immaculate Love for the Wild Soul
  • Shadow Dance: Liberating the Power & Creativity of Your Dark Side
  • Creating On Purpose: The Spiritual Technology of Manifesting Through the Chakras
  • Sugar in My Bowl: Real Women Write about Real Sex
  • Eating the Moment: 141 Mindful Practices to Overcome Overeating One Meal at a Time
  • The Goddess Path: Myths, Invocations, and Rituals
  • Birth, Breath, and Death: Meditations on Motherhood, Chaplaincy, and Life as a Doula
Tami Kent, MSPT, is a holistic women’s healthcare provider who guides women in interpreting the wisdom of their bodies and reclaiming the wild within themselves. With a master’s degree in physical therapy and the ability to read energetic patterns of the body, Tami acts as a bridge between the realms of modern medicine and traditional women’s wisdom.

The founder of Holistic Pelvic Care, Tami has ad
More about Tami Lynn Kent...
Mothering From Your Center: Tapping Your Body's Natural Energy for Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting Wild Creative: Return to Your Natural Creative Flow in Home, Work, and Life Wild Feminine: Finding Power, Spirit & Joy in the Female Body Mothering from Your Center: Tapping Your Body's Natural Energy for Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting Wild Creative: Igniting Your Passion and Potential in Work, Home, and Life