Start by marking “The Ladybug Jinx (Grandberry Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ladybug Jinx (Grandberry Falls, #1)

The Ladybug Jinx (Grandberry Falls #1)

Celia Briggs has always lived her life for everyone but herself. With the death of Celia’s mom, Celia realizes life is too short not to follow her dreams. In her small town of Grandberry Falls, Kentucky-Celia decides to open up, The Ladybug Florist, which is only fitting due to her love of flowers and ladybugs.

How can she not love ladybugs? Her deceased grandfather always
Published June 10th 2011 by MagiCal Press

To ask other readers questions about The Ladybug Jinx, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ladybug Jinx

Bed of Roses by Nora RobertsElly in Bloom by Colleen OakesThe Language of Flowers by Vanessa DiffenbaughForget Me Knot by Sue MargolisThe Ladybug Jinx by Tonya Kappes
Fictional Florists
5th out of 82 books — 8 voters
Puppy Love by Kelly MoranSimply Irresistible by Jill ShalvisVirgin River by Robyn CarrHead Over Heels by Jill ShalvisShould've Said No by Tracy March
Small Towns with Big Hearts
164th out of 169 books — 95 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephanie
Aug 03, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
I love it when I pick up a book because of its cover and the story to follow is just as great or better. That's what happened here. I am a lover of Ladybugs (to the point I have two tattooed on my ankle and seriously need to consider getting the third one to represent my third daughter before she is grown).

Picking up The Ladybug Jinx this evening I began reading and quickly found myself sucked into this little town of Grandberry Falls, Kentucky. Where Celia and her father Marty live and run a fl
Donna Hatridge
Nov 14, 2011 Donna Hatridge rated it really liked it
This book has 237 pages on the Nook. This is an easy afternoon read. Tonya Kappes has started creating her town of Grandberry Falls with some interesting characters and it will be nice to continue to see them in the next Grandberry novels.

Celia Briggs has always lived her life for everyone but herself. With the death of Celia's mom, Celia realizes life is too short not to follow her dreams. In her small town of Grandberry Falls, Kentucky-Celia decides to open up, The Ladybug Florist, which is on
Holly
Nov 09, 2011 Holly rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
I really like the ladybug/florist/flowershop part of the book.
Unfortunately.. the main character was just to immature.. she wasn't happy
with her love interest 90% of the book and I have no idea how or why he fell for her!
I really really loved carpe bead em.. so I may have to give book 2 in this series a try.
Aug 18, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Grandberry Falls feels like it is full of old friends. Loved it.
Christine
A fun romp, as a celebrity on the run from his past encounters a florist with everything he needs.
Quentin Feduchin
Aug 17, 2013 Quentin Feduchin rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
"Good characters, fun story, terrible grammar!"
The story is fun and the characters are great. Like most stories of this type it's not particularly realistic, but who cares, we can all dream, right?
By the way I'm a guy, bet you didn't expect that! I've been a heavy reader since I was 6 or 7 or something.. I'm 70, I've read many many classics, sci-fi, thrillers, detective novels, you name it: I have my 'periods' as I call them when I read a particular genre. In between times I've read about politi
GenieD
Jul 02, 2011 GenieD rated it liked it
I was gifted this book by the author.
This was a "chick-lit" type book. I don't often read this genre, but I was looking for something easy and fun. This book was easy and fun.
I liked her characters and wanted to hear their story. They were very likable. If the characters were fleshed out more I could see it as a chick flick!"
Some of the storyline was unbelievable, a "big movie star goes unrecognized and the grandfather's story was not very credible.
There were a few editorial errors.
This would b
Jamie Witko
May 17, 2016 Jamie Witko rated it it was amazing
Wow!

I couldn't get enough of this book, as much as I wanted it not to end, I couldn't wait for the end! It was beautifully written, with just the right amount of love, laughter, despair,and humor. I could feel the heart and life experience and time the author put into this book! Onto the next, and I couldn't be more excited to see what Grandberry Falls has in store.
Teri Lenz
Oct 21, 2012 Teri Lenz rated it liked it
I liked how Sam comes into town and how he learns about skeletons Celia doesn't even know exist. The mess in LA almost seems to type cast. Big city people are ruthless. And yet, Sam breaks that rule. I really liked this book, loved the ending and know that Ms. Kappes always entertains. I believe I'll be back. Three and a half stars.
Akshata
Aug 19, 2016 Akshata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I love this book!!!
Every page of this book is beautiful.....you fall in love with every character, location and even situation.
I especially loved the way, beautiful sayings or thoughts were included in the very beginning of every chapter...... it symbolized the chapter amazingly!
Although I found the last few chapters a little too cheesy.....the rest of the book is awesome.
Kelly Young
Jun 08, 2016 Kelly Young rated it it was ok
Grammar distracts from good story

A good romantic story is strained by numerous verb tense issues. It is as if this book was a first effort in a high school writing class.
Unfortunately, the concept of editing before publishing seems to be a foreign one in this case. It's a shame, as the story has potential.
Sally Hannoush
Jul 26, 2016 Sally Hannoush rated it it was amazing
A big movie star and a small town flower shop gal. Didn't see that coming. They end up falling in love and mending their past sadness they carried inside. Reunited family and forgiveness play an important impact in the story. The characters are great and I love the little town. I can picture it well. I did shed a tear or two but smiled too.
Jan 24, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
What a cute love story, I read this book in one night couldn't wait to see how it ended. Loved the story between Celia and Sam.The author did a wonderful job joining the characters and the story lines. Can't wait to read more books from this author.
Judy Jablonski
Apr 15, 2014 Judy Jablonski rated it really liked it
So the plot is not new or hard to figure out, BUT the characters are endearing and the flow of the book compels you to read in one setting. Great first book in series, will make you want to pick up the next.
Christy Blevins
Apr 29, 2014 Christy Blevins rated it it was ok
This book did not impress me at all. The main character was a jerk and never seemed to be happy about anything from the beginning. Also, I noticed several grammatical errors that were distracting.
Marge
Aug 03, 2015 Marge rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2015
Cute story about a small town florist who falls in love with the big Hollywood star, who is in disguise, and begins working for the florist as her Delivery boy/man.
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I finished this in one sitting. It's a fun read. I love all the characters and the flow of the story from the start to end. Totally gonna read the Book 2!! <3
Paula Robinson
Mar 01, 2013 Paula Robinson rated it liked it
This was a really cute story. I love Celia and Sam. The setting, Grandberry Falls is what sells it or me though. I fell in love with it, and the people who live there.
jennspoint
Sep 26, 2014 jennspoint rated it it was amazing
Very fun series! The characters are so engaging...I felt like I was making new friends, moving through these stories.
Karin Crimmins
Aug 23, 2012 Karin Crimmins rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this book. I laughed and cried! This book had believable characters with a fairytale like story. Great author!!
Lisa
Oct 24, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
This is one of those feel-good books that you never want to end! I hope to hear more from Celia and Sam in the new Grandberry Falls novels.
Darcysmom
Jul 03, 2016 Darcysmom rated it really liked it
Celia and Sam's story is the right mix of fairy tale romance, mistaken identity, and fantastical situations to be the perfect read on a hot summer day.
Debbie
Dec 01, 2015 Debbie rated it it was ok
Not a bad premise, but problems with editing/grammar and a ridiculously corny ending lessened my enjoyment of the book.
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2016
Missy Cook VanHoose
Missy Cook VanHoose rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Shanna
Shanna rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Melissa Ramirez
Melissa Ramirez rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2011
Michaela
Michaela rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2016
Ximena Ferrada
Ximena Ferrada rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2013
Norma Reasor
Norma Reasor rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Jake
  • S'wanee
  • Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
  • Brains, Trains & Video Games
  • Resonance (Holloway Pack, #2.5)
  • Silent Echoes (Games of Zeus, #2)
  • Due Date
  • The Color of Bones
  • Afterlife (The Dark Gifts, #1.5)
  • Too Dark to Sleep
  • Maggie Come Lately (The Pathway Collection, #1)
  • Kate's Kisses (Sweet Treats Bakery #1)
  • The Devil's Closet (Ceecee Gallagher)
  • Love is all around (Looking for Love #1)
  • Waiting for the Storm (Angel Island, #1)
  • Seeing Trouble (Deadwood Shorts, #1)
  • Leaving Green Island
  • Time After Time
For years, USA Today bestselling author Tonya Kappes has been publishing numerous mystery and romance titles with unprecedented success. She is famous not only for her hilarious plot lines and quirky characters, but her tremendous marketing efforts that have earned her thousands of followers and a devoted street team of fans.
Sign up for her newsletter on her website at Tonyakappes.com .

Visit Tonya
More about Tonya Kappes...

Grandberry Falls (5 books)
  • A Superstitious Christmas (Grandberry Falls, #0.5)
  • Happy New Life (Grandberry Falls, #2)
  • Never Tell Your Dreams (Grandberry Falls, #3)
  • Grandberry Falls Box Set (Grandberry Falls, #1-3)