Start by marking “A Little Harmless Surprise (Harmless, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Little Harmless Surprise (Harmless, #3.5)

A Little Harmless Surprise (Harmless #3.5)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  653 ratings  ·  43 reviews
Join Harmless favorites May and Evan on their one month wedding anniversary. Evan has a special surprise for May and you get to share in the fun.
Includes:
A Little Harmless Secret: 6719 words
Previous short stories A Little Harmless Fling and A Little Harmless Kalikimaka.
This is not a stand alone title. It is a continuation of A Little Harmless Obsession.
An exclusive excer...more
Published May 23rd 2011 by Melissa Schroeder

To ask other readers questions about A Little Harmless Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Harmless Surprise

Heather in FL
So I'm not sure why this one didn't do it for me, but it just didn't. I did enjoy the glimpse into May and Evan's married life, and it was nice that Evan was willing to give May her fantasy. Normally, I love the Harmless series, but this was just meh for me. It was OK (hence the rating), I guess maybe I just wanted more. The threesome scene just didn't do it for me. Which is unusual... normally I LOVE threesome scenes! But this definitely won't turn me off the series.
Christi Snow
Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog...

My Review:
There are three short books in this little novella. All of them are continuations of the HEA's from the Harmless series. If you are an A Little Harmless fan, then you definitely need to read this fabulous little grouping of shorts.

A Little Harmless Surprise features Evan & May as he surprises her with a gift that she has fantasized about for a while now. This short introduces us to Rome...a future hero in one of the ALH nove...more
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I haven't read this series, so I wasn't familiar with the hero and heroine, May and Evan, but they've recently tied the knot and Evan has a little surprise for his wife. He will give her the fantasy she's always had FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY. So he brings in Rome to be a third. And of course, not just will she get a menage, but these guys are both Doms.

So the setup was great, especially for a hot short story. I liked the characters individually a lot, there was...more
Ronna
Without a doubt, I would have liked this short story more had I read "A Little Harmless Obsession" first, which is the preceding book in the series and tells the story of May and Evan meeting and getting together. There is clearly a strong relationship between the two. Fans of this series will enjoy this short, which offers a continuation to their story. That said, let me be clear about what this is if this series is new to you. It is a short erotica story, that includes menage and light BDSM. I...more
Carolline
This was a great short story extra, with my favorite Harmless characters May, Evan, and Rome in a ménage. It provides a look at Rome before we get his full story in A Little Harmless Submission. It is quick read at only five chapters, but also provides a couple other quick extra stories for A Little Harmless Fling and A Little Harmless Kalikimaka. It is very similar in that regard to a quick story Maya Banks put out for her Colter books (Colter’s Wife); I wish more authors would consider doing,...more
MsRomanticReads

Free from Smashwords.com

Loved this little glimpse into the lives of May and Evan, one month after their wedding. He has a nice surprise for her when she gets home from work. One of those surprises is Rome Carino.

I've fallen in love with all the Harmless characters and their stories. Make sure you read May and Evan's full story
A Little Harmless Obsession first. And if your appetite is whet enough to find out about Rome Carino, his story can be found here: A Little Harmless Submission.
Daniel
It was alright for a short intro to a different book. However, I'm still as of yet not seeing anything kinkier than an incredibly brief mention that she got spanked and a typical threesome. The spanking was disappointing at best and it kinda makes me leery about the actual book cause I'm thinking it's gonna be the same slight sense of disappointment again that is present is so many BDSM books. But it was alright for a non-bdsm book. At least the characters in it were living a ds lifestyle sorta...more
Jessie Morgan
This is my second Melissa Schroeder short story and, I have to say, I liked this one much better than the first from her that I tried. Evan loves May and for one night only he decides to give her something she’s always wanted: a fun little ménage with fellow Dom, Rome. What follows is sensual hot romantic eroticism at its well-written best. Ms Schroeder’s writing skills really shone through. I swear, my Kindle caught fire! I still, however, have a problem with the ratio of story to advertisement...more
Red Phoenix
I really like the characters and Melissa's writing style, but I feel disappointed with her sex scenes. She has great setups, but the actual coupling promises domination (these are supposed to be the best Doms in Hawaii???), but all they really do is spank with no real commands. Basically, "Don't talk" - Spank. A big DP scene (the girl's first) and it gets a quick skim over and everyone comes as soon as they start. Felt just like a guy who is quick at the draw. Not satisfying. :(
Tessa McFionn
Melissa has taken the erotic genre out of the singles bars and into the marriage bed. I enjoy the fact that her characters are already involved in a committed relationship, rather than the standard "looking for the right one." She tackles the reality of how to keep things hot and fun after you've said 'I do.' I would definitely recommend all her stories, especially for those who like to take a walk on the wild side.
Kathy L
This was absolutely fabulous. I'm glad Evan was able to give May what she wanted and to see he was man enough to give it to her. I loved to read more about Max and Anna and that they are still hot for each other still. The Proposal Chris had for Cynthia had me in tears - it was very beautiful and emotional as well. I enjoy this series very much. I am moving on to the next book. I can't wait to see who it's about know. Yummy!
Silviene
There is one word for this HOT.
This story happens a month after Evan and May get marry and Evan gives May a big surprise acting on one of her fantasies.

Than you have A little Harmless Fling.
Its Anna and Max Anniversary and doing role play.

A little Harmless Kamilaya
Its a really special day for Cynthia and Chris with a really special request.
Kelly
Very short but still naughty enough to keep me interested. I've read a few books in the Harmless series (but not all of them) and these tie in nicely.

This book was a free Kindle download I picked up 06/19/12 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
LorettaLynn
3 Stars
I found this a fast read. It has a little bit of everything in it.
The twists and turns kept me reading. I did find I was wishing a bit longer. However well written. I would not mind reading some more of Melissa Schroeder work.
I recommend this to Erotica readers who are looking for a fast read!

Happy Reading Everyone!!
Dorothy Shaw
This is a collection of shorts featuring most of the characters in the "Harmless" series. The first short was about Evan and May. So cute. I love them as a couple. The others featured another couple I've not seen yet and then a few more featuring the other main characters from the first books.

All in all each story very cute.
Darcy
With this one I was glad to see that Evan and May were still happy. I like that Evan gave something that May wanted, knowing it might push some buttons for him. I think Evan was surprised instead of pushing buttons it turned him on. I especially like the gift at the end, it fit them.
Karry
I enjoyed the addition each of the 3 short stories gave to the beginning stories. I have no complaints about the writing. The only critique I can give is.....that each of the stories should have been released right after the book they coincide with.
Jwezi
Well a little continuation from May and Evan's story. Maybe the author was also dissapointed not adding some touch of menage and a little more BSDM. I like the story line but basically the sex scenes were not that great and was not laid out properly.
Jane
This is a short novella - a bonus short about Evan and May. I loved this one, a real quick but extremely hot, passionate read. You'll be introduced to Rome in this one... and you're going to just LOVE him!
Kiru Taye
A good read. A bit short to really get into the characters. It's probably best for readers who want to follow-up on the characters as they'd already had their full story told in a previous book.
Ashley  MacNeill
I loved the short stories continuing in the lives of Max/Anna and Evan/May. Even the little stories just make you feel like your are still apart of their lives. Love this series!
Leisa Prater
I find I love anything that starts with a little harmless........these stories are a must if you like this genre.....I find I am curious and this is so interesting to me!!!!
Nycamazon
Sep 24, 2011 Nycamazon marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Will read when it comes out in epub. I'm afraid i don't like paying to download each time i want to read and reread a book which nook and google require.
Yolanda
I actually love May and Evan its great to see the change in them in such a short time. Im very interested in Rome tho cant wait to hear more from him.
Terra Oenning
I love to read her books . this one was no different she did it again and love the storyline!! wish my husband would do that for me lol
Sandra
A Little Harmless Surprise-5719 words

Melissa's free Harmless Shorts (A Little Harmless Fling and A Little Harmless Kalikimaka)
Christina
OMG this book was good.. I really enjoyed it. Loved that we got a glimpse into the married couples life
Tina Theresa
I enjoyed reading the following up stories for the Harmless series. Can't wait for Harmless Addiction.
Quinn
A nice little short that works OK as a standalone, even though I hadn't read this couple's book...
Jenn
My only comment is it was way too short!!! I love May and Evan I want more May and Evan.
  • Rosemary & Mistletoe
  • Identity Crisis
  • Watch Me (Purgatory Club, #2)
  • Shelter from the Storm
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • Submission (The Plume #1)
  • Casey's Night In (The Mirage Agency, #1.5)
  • Heat Of The Night (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Stormbound: Seduced by the Neighbors
  • One Naughty Girl (Landry James, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Under the Covers
  • Night with a Dom
  • Jude Outlaw (Outlaw Lovers, #1)
  • Stolen (The Madame X School of Sex, #0.5)
  • The Male Stripper (Red Hot Fantasies, #1)
  • At His Mercy
  • Loving Control (Club Rio Brava, #1)
Born to an Air Force family at an Army hospital Melissa has always been a little bit screwy. She was further warped by her years of watching Monty Python and her strange family. Her love of romance novels developed after accidentally picking up a Linda Howard book. After becoming hooked, she read close to 300 novels in one year, deciding that romance was her true calling instead of the literary sh...more
More about Melissa Schroeder...
A Little Harmless Sex (Harmless, #1) A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6) A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3) A Little Harmless Pleasure (Harmless, #2) A Little Harmless Lie (Harmless, #4)