Start by marking “Savage Surrender” as Want to Read:
Savage Surrender
Preview

Savage Surrender

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  211 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Her secret saved her from Alex's charms

Sophie loved Crete. Working there as secretary to Madame Leftas was like a dream come true. It was far away from England and the secret, impossible love for Simon that she had to forget.

When Alex, Madame's playboy son, began a campaign to add Sophie to his list of casual conquests, she was merely indifferent. No one could replace Simo
Paperback, Mills & Boon Best Seller #609
Published July 1988 by Mills & Boon (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Savage Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Surrender

seton
Leona
I know that Charlotte Lamb is a very respected author of HP romances and she has an absolutely wonderful writing style, but somehow I was very shocked by her view of romance. Of course, I was totally mesmerized by the story...and couldn't put it down, but there were some incidents that really appalled me.

Sophie is a lovely young woman who is working for Alex's company. By accident she meets his mother and is given a position as her personal assistant on the island of Crete. Sophie is ecstatic wi
Twiggy
I'm not sure what to make of this save to say that it is very much a book of it's time.

the plot involves the heroine, Sophie, taking up a post as a secretary to a Greek multi millionaire's mother in Crete.

From the outset the 'hero' Alex tries to manipulate her. He starts off being obnoxious, he then tries charm, he tries to get her drunk so that he can make a pass. He gets jealous if she pays any attention to another man yet flaunts his affairs in front of her.

For a large part of the book Soph
RLA
The heroine Sophie works hard to try and take her mind off her heartbreak and forbidden love for the man she can never have. It is a dream come true when she is offered the chance to work in Crete as a secretary for the mother of the hero Alex. Sophie loves working and living on Crete, the only times that she feels uncomfortable are when Alex comes to visit. She never knows what to expect from him; sometimes he is rude and standoffish towards her, and others he is charming and flirtatious. As ti ...more
KatieV
This has been reviewed many, many times - so I won't say much. Charlotte Lamb's writing is engaging and intense, but her heroes are old skool crazy and not for everyone. Today, most of her heroines could easily get a restraining order. (view spoiler)
Lede
Dyah Subagyo
What did I think, Goodreads? Two words. Stockholm syndrome. I like the heroine in the beginning, but I cannot help to dislike her more and more towards the end. How can one so strong-willed like her be... be like wet towel? This heroine gives me indigestion.
And the hero? He makes my gastric reflux return. FULL FORCE. The most apt designation for him is RAPIST with all-caps.
There is a bold line between determination and blind ego, persistent coaxing and plain rape. What happens in this book are
Books&Friends
I have this on my keeper shelf along with most of her books.

Charlotte Lamb liked to push the envelope and as a pubescent Presents reader I found that exciting. I'm not condoning 'forced seduction' as I've heard it called. Simply, this book is a prime example of when dark and dangerous was exactly that.

Sophie was an intriguing character for her time. Instead of falling for the hero she's in love with another man. She was intelligent, wary and managed to smartly evade the hero until the plot drov
Rgreader
Classic HP.
Dark, Stockholm Romance.
Hero and heroine need therapy.

Compelling read.

Etc.
Felt sad for Simon. Stuck in marriage with a psycho bitch.
sbf20112011
4.5 stars. Warning that there is an old-school wife rape involved, so you have to be able to overlook that part. The book was also really long for an HP, but I didn't find myself noticing it too often. Otherwise I really enjoyed this one -- I LOVE that the heroine was so indifferent to the hero for most of the novel -- made for some entertaining hero frustration. Overall, I liked this one!
April Brookshire
This one was great. The heroine really wasn't in love with the hero most of the book. Didn't even want him. And what a tantrum he threw when he figured out that she wasn't pining away with love for him like he'd thought. This book wasn't very romantic 'cause the hero was straight up brutal after they were married.
Melanie♥
Totally un-PC and shamefully enjoyable to read. Love these old Charlotte Lamb books!
Rana
قرأتها مترجمة باسم النصف الاخر
Giovanni
Lambfan
I have read all of Charlotte Lambs novels, but Savage Surrender I rate has her best novel, in appreciation of her true writing talent.

Yes, I thoroughly enjoy the unique story line,the slow build up and suspense and just love the characters. However, I am in awe of the incredible detail surrounding the thoughts and actions of the character. I believe Charlotte got into the mind set of her character at an amazing depth and consistency not quite reached in her other novels. It is reflected and cle
Adanna
B*tch falls in love with old dude who rapes her, blames her for said rape and polishes off the night by backhanding. You will like this if you're into S&M...you will hate this if check for gloria steinem.
Tia
I can't say I really care for this one all that much. At times it was sweet and slow but there was something about it I didn't like.
Fre06 Begum
Love this book so nice to read about a female who is not all gaga over the male read!
Shiffs
Shiffs marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Dorie Nelson
Dorie Nelson marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Lindsay Brittain
Lindsay Brittain marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Juniebgood
Juniebgood marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
  • Bought with His Name
  • A Past Revenge
  • A Man to be Feared
  • Breaking Point
  • The Greek's Chosen Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage #6)
  • The Price of a Bride
  • Comparative Strangers
  • Return to Santa Flores (Loveswept, #40)
  • Shattered Trust
  • The Judas Kiss
Sheila Ann Mary Coates Holland
aka Sheila Holland, Sheila Coates, Charlotte Lamb, Sheila Lancaster, Victoria Woolf, Laura Hardy

Sheila Ann Mary Coates was born on 1937 in Essex, England, just before the Second World War in the East End of London. As a child, she was moved from relative to relative to escape the bombings of World War II. Sheila attended the Ursuline Convent for Girls. On leaving scho
More about Charlotte Lamb...
Temptation Forbidden Fire Fever Dark Dominion The Devil's Arms