Start by marking “Taken by Fire (ACRO, #6)” as Want to Read:
Taken by Fire (ACRO, #6)

Taken by Fire (ACRO #6)

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  1,719 Ratings  ·  145 Reviews
HIS MISSION WAS TO DESTROY HER.
BUT DESIRE GOT IN THE WAY.

A product of genetic manipulation, Melanie Milan shares a body with her malevolent sister, Phoebe. A sleek, blond predator with a heart of pure darkness, Phoebe puts their body through the wicked underbelly of sex for thrills—when she’s not igniting her pyrokinetic skills for an evil organization bent on taking o
Published by Bantam (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Taken by Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by Fire

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Stars

This review was posted at Under The Covers

SOME SLIGHT SPOILERS

I am so sad to see this series end. It really doesn't have to! There are still so many stories that they could create! Please, please, please! Or maybe write a spin-off series??? Something!! That's the end of my fangirl moment.

Taken by Fire is mainly the story of Stryker. He has such a cool power, he can affect basically earth, so watch out you don't piss him off or you may cause an earthquake! He is assigned to kill Melanie/
valee
Oct 14, 2010 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh boy, what a fantastic ride this series was, and what a perfect ending for it. I loved EVERY freaking page of Taken by Fire. This book was definitely the master piece of the series, totally exceed every other book in it. The ACRO series was outstanding and so different from all the other series in this genre.

This book was just sublime, and it finally gave us a closure to all that had been developing since book 1, a flawless closure by the way. It just could't have gone any better than it did.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwendolyn❧•°**★❧ •°**★
4.5 DELVIN LOVING STARS!

This DELVIN's Book!

Yes, yes, Delvin, has ALWAYS been my Fav!

OMG....pick me up a off the floor, because I have fallen hard for him and, I can not get up!

-Ok, this book and, my thoughts.

X-Men, CIA, SUPERHERO'S---> THE GOOD GUYS AND GALS~

This book has elements that makes it feel, magical and that offered me escapism and I loved that.

The writing is superb. I can not find, the line drawn between these two writers.
The scene(s) are vivid.
The action is awesome
The Smex'in
Wendy
Feb 16, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, pnr, erotica
What a great series and fantastic ending to wrap it all up. So, so good!
 ~V~
Jun 28, 2011 ~V~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 stars.

I have SO thoroughly enjoyed this series! They're HOT, probably more on the erotic side than a typical pnr, action packed and suspenseful...everything that i LOVE in my books! This one, for me, was just as great as the rest of them...it started pretty much where the last one left off..with Stryker on the "hunt" for Phoebe for having killed his best friend. The whole dual personality/twin storyline was great..Phoebe was pure evil!..and Mel was the sweet "twin"...it was interesting t
Kathleen
Jul 02, 2011 Kathleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! The ending of this book/ series was the best ending I have EVER read. Fantastic, phenomenal, Amazing, I am totally floored. The team of Sydney Croft did not leave me hanging one bit. They ended this series wrapped with a nice tidy bow leaving me completely satisfied.

Now I'm sad because yes it's over but it went out with a bang.

OK, now that I'm done with all that let me just say that if you have not read this series and you like your romances action pack, with really cool hero
Jess
Dec 04, 2010 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

4.5/5:

For this last installment in the wonderful ACRO series, I’m going to do a little different format for the review. By now, we all know that this is the final showdown with the big bad Alek, head of Itor, and the book had 3 storylines going, our lead couple Stryker and Melanie, Annika and Creed and finally Dev. This review will focus on the characters, their place in this book and the overall series.

Stryker & Melanie

I’ve been looking forward to Me
Ami
Leigh
Feb 05, 2011 Leigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FABULOUS!!! What a PERFECT ending to a wonderful series!! This book was fantastic from start to finish.

I didn't know what to expect from Stryker at the outset of this book because when we saw him last, his best friend and mentor had just been killed, and he was on a path of vengeance. Fast forward eight months, and we find him closing in on Abkar's murderer, Phoebe. What Stryker finds, however, is Melanie, Phoebe's sister. The two of them are indeed sisters and not multiple personalities, but th
Jen  ~The dreamer~
Please tell me this isn't the end....seriously.

I love this series, mainly because I'm a huge X-Men nerd so add that and hot, amazing, sexy characters who mostly gain their powers by having earth shattering orgasms, you've got one happy camper.

I'm guessing this is the last book since it answered a lot of questions and ended some fantastic story lines. *sigh* I did sob through the last 50 or so pages.

The writing is awesome, which isn't surprising considering who's behind the books. This is one s
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
**4.5 stars**

For the first 85%, I would have only given the book 4 stars but the last 15%? OMG definitely 5+ stars. The last part was so good and so emotionally draining. Definitely a good way to end the series.

But back to the beginning....this, of course, is the story of Stryker and Mel who met in the last book in the Amazon when Mel's other half, Phoebe, killed Stryker's friend. Stryker has been on the hunt for Phoebe and finds Mel instead.

Stryker and Mel are just so sweet together even if it
Stacey
Nov 07, 2010 Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kim O
Mar 23, 2011 Kim O rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give it more than 5 stars. The book was just FANTASTIC. Without a doubt, one of the best books I've read this year. However, it is bittersweet because it was the last of the series, but Sydney Croft went out with bang. All the past characters were included and I remembered how much I adored the ACRO world. The guys are hot and alpha and the women have strong personalities and know how to hold their own when it comes to kicking some major ass. I cannot recommend this series enough ...more
~~~Heather S.~~~
Jan 24, 2012 ~~~Heather S.~~~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fan-freaking-tastic!!! This series got better and better with each book!
Awilk -never sleeps-
A great ending to a wonderful series.
Melanie
Feb 09, 2017 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, 4-5-stars, 2017
Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

This book wraps up the ACRO series. There is another book after this one, but it is more of a stand-alone set in this world, and not really part of the overall story arc. Both of our main characters in this book were in the previous book, Tempting the Fire.

Stryker can affect the earth, like cause earthquakes. This can be really helpful as long as he doesn’t lose control. This story starts off with him in Rome. He doesn’t like to be in cities li
Mrs. Badass
Wanted to add that there was a rape scene in this book. So be aware. It caught me off guard.

What a friggin cool ass ending! You know, having one person share a body with two people is just so darn interesting. It's amazing what lab experiments can accomplish in the land of ACRO.

Melanie and Phoebe. God what a piece of work Phoebe was eh? We meet her at the end of the last book, where she (view spoiler) So the hunt for her begins by Stryker.

What Stry
Dee
Wow this was a spectacular finish to a great series. When I read the first book I really struggled but kept going as was assured by a member on here (thanks Auntee :) )that it was an excellent read and a great series and I am glad that I did go on to read them all.

I don't really do many reviews but felt that I needed to comment on this one - especially as I had commented on the first one in the series. I also don't want to give too much away but will suggest that you have a box of tissues handy
Tiffany
I have hesitated to pick up this final chapter in the absolutely phenomenal erotic paranormal suspense series by two amazing NYT-bestselling authors writing as one, not because I wasn't looking forward to reading it or because I feared the grand finale wouldn't live up to the excellence of the rest of the series. On the contrary, I knew the explosive conclusion would be powerful and pull out all the stops, but I didn't want to think of this series ending.

This wildly unique series about a secret
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I have loved this X-rated X-Menish series from the very first book. I loved the way the books were written with the main focal hero and heroine’s story and then all the secondary romances that was there. I really hate that this is the last book for this series. I truly hope that Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler do a spin off series or perhaps they will flash forward and do another generation of these extremely hot, overly sexual, operatives with rare abilities.

I impatiently waited for Taken by
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
WARNING: This is the sixth and final book from the ACRO Series by Sydney Croft (Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler). Although you could read this book as a stand alone... please don’t. This series is so worth a read - it’s only 6 books! (You can read more about the entire series at my blog.) Taken By Fire is the PERFECT series finally and you would miss out on so much if you read only this book. With that in mind, this review contains SPOILERS from the first 5 books, so move forward at your own ri ...more
Gladys (glad4twilight)
This book was very hard for me to rate. The sex scenes were amazing and anything Stryker or Devlin wwere in was a 5 but it just moved too fast to the point where it was unrealistic...not that creating an earthquake is, but still there was not a lot of build up. It went from zero to a hundred very fast and even though I like that in certain parts as in sex scenes, it doesn't work when building relationships or making connections. that being said it was still a good book and the ongoing Devlin Gab ...more
Sharon (Simi) Ehcstasy
Flat out one of the best books in the ACRO series. Stryker - oh my lord I kept telling my BFF that she is going to love meeting him.

Stryker is an ACRO agent whose talent is to produce earthquakes. He lost his best friend in the jungle, killed by an ITOR agent, in the last book. Then Stryker meets Melanie - the other half of the ITOR agent and cannot help but fall in love. Such a dichotomy to be in love with the same (sort of) person who killed your best friend. But Stryker sees through Phoebe to
Kathrynn
The final in this series and it did not disappoint This Reader. Taken by Fire picks up right where book #5 left off. Stryker hunting down Phoebe, the fire b****. He found her right away and the book kept a nice steady pace. Some of the recapping with previous stories I found boring, but was a nice refresher, too.

I've tried, but do not like Devlin. Didn't care for he and Gabe's drama when they had a larger portion of the stories in earlier books and my opinion did not shift in this story, either
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
It was like someone was yanking his nuts out of his body through his throat. "Again," he rasped, because said testicles were lodged in his esophagus.

~Stryker

I am so sad to have reached the end of this series. Fingers crossed for a spinoff because there are so many more stories to tell. A new generation of agents, hybrid agents at that. Would make for an amazing tale.

When you mix a Telekinetic and a Excedosapien with super strength, you get Stryker. Stryker is a son of ACRO of sorts. Born and rai
Saly
Jul 04, 2011 Saly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erotic Romance

The ACRO series is a guilty pleasure even if it has certain elements(m/m) I would normally avoid but a friend gushed about it and I got into it. This is the last book of the series and I loved it. Stryker goes after Phoebe/Melanie who killed his mentor and instead finds the other twin Melanie, who is good and battered and tortured. I liked their story how angry and even mean Stryker is at the beginnng, how Mel comes onto her own and takes control.

I love my favorite Annika and Creed
Lisa
Aug 15, 2011 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
Excellent finish to the series. I loved the last book soooo much. So much going on and the authors (Larissa Ione & Stephanie Tyler) managed to tie all the stories up so you got closure with all the different characters. I cried a fair bit in the end and really enjoyed the series. I'm not a fan of guy on guy in books but you really are attached to the characters so it's actually nice in a way. The whole series was very hot but you'll love them all and wish you were a part of the story. 5 star ...more
Lenore
This was a solid book, one of the best stories in the series.
I didn't particularly like the Mel/Phoebe character, Phoebe was too evil and Mel too blah. But I kinda liked Stryker and I loved the Creed/Annika and Devlin/Gabriel side stories.
That threesome? Hawt!
I also loved the way the characters of the previous books appeared and were integrated in this story. Wyatt and Faith, especially.
The last chapter was beautiful, a great way to close the series.
I'm really glad I read these books. A big "th
  • Hot Nights, Dark Desires (Includes: ACRO, #2.5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance
  • Skin Dive (Skin, #4)
  • In the Air Tonight (Shadow Force, #3)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • The Mark of the Vampire Queen (Vampire Queen, #2)
  • Darkness at Dawn
  • Possess Me (Bone Daddy, #1)
  • Eternal Flame (Night Watch, #3)
  • Demon Hunting in the Deep South (Demon Hunting, #2)
  • Awakening (Dark Elves #6)
Sydney Croft is the alter-ego of two published authors who came together to blend their very different writing interests into adventurous tales of erotic paranormal fiction. Together, they developed a world where people with extraordinary abilities, like the power to control storms, could live and work with others like them. The series has been described as "Erotica meets the X-Men," and is unique ...more
More about Sydney Croft...

ACRO (7 books)
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
  • Unleashing the Storm (ACRO, #2)
  • Seduced by the Storm (ACRO, #3)
  • Taming the Fire (ACRO, #4)
  • Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5)
  • Three the Hard Way (ACRO, #7)

“F*ck Disneyland. Because all in all ACRO was the happiest damned place on earth.” 18 likes
“We need to get out of here. That's why I did this," he said dumbly, even though she was starting at him now like he was an idiot because he was repeating himself. And he was. Repeating himself and an idiot. Idiot wrapped in a moron. An idiot burrito.

~Stryker”