Start by marking “Doctor Who: Book 4 The Underwater War/Terminal of Despair” as Want to Read:
Doctor Who: Book 4 The Underwater War/Terminal of Despair

Doctor Who: Book 4 The Underwater War/Terminal of Despair (Doctor Who: 2 New Adventures #4)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The Doctor, Amy, and Rory join an undersea exploration ship on the planet Hos in The Underwater War. When a virus infects the crew, they discover the ship is hiding a dangerous secret In Terminal of Despair, the TARDIS crew find themselves trapped in a quarantined spaceport where the waiting passengers have lost all hope of ever getting home. Can the Doctor save them?
Published September 1st 2011 by BBC Children's Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Doctor Who, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doctor Who

James Barnard
These two novels are packaged as one, so I’ll review them as one. Both have strong central ideas, read incredibly well, and feature versions of the Doctor, Amy and Rory which ring very true to their TV incarnations.

As a break from the rather heavier novels I read around them, these were very welcome.

I’m very happy to recommend both these books!
Mark
TERMINAL OF DESPAIR

Surprisingly this was quite a good book and a nice quick enjoyable read. I say surprisingly because this is the 3rd Doctor Who 2in1 Omnibus I have read recently and this is so far the best story I have read from these books. Not exactly the most insightful and indepth story ever told. But as a book aimed at kids and at just over 200 pages long I didn't really expect a literay classic. But it only took a day to read and the story was not the worst (by a massive margin) Who nove
Nicholas Whyte
Jan 27, 2013 Nicholas Whyte rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, doctor, who, xn, 11th, amy, rory, 1209
http://nwhyte.livejournal.com/2007650.html[return][return]Another of the two-in-one Doctor Who books for younger readers starring Eleven with Amy and Rory. The first of these, Terminal of Despair by Steve Lyons, has monsters that consume hope from their victims. Lyons normally cranks out a good base-under-siege story (I guess he is the modern master of that sub-genre) but here I felt he was writing down to his readership a bit, reaching for the Terrance Dicks channel without quite reaaching it. ...more
Tom
Aug 18, 2014 Tom rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Doctor Who adventure. I'm coming around to the 11th Doctor and enjoy his companions. The television show dictates the characterizations. They are good and insert nicely into these stories. Some nice fluff between other, less fluffy books.
Mahala
Bit of a drag, this one, to be quite honest. I don't know if it was the story's slower pace or the character's voices not being quite right but this is my least favourite of the Doctor Who novels so far.
Andi Garbett
Mar 19, 2014 Andi Garbett rated it really liked it
Two well written books, both keeping you entertained until the end.
Anna
Gotta love the Doctor (& Amy & Rory)
Tom
Mar 16, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-in-2014
Two good adventures.
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Chris Griffin
Chris Griffin rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
Ray (user2637)
Ray (user2637) marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Janelle
Janelle marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Ashwin George
Ashwin George marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Anjalin Ann
Anjalin Ann rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Caitlin Louise
Caitlin Louise marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Jennifer Priester
Jennifer Priester marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Doctor Who: 2 New Adventures (6 books)
  • Doctor Who: Heart of Stone / Death Riders