Start by marking “Keeper of the People” as Want to Read:
Keeper of the People

Keeper of the People

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In a strikingly real work of prehistoric fiction comes Keeper of the People. As a young woman of great power Taikiuu must choose for herself whether to remain with her village or to trust a foreign traveler with her life and the lives of those she loves.
Jon’lan, a trader, falls in love with Taikiuu when they are thrust together by forces beyond their control. They are joi
Published (first published June 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Keeper of the People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeper of the People

Terri Pray
I eventually gave up on this one once I'd hit 10% of the book. The pacing is off for me and the characters just didn't appeal.
Lana
You guys I loved The Keeper by Karah Quinney!
Bobbi
I would give this book a 5 for story line and a 3 for irritating editing issues - therefore, I rated it as 4 stars. This novel is book 1 of a trilogy written in the tradition of the Earth People series by Jean Auel. If you enjoyed that series, you may enjoy this book - or- if you are interested in reading that series, this may be a good choice to see if you like the genre.
The story line and the characters are engaging. There are themes of good vs. evil, spirituality, survival, and family/ people
Sarah Bollt
I really enjoyed this book; I had a hard time putting it down. There were many inconsistencies throughout, though, and several places which needed help grammatically. This is why I only gave it three stars.

Also, I was surprised at the end by the fact that this was in fact the first of a series, and if I want to find out what happens next, I have to purchase another book.
Deliasue
Loved the story of these primitive people, their love of family and their children, makes you want to be a part of their clan. Just as good as "Clan of the Cave Bears".
I did wonder about the name change from Jon'lan to another name between first book and the second.
Abigail
Like another reader I, too stopped around the ten percent mark. I didn't feel connected to the characters, the points of view jumped around randomly and it seemed like the author was trying to cram as much action as possible into the shortest amount of time without taking the time to develop the characters. Because of this, I just couldn't suspend my belief enough to get in to the world she was trying to create.
Kat
it was an enjoyable read. However, I expected way more from historical stories based on facts and among other things. Karen's trilogy always had too many happy endings which shouldn't be the case based on many historical facts. But it's just me. I do believe Michael and Kathleen O'Neil Gears' novels may have set my high expectations of historical books. I wouldn't even give 4 stars.
Erin Germain
The story was good, but be aware that there were a lot of spelling errors. Curious to see if the next two books in the trilogy are as good.
Wanda Paul
I think this book would be a great assist if all three saga's were joined as one book.
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Ldjfm
Ldjfm marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Fae Peace
Fae Peace marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Shelly  Olmstead
Shelly Olmstead marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Jane Burks
Jane Burks marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Sarah1983
Sarah1983 marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Cyndi Dorsey
Cyndi Dorsey marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shadow of the Moon (The Great Land, #1) Pillar of Fire (The Whale Hunter, #1) Light of the Sun (The Great Land, #2) Dreamkeeper Sacred Fire (Book Two - The Whale Hunter Series)