Keeper of the People

Keeper of the People

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  9 reviews
In a strikingly real work of prehistoric fiction comes Keeper of the People. As a young woman of great power Taikiuu must choose for herself whether to remain with her village or to trust a foreign traveler with her life and the lives of those she loves.
Jon’lan, a trader, falls in love with Taikiuu when they are thrust together by forces beyond their control. They are joi...more
Published (first published June 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Keeper of the People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeper of the People

Lana
You guys I loved The Keeper by Karah Quinney book! I loved it because I wrote it and it reads well. In fact, when editing I read it like it was a brand new book and I couldn't wait to get to the end. It's a satisfying read available on ereaders. I published under Karah Quinney and am so happy to have this book out there, the sequel is The Chosen One coming out in August.

I hope you download a sample for free and read it! Let me know what you thought!
Terri Pray
I eventually gave up on this one once I'd hit 10% of the book. The pacing is off for me and the characters just didn't appeal.
Bobbi
I would give this book a 5 for story line and a 3 for irritating editing issues - therefore, I rated it as 4 stars. This novel is book 1 of a trilogy written in the tradition of the Earth People series by Jean Auel. If you enjoyed that series, you may enjoy this book - or- if you are interested in reading that series, this may be a good choice to see if you like the genre.
The story line and the characters are engaging. There are themes of good vs. evil, spirituality, survival, and family/ people...more
Sarah Bollt
I really enjoyed this book; I had a hard time putting it down. There were many inconsistencies throughout, though, and several places which needed help grammatically. This is why I only gave it three stars.

Also, I was surprised at the end by the fact that this was in fact the first of a series, and if I want to find out what happens next, I have to purchase another book.
Deliasue
Loved the story of these primitive people, their love of family and their children, makes you want to be a part of their clan. Just as good as "Clan of the Cave Bears".
I did wonder about the name change from Jon'lan to another name between first book and the second.
Abigail
Like another reader I, too stopped around the ten percent mark. I didn't feel connected to the characters, the points of view jumped around randomly and it seemed like the author was trying to cram as much action as possible into the shortest amount of time without taking the time to develop the characters. Because of this, I just couldn't suspend my belief enough to get in to the world she was trying to create.
Kat
it was an enjoyable read. However, I expected way more from historical stories based on facts and among other things. Karen's trilogy always had too many happy endings which shouldn't be the case based on many historical facts. But it's just me. I do believe Michael and Kathleen O'Neil Gears' novels may have set my high expectations of historical books. I wouldn't even give 4 stars.
Erin Germain
The story was good, but be aware that there were a lot of spelling errors. Curious to see if the next two books in the trilogy are as good.
Wanda Paul
I think this book would be a great assist if all three saga's were joined as one book.
shirley
shirley marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Lynn Henshaw
Lynn Henshaw marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Hope Dee
Hope Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Karen Siddall
Karen Siddall marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Mir
Mir marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Michele Stewart
Michele Stewart marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Amara
Amara added it
May 05, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shadow of the Moon (The Great Land, #1) Light of the Sun (The Great Land, #2) Pillar of Fire (The Whale Hunter, #1) Dreamkeeper Chosen One (Book Two)