Start by marking “Keeper of the People (Keeper #1)” as Want to Read:
Keeper of the People (Keeper #1)

Keeper of the People (Keeper #1)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
In a strikingly real work of prehistoric fiction comes Keeper of the People. As a young woman of great power Taikiuu must choose for herself whether to remain with her village or to trust a foreign traveler with her life and the lives of those she loves.
Jon’lan, a trader, falls in love with Taikiuu when they are thrust together by forces beyond their control. They are joi
Published June 10th 2011 by Karah Quinney (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Keeper of the People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeper of the People

Terri Pray
Aug 29, 2012 Terri Pray rated it did not like it
I eventually gave up on this one once I'd hit 10% of the book. The pacing is off for me and the characters just didn't appeal.
Lana
Nov 09, 2014 Lana rated it it was amazing
You guys I loved The Keeper by Karah Quinney!
Bobbi
Mar 19, 2012 Bobbi rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-historic
I would give this book a 5 for story line and a 3 for irritating editing issues - therefore, I rated it as 4 stars. This novel is book 1 of a trilogy written in the tradition of the Earth People series by Jean Auel. If you enjoyed that series, you may enjoy this book - or- if you are interested in reading that series, this may be a good choice to see if you like the genre.
The story line and the characters are engaging. There are themes of good vs. evil, spirituality, survival, and family/ people
Sarah Bollt
May 18, 2014 Sarah Bollt rated it liked it
Shelves: have-ebook
I really enjoyed this book; I had a hard time putting it down. There were many inconsistencies throughout, though, and several places which needed help grammatically. This is why I only gave it three stars.

Also, I was surprised at the end by the fact that this was in fact the first of a series, and if I want to find out what happens next, I have to purchase another book.
Chelsea
Apr 28, 2014 Chelsea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-for-blog
'The Guardian' by Karah Quinney is a beautifully told story which pulls at the heart, and keeps the reader on the edge of their seat. There was not a single dull moment. The entire book is made up of action scenes, intermittent with soft romance scenes and beautifully written internal struggles through multiple character's point of views. I love the way the author was able to make so many character so realistic, and so important to the story. I did not root for one, two, or even a mere handful o ...more
Deliasue
Feb 18, 2014 Deliasue rated it it was amazing
Loved the story of these primitive people, their love of family and their children, makes you want to be a part of their clan. Just as good as "Clan of the Cave Bears".
I did wonder about the name change from Jon'lan to another name between first book and the second.
Deliasue
Aug 08, 2015 Deliasue rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book one of three
Abigail
Aug 03, 2013 Abigail rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-a-big-fan
Like another reader I, too stopped around the ten percent mark. I didn't feel connected to the characters, the points of view jumped around randomly and it seemed like the author was trying to cram as much action as possible into the shortest amount of time without taking the time to develop the characters. Because of this, I just couldn't suspend my belief enough to get in to the world she was trying to create.
Kat
Dec 31, 2012 Kat rated it liked it
it was an enjoyable read. However, I expected way more from historical stories based on facts and among other things. Karen's trilogy always had too many happy endings which shouldn't be the case based on many historical facts. But it's just me. I do believe Michael and Kathleen O'Neil Gears' novels may have set my high expectations of historical books. I wouldn't even give 4 stars.
Erin Germain
The story was good, but be aware that there were a lot of spelling errors. Curious to see if the next two books in the trilogy are as good.
Wanda Paul
Jan 25, 2014 Wanda Paul rated it really liked it
I think this book would be a great assist if all three saga's were joined as one book.
Kacee Martin-Muncy
Kacee Martin-Muncy rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
Arden Banks
Arden Banks rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Vicki Adderholdt
Vicki Adderholdt marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
laurietta
laurietta marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Kandy Larimore Margheim
Kandy Larimore Margheim rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Chandra Fry
Chandra Fry marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Laura Blickenstaff
Laura Blickenstaff marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Carrie
Carrie added it
Feb 26, 2016
Isabelle
Isabelle marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
mary hays
mary hays marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Jennifer Benedict
Jennifer Benedict rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Jacqueline Punzo
Jacqueline Punzo rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
She
She marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Keeper (3 books)
  • Chosen One (Keeper #2)
  • Dreamkeeper (Keeper #3)