Blank-133x176
Tajribah Maqāhī Stārbu...

Joseph A. Michelli

Tajribah Maqāhī Stārbuks: 5 Mabādiʼ Li Taḥwīl Al ʻādiyi ʹila Istithnāʼī

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,872 ratings  ·  166 reviews
With access to Starbucks personnel and resources, the author isolates the 5 key leadership principles that transformed an ordinary idea into an extraordinary experience.
232 pages
Published 2007 by al-Dār al-ʻArabīyah lil-ʻUlūm - Nāshirūn (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tajribah Maqāhī Stārbuks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tajribah Maqāhī Stārbuks

Sally Siawidjaja
May 26, 2009 Sally Siawidjaja rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Recommended to Sally by: seeing it at gramedia bookshelves
Shelves: non-fiksi, terjemahan
I have been a big fans of starbucks green tea latte since 7 years ago and was amaze how fast their company is growing. So when I heard about this book I wanted to know everything about the company. Their management and marketing strategy, their choice of cafe design, and even why they chose Medusa as their logo (is it Medusa? I heard it is because Starbucks are devil worshiper. lol).

However, I was utterly disapointed after reading this book. It just went on and on and on.... about how great the...more
PlatKat
Jun 06, 2009 PlatKat rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: business owners and managers
I enjoyed the positive nature of this book, and it was nice to learn more about the practices of a company to which I've devoted a large portion of my coffee patronage. But after awhile, it started to read more like a long promotional pamphlet touting Starbucks' excellence.

Since I'm thinking about starting my own business, this book was helpful to me because it identified some important ideals to strive for. It made me think about my message, how I want to brand myself, and what inconsistencies...more
Jay
I'm glad I read this book after reading Starbuck CEO Howard Schultz's book "Onward". The Schultz book covers the guiding priciples under which Starbucks operates - it's what they train their employees on. "Onward" gives a number of examples of these stories but goes much beyond, with quite a bit of company history. This book, "The Starbucks Experience", really dives into those guiding principles and provides a number of examples of how the company and its employees meet those principles in day-t...more
Bybee
I enjoyed the stories about the many ways that Starbucks connects with their customers, their communities and the world at large. The constant sidebars in which Michelli invites business owners (his intended audience) to reflect upon each new point presented, seemed to disrupt the flow of the book. Can't business owners just absorb the information and stories illustrating why Starbucks is successful and make their own inferences? Do they have to be spoon-fed like a class of high school freshmen?...more
May 21, 2008 Sarah rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People in a service industry
Recommended to Sarah by: Hayley
Great quotes and principles for customizing your business to make a great experience for your clients, BUT, the book is horribly horribly written! Most of the people in my co-workers book group stalled out about 50 or 100 pages into the book. The book doesn't flow at all. It gets choked up with all the quotes and principles, then tends to repeat itself over and over again. Okay, we understood on page 5 what a great and ingenius company Starbucks was...no need to drone on and on about it! BUT, de...more
Cindy Payler
You can't finish reading this book without having a great respect for the Starbucks principles. If you are a lover of Starbuck's coffee, you will love it even more after learning about what they stand for and how they go about making it happen. A short, quick read packed with lots of good advice for business leaders and anyone who is curious about Starbuck's success.
Danny
Dec 25, 2009 Danny rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Enjoyed this look inside Starbucks. Some of my favorite quotes include:
5 Principles for Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary: Make it your own, Everything matters, Surprise & delight, Embrace resistance, Leave your mark
Make It Your Own: 5 Ways of Being: Be welcoming, Be genuine, Be considerate, Be knowledgeable & Be involved.
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." Anne Frank
“workers at all levels must become attuned not only to wha...more
Zoffix Znet
I stopped reading after I read about 40% of the book. The whole thing reads like a very long Starbucks advert. I found no practical advice in the book. There's a gazillion stories about how Starbucks employees give out free coffee when they see a customer spill their drink or give out free coffee presses when a customer asks for a replacement part. Perhaps Starbucks—a successful business—can afford to absorb those costs, but there's very little relevance in those stories for some lesser-known, n...more
Adi Arifin
This is an inspiring book on how setting our difference and pay every attention needed to keep it consistently makes a huge difference. I understand that many business do not really care about brand and brand image. But in the industry I am in, having our brand recognized for reliability is above anything else. Tourism industry is one thing, but being in premium layer, a very thin layer at the top of the pyramid, such as Bali villas is another story.
Will C
In this book, the author is showing that it is about making sure that the customers have a great experience. This book takes place in all types of Starbuck stores. This book is told by the founder and CEO. This book is non-fiction. The author explains to the reader many different experiences that have happened. He says that it is about your experience, not the cost for us.

There was a part in this book that was all about customer experience. In this chapter, the CEO explains how some customers,...more
Melanie
I picked up this book because one of the essays in the book, The Frugal Librarian, described how it's concepts could benefit libraries. I agree that libraries of all kinds could benefit by applying the five customer service principles from this book. I think "be welcoming, be genuine, be considerate, be knowledgeable, and be involved" (page 175)sums it up well. I recommend it to any organization focused on customer service.
Abdullah Almutairi
This book hold many spiritual Wounder and contains many thoughtful Idea of how to be a Muslim, a Human and how to from all the things you have in your life, as some things you gain for your own right. currently reading and I don't want leave it at all. This one of the book that at first I judge it by the cover, but turn out it's a real treasure in my opinion.
Donna Lyn
I finished this book in one day, it was well written and encouraging. There are many other coffee companies that have great service (Dutch Brothers comes to mind) so Starbucks doesn't corner the market on service but it was an excellent read on how Starbucks gets me to spend $4 for the 'experience' again and again and...
Gugun Gunadi
Sebenarnya buku ini cukup menarik untuk dibaca. Pengalaman starbuck dalam merintis usaha dari hanya sebuah kedai kopi kecil hingga jaringan kedai kopi terkenal yang menggurita. Tapi sayang, terjemahan dalam bahasa Indonesianya tidak begitu enak dibaca, bahasanya kaku sekali. Jadi kurang menarik lagi.. (ini menurut saya loh)
Azez
يقدم صورة مثاليه لما ينبغى ان تكو نعليه خدمة الزبائن
اعطيته 3 نجوم
لان من قراء كتاب ديل كارينجي عن فن التعامل مع الاخرين يكفيه
حيث يعتبر هذا كتاب تتطبيق فعلي للهذا الكتاب
Todd Mckeever
I have many of the other reviews for this book and they are all over the place concerning how good or not liked this book is for people. For me, I enjoyed this book along with the others concerning Starbucks.

Set aside your personal like or dislike of Starbucks and some of their personal agenda and try to just look at bottom line business/leadership strategies contained in the book and then I believe you will find these books to be a great read. Starbucks has gotten some things right which has be...more
John
The stuff American dreams are made of!
Mónica López
Recomendado por el director comercial de la empresa para la cual trabajo, este libro no fue fácil de conseguir. Fui a librería El Día, Sanborns y nada. Llegue a Gandhi y tampoco pero… lo encargue. Me dieron la opción de dejar $50 pesos. Ellos lo mandan traer y te hablan en máximo 8 días para avisarte que tu libro ya está en la tienda. Eso es servicio.

Cuáles son las prácticas/ principios de una de las empresas de café más importantes del mundo.

• Aduéñese. Conozca a su gente, no la limite, y tom...more
Cahyo
Mar 13, 2008 Cahyo rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cahyo by: TIME Magz
Dengan menjamurnya berbagai kedai kopi, café, club, maupun restorasi kelas menengah ke atas lainnya; maka tuduhan “atas tuntutan pergaulan” pun akan teramat sangat mudah untuk ditabalkan kepada siapapun yang, mungkin, kebetulan lewat di depan kita, dan mengaku bahwa dirinya adalah seorang fanatikus sejati atas berbagai kenyamanan semacam itu.

Tapi kalau kegemaran itu semata dinyatakan sebagai virus, gue kurang sepakat. Karena, untuk kasus kedai kopi berlambang putrid duyung menggoda ini, gue (pil...more
Anna
Feb 09, 2008 Anna rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who leads people in a fuzzy corporate environment.
I've read all the Starbucks books I can get my hands on, so I'm going to compare this one to it's cousins. It's full of business jargon and vague concepts that business writers love so much. In trying to decipher the tools of Starbucks' success, however, the book manages to make the Starbucks Experience sound like a management class for government employees. *tongue in cheek* Which is great if you're a manager! Especially in business circles where you need lots of fodder for your weekly meetings...more
Liz Jenkins
I'm about halfway through this book and so far it's all about how awesome Starbucks is. This is getting a bit monotonous. I like Starbucks as well as the next person, well, not as much as my friend, Lisa, from whom I borrowed this book (they know her by name and drink order), but so far, haven't learned a lot. I'll keep reading though - one never knows when a little nugget of knowledge will surface.
Finished the book now, while it does keep raving about how fabulous Starbucks is, I do think I got...more
Joshua
I do not frequent Starbucks on a regular basis; however, I have been intrigued over the years by its success. After reading this book, it is no wonder Starbucks is successful as they have been.

The author is not affiliated with Starbucks in any way other than a Starbucks customer. Every leader could and should learn the principles found in this book and then infuse them into their life practices.

I personally believe every church and pastor could learn truths in this book that would assist them in...more
weiyein
THE STARBUCKS EXPERIENCE
5 Principles for turning Ordinary into Extraordinary
By Joseph A. Michelli

Principle 1 – MAKE IT YOUR OWN
Starbucks spends more on training employees than on advertising
Starbucks positioning – the 3rd Home
Customers can to feel unique and special all the time. How can we provide that?
Starbucks is not in the coffee business serving people but in the people business serving coffee
People want to be a part of something that touches their hearts
Green Apron Book helps make Starbuck...more
Abigail
La experiencia Starbucks, 5 principios para convertir lo ordinario en Extraordinario
Con los 5 principios del manual del delantal verde de Starbucks tú puedes tomar ideas y aplicarlas a tu propio negocio y, no solamente allí, sino a tu vida en general. El negocio de Starbucks es la gente. Es una empresa socialmente comprometida e interesada en las relaciones interpersonales y en crear una experiencia única a cada cliente que visita alguna de suS tiendas. Si te interesa conocer a fondo estos prin...more
Megan
May 29, 2008 Megan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any young business professional, marketing professionals, anyone who loves Starbucks
Shelves: work
This book makes me want to work for Starbucks!

I have to admit, I'm quite the Starbucks addict, and if I hadn't been, I probably would not have gravitated to this book in Borders in the first place. That being said, the book offers valuable insight on how you can take a company with an ordinary product and turn it into a success.

As a young professional, it was interesting to see how the company managed to use the simplest prinicples to generate success. The book outlines these principles in easy...more
Henry Wijaya
Jun 01, 2009 Henry Wijaya rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: coffee lovers, teachers, those working in service agency
Recommended to Henry by: Stefani Nana Karina
Starbucks, who have never heard that famous name of a coffe shop? It is so famous that sometimes people like to associate coffee with this coffee shop
This book doesn't discuss the coffee anyway, so if you want to know about the coffee, just run away quickly to the cafe and taste the coffee yourself, hehehehe (prepare your wallet friend; it's expensive:P)
It discusses why Starbucks can become very successful and remains in the heart of many of its loyal customers. It tells some values or principle...more
Jesse
I read this as part of a company book club.

Having worked at Starbucks when I was much younger, it was also a bit of a trip down memory lane...and it made me crave gourmet coffee for the week that I read it...

For me, what made this book even more fun for me was discovering that my current organization practices so many of the the methods laid out in the book.

I think this is an easy, quick read. Helpful to those who might be thinking about opening a business, or moving to another organization.
Neil White
A good and approachable look at the 5 principles or values behind Starbucks and their culture. As a non-coffee drinker I have not been a regular partaker of Starbucks but I have always been intrigued and impressed with both their environment and atmosphere as well as their social commitments. There is a lot to learn from how they desire to do be perceived in their communities and in their world.
Stacy
I found this analysis of customer service more useful than some of its Disney counterparts, probably because of Starbucks' ability to turn something ordinary like coffee into a memorable experience without the built-in appeal of "fairy-dust" (Disney's history, magic, culture, context, etc.). I just want to drink coffee and be happy now.
Juliaty
Starbucks teach us how to give and get a great experience through their 5 principles. Actually they are simple ways that almost every people and companies already know. The point is to do it correctly, to remain that way. To maintain it. It's also about details.. details.. and details.. A single simple thing that also important and may change lots of things. I think it's a good book, but in some other way i feel disappointed with starbucks it self. The writings is too good that almost not as goo...more
  • The Toyota Way: 14 Management Principles from the World's Greatest Manufacturer
  • Pour Your Heart Into It: How Starbucks Built a Company One Cup at a Time
  • Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • It's Not About the Coffee: Leadership Principles from a Life at Starbucks
  • The Google Way: How One Company Is Revolutionizing Management as We Know It
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company (Nordstrom Way)
  • Business @ the Speed of Thought: Succeeding in the Digital Economy
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • Be Our Guest: Perfecting the art of customer service
  • Small Giants: Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
  • Good to Great and the Social Sectors: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great
  • Unleashing the Ideavirus: Stop Marketing AT People! Turn Your Ideas into Epidemics by Helping Your Customers Do the Marketing thing for You.
  • Sam Walton: Made In America
  • Nuts!
  • The Big Moo: Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable
  • Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing
  • Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's
The New Gold Standard: 5 Leadership Principles for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience Courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company Zappos Experience Leading the Starbucks Way: 5 Principles for Connecting with Your Customers, Your Products and Your People Prescription for Excellence: Leadership Lessons for Creating a World-Class Customer Experience from UCLA Health System The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary Into Extraordinary