Start by marking “Snake in the Grass” as Want to Read:
Snake in the Grass

Snake in the Grass

2.0 of 5 stars 2.00  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Looking back to a holiday in Candelo, Ursula remembers a summer spent in a desolate town in southern Australia, where choices were made without thinking about the consequences. Years drift by and the shattering events of the past catch up with Ursula when she learns of the death of a young man.
Published October 1st 1999 by Black Swan

To ask other readers questions about Snake in the Grass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snake in the Grass

Jayne Charles
This slowed my reading down - the early stages were so secretive about the events at the book's epicentre that it was tough to read. I could dip into it for a few pages and find that I was still none the wiser about the protagonist. Like a delinquent child, it was only when I had some proper quality time to spend with it that we began to make connections. I also felt a lot better once I had twigged that in Australia, thongs are NOT underwear.

The author draws some compelling characters - the rig
Alan Hughes
This book is slow to start, plodding when it gets going and ultimately unrewarding. The twist at the end can be seen form the first pages and the characters are suficiently unlikeable that we really don't care what happens to the. We really wish that some-one about 20 pages in would discover a note saying "look this what happened on the holiday" so we can fold it shut.

There is also an irritating tendency to use italics excessively.
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Belinda Palamara
Belinda Palamara marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Belinda Palamara
Belinda Palamara marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2013
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2011
Darkwater Closed For Winter Candelo Births Deaths Marriages The Secret Lives of Men