Start by marking “Consider the Butterfly: Transforming Your Life Through Meaningful Coincidence” as Want to Read:
Consider the Butterfly: Transforming Your Life Through Meaningful Coincidence

Consider the Butterfly: Transforming Your Life Through Meaningful Coincidence

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  22 reviews
$14.95 hardcover · 1-58685-176-4

6 x 7 in, 144 pp, Rights: W, Inspiration

At some point in our lives, we have all experienced synchronicities, those amazing coincidences that offer short glimpses into the backstage of life, the hidden order of things. Carol Lynn Pearson has for years kept track of the coincidences in her days, looking at them with a poet's eye for metaphor a
Hardcover
Published August 23rd 2002 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about Consider the Butterfly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consider the Butterfly

Jade Lovgren
I gave my copy away I loved it so much, and wanted to share it with my friend. It was synchronicity when I found this book!! It's so true, God is everywhere, and it's amazing, when I actually stop and notice, how present he really is!! There are no accidents in life. Everything happens for a reason and I appreciate the opportunity to consider the lessons. I laughed, I cried, I related, I loved this book. I wanted to call her and thank her for writing it. It touched me very much.
Marie
This is one of my favorite books of all time. The subtitle is 'Transforming your life through meaningful coincidence.' Everytime I read I'm reminded of the patterns in our life and that coincidences are rarely random. - March 2009. I finished a third read of this book and it reminded me to look once again at the moments in my life that seem more than coincidental. - March 2012
Andre
Synchronicities. Read this book and you'll learn more about "transforming your life through meaningful coincidences" as it is subtitled. Shortly after reading our purchased copy of this book I had an e-mail conversation with Carol Lynn, who is an old friend, and mentioned to her that just that day I had purchased a used copy of her book "Women I have Been and Known." It was signed by Carol Lynn "For the women at the Salt Lake Detention Center, especially Brandy, Liz, Christina, Melissa, Catherin ...more
Brooke
I really like this lady. Very "New Age" and not your typical conservative Mormon, but I like her positive spin on life.
Clarice
I had insights into my own life while reading her stories. I like the idea of looking for meaning in everything the universe brings you. I do acknowledge though, that our mind is built for this kind of stuff, finding connections with all the random bits of data our brain takes in every day. But that doesn't take away from any of the meaning behind it for me. I choose to believe in both science AND a deeper meaning to life in this universe.
Delona
I found this gem of a book at the library. I love Carol Lynn Pearson's poetry so it caught my eye. Short and easy read with wonderful bits of wisdom. A little taste of her poetry:

I dim
I dim
I have no doubt
If someone blew
I would go out.

I did not
I must be brighter
Than I thought.

Can I just say that I have a little bit of a girl crush on her? I think she is great.
Jen
An interesting take on how everyday coincidences are more than just coincidences. Although the author is LDS, she certainly embraces all religions and can relate to having lost a child (her adult daughter). Her belief in this idea of "synchronicity" has lead her to quite a few interesting realizations, and some expeiences with her daughter.
Lesley
I'm not really into new-agey stuff, so I was a bit sceptical when I picked this up. The author is new agey, but from a religious point of view, which I can handle. She talks about sychronisities in life -- those little things that connect as a coincedence then take on a bigger meaning. Makes me want to do a sychronisity journal too. Uplifting.
willo
Delightful, quick easy read. Over the course of the last few weeks it's made me much more aware of the synchronicities in my life, and a few quotes and paragraphs throughout really struck a chord with where I'm at right now. Highly recommended.
Erin
Pearson has led an interesting life. She married a man that later declared that he was gay. They divorced and then she nursed him as he slowly died of AIDS. This book shares many stories from her life.
Miranda
Nov 30, 2007 Miranda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone sensitive enough to the universe to recognize it's whispers.
I am inside this cover right now, discovering the ways in which Caroll Lynn Phearson has seen God humor her through daily coincidences. It is helping me reflect on my own experiences with Serendipity!
Morgan Jones
This book really made me consider the "meaningful coincidences" in life. It's a very different book,and I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but I enjoyed it!
Jessica
This book has many interesting concepts. Sychronicity is an amazing idea. Makes me notice things I never had thought would work together before.
Courtney
Loved the way this made me more aware of all the synchronicity in my life. I love Carol Lynn Pearson, and this book just made me happy.
Chris
An enchanting account of how synchronicity can bring beauty and peace to our lives.
Jenette
The first book I have ever read by this author and it is more than likely my last.
Shellie
I thought this was her worst stuff. I normally completely enjoy her but not this time.
Lia
I didn't really connect with this book and the power of synchronisity.
Amy
I truly enjoyed this book! I admire Carol Lynn's outlook on life.
Mary Lindsey
A lovely gift from an even lovelier friend. Thanks, Sis.
Andrea Gustafson
My mother gave this to me before she died. What a gift.
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Jackie Craven
Jackie Craven marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Jennifer Beu
Jennifer Beu marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Jessica Dillon
Jessica Dillon marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Lee
Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Recovering: A Journal
  • Discourses of President Gordon B. Hinckley, Vol. 2: 2000-2004 (Hardcover)
  • Overcoming Speechlessness: A Poet Encounters the Horror in Rwanda, Eastern Congo, and Palestine/Israel
  • Everything but the Coffee: Learning about America from Starbucks
  • The War on Moms: On Life in a Family-Unfriendly Nation
  • Pathways To Perfection: Discourses Of Thomas S. Monson
  • Thoughts of a Grasshopper: Essays and Oddities
  • Abraham in Egypt (The Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Volume 14)
  • How Georgia Became O'Keeffe: Lessons on the Art of Living
  • The Introverted Leader: Building on Your Quiet Strength
  • The Promise of Discipleship
  • Promised Messiah: The First Coming of Christ
  • The Simeon Solution: One Woman's Spiritual Odyssey
  • Mother-Daughter Wisdom: Understanding the Crucial Link Between Mothers, Daughters, and Health
From http://www.clpearson.com/about_me.htm

In fourth grade, in Gusher, Utah, I won four dollars in a school district essay contest on “Why We Should Eat a Better Breakfast.” And yes, this morning I had a bowl of my own excellent granola, followed by a hike in the hills near my home in Walnut Creek, California.

In high school I began writing in earnest. I have now in my files a folder marked “Poetry,
More about Carol Lynn Pearson...
Goodbye, I Love You A Stranger for Christmas No More Goodbyes: Circling the Wagons Around Our Gay Loved Ones The Lesson: A Fable for Our Times Beginnings