Start by marking “Dangerous Curves (NASCAR #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Curves (NASCAR #1)

Dangerous Curves (NASCAR #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  590 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Special Agent Cece Blackwell is smart, savvy and knows her way around a race car Heading up a team to investigate the murder of a rally driver is right up her alley.

The only problem is star driver Blain Sanders, the man who requested her. Blain is well-heeled, well-connected and drop-dead gorgeous – and he knew Cece when she was a drag-racing tomboy with grease under her

Published (first published March 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Curves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Curves

Samantha
Dec 21, 2007 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure I was going to. I'm a Nascar fan and didn't see how this would work out. She really does make it work. The plot is a little outrageous but I enjoyed the FBI being involved. I'm not going to do a plot summary when other reviewers have already did that better than I could. I loved the character interaction and as a reader, you really get to know the characters. I enjoyed the secondary characters, especially Lance who the second book is about. It takes you ...more
Gina
May 08, 2008 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one, but then again, I'm biased. I'm a racing fan at heart - although it's a love of Drag Racing, not NASCAR. What I like about the NASCAR series through HQ is that the authors are female and know what they're talking about as far as car, garage and track knowledge/lingo goes. Great story, I liked the suspense and the action. If you're a NASCAR fan, you'll love it. If you're not, you'll be surprised; the book may just turn you into a NASCAR fan, LOL!
Lyndi
Sep 04, 2012 Lyndi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't hate the heroine - Cece - but I did think she was a moron for most of the story.

First, I'll say that the story was good. It was entertaining and humorous, with moments of tenderness and suspense.

Blaine was a decent guy who obviously cared immensely for his crew members. I'm not into guys crying very often, but I felt like Blaine expressed his emotions honestly and appropriately.

Cece, however, was a terrible FBI agent. She cussed out a head honcho and released confidential information to
Ana
Lea and Blain have a history and not a good one, so she is surprised when Blain requests her to be the one to investigate the death of his friend and driver Randy. Not even sure that there is something suspicious she is pressured by her boss to accept the assignment.

Blain is pleasantly surprised when he sees Lea again and even more so when he realizes that he's attracted to her. But he is aware that they shouldn't get involved romantically, because after all he could be a suspect as well and it
Colleen
Oct 21, 2008 Colleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one actually starts of Britton's Nascar series, but I ended up reading it last. I was shocked at the difference of the sexual relationship in this book vs. the others. This was went into much more detail where as the others left it up to the readers imaginations. Either way is good, but this one is definitely has more steam than the others.
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dangerous Curves by Pamela Britton
NASCAR #1
A decade ago, Cecilia Blackwell, known as Cece, was a girl with hero worship and ended up embarrassing herself often because of that particular guy. Now as a grown woman, an FBI agent who is good at her job, she has learned she can turn heads and knows how to use that power. Everything changes the day she’s pulled from her undercover job to investigate a murder. A murder that includes working side by side with the past she wants to forget.

Blain Sanders
Romance
362 pages
copyright: 2005
isbn: 0-373-77035-9

Special Agent Lea Blackwell is smart, savvy and knows her way around a race car.

Heading up a team to investigate the murder of a NASCAR driver is right up her alley. The only problem is NASCAR star Blain Sanders, the man who requested her. Blain is well-heeled, well connected and drop-dead gorgeous-and he knew Lea when she was a drag-racing tomboy with grease under her nails.

But Lea has grown up since then, in all th
JP
Oct 25, 2015 JP rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Confusing

This plot had potential but it was confusing to read. It didn't flow well. It was hard to form any sort of attachment to the main characters, they seemed hollow and not likeable. Don't waste your money.
Shannon Anicas
Dec 23, 2013 Shannon Anicas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pamela Britton's DANGEROUS CURVES, is an amazing story! She not only has characters that are multi-leveled, but 'real'. She knows her NASCAR and makes you want to come back for more. DANGEROUS CURVES is non-stop fabulous!

CeCe Blackwell is a no-nonsence FBI agent who left her small town to pursue a career in law enforcement. But she gets a case that she can't shake working for Blain Sanders, someone she tried to forget way back when. He is a Cup car owner who lost a dear friend to what doesn't lo
Jessica Alcazar
Not a good start. I was actually bored reading it, which is what prompted me to put it down half way thru then pick it up again .... but then the last half kind of surprised me and was quite enjoyable. I actually enjoyed trying to figure out who was behind the bombings and I didnt see the outcome coming either, but the romance between Blaine and CeeCee needed work, big time. The author just sort of made it materialize out of thin air. One day they were long time acquaintances with sexual attract ...more
Evelyn
Nov 29, 2007 Evelyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-romance
Special Agent CeCe Blackwell is smart, savvy and knows her way around a race car, so heading up a team to investigate the murder of a NASCAR driver is right up her alley. The only problem is that team owner Blain Sanders remembers CeCe from high school as a tomboy who had a crush on him, and he is having a hard time taking her work seriously.

A light, entertaining romance with enough suspense that you won't want to put it down. Highly recommend--especially for racing fans.
Meghan
Mar 29, 2012 Meghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy read, very light hearted (even though there was a murder in it) and enjoyable. It is hard to take this book seriously with the main characters acting the very unprofessional way they do most of the book. But it was fast and fun so I gave it 4/5 stars. I will definitely read another book by the author because she did write the book well.
Heather
Dec 01, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a romance book, however it was filled with many twists and turns as CeCe and Blain followed the clues to determine what happened to his best friend and top race car driver as they also tried to manuever around their feelings for each other. I'm anxious to read the rest of this series.
Sandie
Sep 04, 2012 Sandie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book with a few surprises. I enjoy suspense coupled with romance and this book has it. I like the twists here and there along with the NASCAR background. The book itself is well written with good characters, some of them are not what you expect.
Anna
Sep 07, 2007 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: female Nascar fans
Shelves: chick-lit, fiction
Yes, it is a Nascar-based romance novel and yes it is just as cheesy as most romance novels BUT if you have any amount of appreciation for Nascar and enjoy romance novels, this one definitely worth your time!
Tracy Lea
I enjoyed reading In the Groove, that when I came across this one, I thought why not? It was even better, because there was a little mystery along with romance, with NASCAR flavor.
Tammy
Mar 18, 2010 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book, I am a big nascar fan and just couldnt put it down at all. I learned alot about the sport of Nascar that I didn't know before.
Bree
Apr 13, 2009 Bree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. It had the same romantic plot with with a nascar theme. It will give you surprise. I would suggest only for a mature audience.
Stacie
Dec 26, 2009 Stacie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was recomended to me and it was ok. Since I love Nascar and I like romance it was a quick and easy read.
Lorilee
Jun 01, 2015 Lorilee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hated the ending, so stupid. The rest of the story was good and you can read it very quickly.
Mimna
ชอบนางเอกเรืองนีมาก นางแกรงไดใจจริงๆ
ตอนตนๆเรืองสนุกและนาสนใจมาก
แตพอชวงหลังเริมแผว
Donna
Sep 16, 2007 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it combined a mystery, romance, and racing. All the things I like.
Lisa Bauer
Sep 06, 2010 Lisa Bauer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a pretty good suspense romance set in the world of Nascar. I liked it very much
Cecelia
I think I'm biased because I share her first name but I thought it was wonderful!
Guilty Pleasures
Mar 31, 2011 Guilty Pleasures rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback
This one was my favorite of her NASCAR series =)
Heather Blythe
Sep 27, 2012 Heather Blythe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book. could not put it down..
Sara
Mar 09, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Fun, Fast paced read for all Nascar fans!!
Allison
May 01, 2010 Allison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say is this book was HOT!
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • Thunderstruck (Harlequin NASCAR, #4)
  • Danger Zone (Harlequin NASCAR, #3)
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Old, New, Red, Blue! (Step into Reading) (Cars movie tie in)
  • Thomas and Percy and the Dragon (Thomas & Friends: Step into Reading)
  • Bloodline (Natasha Blake Ancestor Detective, #2)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2)
  • The Sea Serpent and Me
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • The Year Mom Won the Pennant
  • A Long, Hard Ride (Harlequin Blaze #453)
  • The Game from Where I Stand: A Ballplayer's Inside View
  • Yule Be Mine
  • Q Is for Duck: An Alphabet Guessing Game
  • Parking Lot Hero (A Powers of Love Story)
With over a million books in print, Pamela Britton likes to call herself the best known author nobody’s ever heard of. Of course, that’s begun to change thanks to a certain licensing agreement with that little racing organization known as NASCAR.

Nowadays it’s not unusual to hear her books being discussed by the likes of Jay Leno, Keith Olbermann, or Stephen Colbert. Flip open a magazine and you mi
More about Pamela Britton...

NASCAR (7 books)
  • In The Groove (NASCAR, #2)
  • On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)
  • To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)
  • Total Control (NASCAR, #5)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)