Start by marking “I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)” as Want to Read:
I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)

I Heart Vegas (I Heart #4)

4.09  ·  Rating Details ·  5,647 Ratings  ·  221 Reviews
Angela Clark loves her life in New York. Everything is perfect but, after she loses her job, her world starts to crumble around her - her visa is revoked and she's given the disastrous news that she must leave New York. Desperate to stay, the last thing Angela needs is a girls' trip to Vegas just before Christmas.
Published December 8th 2011 by Harper (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Heart Vegas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Heart Vegas

I Heart Vegas is the fourth installment in Lindsey Kelk's chick-lit series titled: I Heart. I took a hiatus from this series after the third book...sometimes you have to do that when your connection seems to be stalling out. Apparently that was the right choice for me because I loved I Heart Vegas! All the humor really hit the spot and that's what attracted me to Ms. Kelk's storytelling in the first place. It makes up for the heroine's inability to communicate and ask for help and all the other ...more
Jasprit
Jun 13, 2011 Jasprit rated it really liked it
Lindsey Kelk’s books have quickly become my guilty pleasures, her books just like Meg Cabot’s and Sophie Kinsella’s I know I can turn to when I need a quick pick me up; they easily bring a smile to my face and they’re the perfect comfort reads. I’ve been glued to Angela’s adventures ever since she ran away from London 18 months ago in I Heart New York. Each time I’m about to start a new book there’s always a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach worried about what she will get up to this time ...more
Irena
Nov 03, 2015 Irena rated it really liked it
If you think Justin Bieber deserves to be in the same circle of Hell as Adolf Hitler, you do not deserve a five-star-rating from me!
If you think Justin Bieber should go to Hell, you don't deserve a 5-star rating from me. Period.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Now, when I made myself clear, here's the actual review:

It has been years since I read I Heart Paris. I still remember how fun it was and what mostly happened, but I was afraid I forgot a lot of things.
It turned out,
Anja
Dec 07, 2016 Anja rated it really liked it
In the fourth part of the series, Angela and her best friend Jenny (and some others) go on a short trip to Las Vegas. Angela is slightly worried about her expiring visa, her only chance at staying in New York being marriage, so a few days away in Vegas seems just about the perfect distraction. Of course, things get a bit out of hand, but what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right..?

Well, no, this was not my favourite part.
First, I don't like the idea of Las Vegas. It's not, that I don't like
CiderandRedRot
Thank fuck for Lindsey Kelk, is all I can say! I'd been looking for some enjoyable, escapist reading for a while, but all the chicklit novels I'd tried had conjured up a world that seemed completely foreign to me. Stuck between a sea of characters allegedly my age who spoke and behaved more like my grandmother, or ditzy 'girls about town' whose fondness for shopping/relationship/other-girlie-stereotype hijinks read like undiagnosed mental illness... Ugh! Give me a break. (How long is it til the ...more
Gayatri
Jan 09, 2017 Gayatri rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
I was not expecting to like 'I heart Vegas' but surprisingly I enjoyed reading it more than its prequels. I found this book to be more humorous. And of course, totally enjoyed return of James Jacobs and Alex-Angela dynamics. A fun read. :)
Lilyan
This was ... just... not good.
The plot, if you could even call it that, was basically a British girl, living in America, whose visa got cancelled.

Yep. Her Visa Got Cancelled.

The Horror.

If that wasn't petty enough, we were constantly bombarded with her insecure pathetic thoughts, of being jealous of all her hot and pregnant friends.

The rest of the characters weren't that better, in fact, all the characters got under my skin.

The Cast:

Angela- Our insecure heroine, who blabbers about her incompete
Luise
Jan 04, 2017 Luise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aaah well, I didn't want to read this book, as I was a little annoyed by Angela in the previous parts and the combo of her + Vegas didn't sound too promosing. So this was kind of 'grit your teeth and get to it' decision in order to finish this series.

It started off embarrassing as always, but fortunately I seem to have become hardened against this and it wasn't too awful to read. So the cringe-o-meter was more or less fine for the first half, I guess. At least until Angela decides that it might
Rosie
Dec 06, 2011 Rosie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2011
This is the fourth installment in the I Heart Series. If you’ve never read the I Heart… series before it follows the life of Angela Clark, with her rockstar boyfriend (Alex) and outrageous best friend Jenny Lopez (no, not that Jenny Lopez). As I’ve read the other three books I had a feeling that I knew what was going to happen in this book. For the Angela and Alex storyline I was right, it doesn’t bother me that the stories are predictable… The thing that bothers me is one Miss Angela. With Chic ...more
Eti
Oct 24, 2014 Eti rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
You can read the full review here

I followed these hearties for 3 years, I mean I read the first book when I was 15 year old and the last time I read one of these I was 17(I heart Vegas,the last installment that I read).

Okay so a secret, I call these books my guilty pleasure, when ever in my teenage years I needed a enjoyable escapist reading these books helped me. And this series did start with a bang!(I mean it!).

You know what I liked about these book that they kept me hooked up with the story,
Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic)
Dec 28, 2014 Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who love cheesy romance and travel.
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
description
This review was originally published on Blogs of a Bookaholic.

Escapism encapsulated in an entertaining 330 page book.
I Heart Vegas is the 4th book in Lindsey Kelk’s I Heart series that follows a British blogger who moves to New York City after catching her fiancé cheating. In this installment, Angela is having visa problems of the serious variety and faces the possibility of being deported. But instead of facing the reality of the situation, she takes a trip to Vegas with her best friend and boy
Rea Cobb
Dec 26, 2011 Rea Cobb rated it it was amazing
Ok for any of you who find the word beginning with C associated with women’s fiction books close your eyes now!! This series has to be one of the best Chick Lit series I have ever read! I even go as far as to say I prefer the I Heart series to the Shopaholic series as the characters seem a little more down to earth.

I Heart Vegas is Lindsey Kelks latest release and it really doesn’t disappoint. If you are an I Heart fan then this book should be the next on your to be read list. Angela is back and
Jul 09, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Oh Angela. I have such a love/hate relationship with the main character in this series - as I think a lot of people do. After being infuriated in the last two books, I was hesitant to read this one, but I have this need to know where the series is going.

The book was better than others, but still not the best. I'm not sure if I just forgot the secondary characters in Jenny's life from other books, or if they were just thrown into this book in the haphazard way that I felt they were. I spent the
Love Fool
Nov 10, 2015 Love Fool rated it liked it
If I could I would give this 3.5 stars.

I'm really disappointed in this series. I read book 5 first and really enjoyed it then started reading the series from the beginning and they didn
Rachel Burton
May 31, 2012 Rachel Burton rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, kindle, 2012
SometimesI wonder why I persist in this series. Probably for completeness. Or in a hope Angela will grow up. Or because I have a soft spot for Angela, who kind of reminds me of me....but Angela love; try not to get so drunk all the time. It makes life easier believe me. :)
Lydia Laceby
Originally reviewed at Novel Escapes

I adore Lindsey Kelk’s novels and I Heart Vegas is no exception. In fact, it might even have vaulted into my favourite of the I Heart Series. Full of Vegas drama in typical Angela style, I laughed out loud and even shed a few tears with this one right along with Angela’s ups and downs.

Angela Clark is back with all her antics, insecurities and amusing decisions. For some reason, her plight in I Heart Vegas felt the most real to me - perhaps why I connected wi
Chelsey
Sep 17, 2012 Chelsey rated it it was amazing
I think I have loved this book the best of the whole series.
Every reader is looking for that happy, fairy tale ending and this book truly delivered!

It still pisses me off that Angela doesn't communicate with Alex about what's going on. I mean, if I was given a deportation notice, I wouldn't shut up about it! And I certainly wouldn't keep it from the love of my life.
But, the whole deportation secrecy made for some interesting fight scenes with Alex later, which proved very entertaining.

I thin
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Dec 16, 2014 Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic) rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Published: 08/12/2011
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Recommended for: fan's of chick lit

This is another brilliant addition to the 'I Heart' series written by the brilliant and talented Lindsey Kelk. This novel brings Angela Clark to the fun setting of Vegas, she is join in this book by her best friend Jenny Lopez and the wonderful Alex Reid.

This is just the most perfect book if you need a 'pick me up', it is fun, sweet, cute, lighthearted, uplifting and...perfect! I love all the books in this series they a
Beth Shapeero
Dec 29, 2011 Beth Shapeero rated it it was ok
I chose ‘I Heart Vegas’ to inaugurate my Christmas gift Kindle because I wanted something nice and easy to fall into while I got to grips with the new medium and the cover screams ‘this book is for people who don’t think about anything’. I was initially quite pleased, I am quite clearly the target audience for a book like this, I got all of the (very up to date) references and I am an English girl in love with NYC and Vegas much like the protagonist. The fact that the straightforward narrative i ...more
Helena
Apr 09, 2013 Helena rated it liked it
Kimbie
Jul 16, 2012 Kimbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-series
After taking a longer time than expected to finish my last book, Fifty Shades Freed, Lindsey Kelk is more than a pleasant change. Her British humor made me giggle various times. Again as to the previous books I read from her, an easy-going, fun-reading witty book full of crazy adventure of the ever loving Angela Clark who never seems to run out of luck. Looking forward to I Heart London, heartbreaking it is the last one though..
Zoe
Apr 20, 2012 Zoe rated it really liked it
I do love Lindsey Kelks writing very funny a bit of a Sophie Kinsella style.
She like Kinsella writes characters that do scarily remind me a bit of me.
I love the I heart series and cannot wait for the next of the best city ever I Heart London.
Alexandra
Mar 29, 2015 Alexandra rated it it was amazing
I love these books and have read all in the series. Sometimes the antics of Angela make me want to shake her. She never seems to learn from her mistakes. Having said that I just want to keep reading to see what Angela gets up to next.
Lalai
Sep 29, 2016 Lalai rated it it was amazing
Sometimes we say something so stupid as our initial defense just in case we get hurt by our loved ones. After reading this book, I told my husband to tell me to shut up if everything I say sounds offensive and then ask me to recompose my statement to clear things up.
Lindsey
Jun 24, 2013 Lindsey rated it it was ok
This series is getting a little repetitive. Girls gets super drunk rather than deal with her problems and messes up her relationship. Wakes up the next morning and feels bad, proceeds to do the same stupid things all over again.
Kaisla
Sep 29, 2014 Kaisla rated it it was amazing
I just love these I Heart books! They're just so hilarious and amazing!
Steffi
Aug 30, 2011 Steffi rated it it was amazing
I am just loving these books
Louise
Mar 29, 2015 Louise rated it it was amazing
I love this series and this one is just as fab! Makes me want to go to America even more!!
Elaine
Jul 17, 2016 Elaine rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 3-stars
It started off really funny but had a disappointing ending. It wasn't as great as I Heart Paris or I Heart New York but still an ok chik lit read.
Lisa
Aug 03, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-series, 4-stars
  • It Started With A Kiss
  • All The Single Ladies
  • One Perfect Summer (One Perfect #1)
  • Breakfast at Darcy's
  • New York Valentine (Annie Valentine, #5)
  • (Un)like a Virgin
  • Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
  • Here Come the Girls
  • Summer Daydreams
Bestselling British author based in Los Angeles. Lover of books, watcher of wrestling, wearer of lipstick. Karaoke enthusiast and cat wrangler. Lindsey is the author of twelve novels, including the bestselling I Heart series, About a Girl, The Single Girl’s To-Do List and Always the Bridesmaid.
More about Lindsey Kelk...

I Heart (6 books)
  • I Heart New York (I Heart, #1)
  • I Heart Hollywood (I Heart, #2)
  • I Heart Paris (I Heart, #3)
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • I Heart Christmas (I Heart, #6)

“but Alex's last girlfriend? now there was a female human being who had worked hard to deserve her given moniker. As far as i was concerned, she was going to that special circle of hell reserved for Hitler, Jusin Bieber and the man who invented high-waisted jeans.” 8 likes
“Maybe I should just throw myself in the canyon. Oprah isn't on TV anymore, I saw the last Harry Potter movie. What is there to live for?' I tried really hard to think of something helpful.
'We still haven't seen the last Twilight film?'
'I read the book. They all die.'
'Really?'