Start by marking “The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight” as Want to Read:
The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight

The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  298 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
From the team that brought you SparkPeople.com, America’s #1 weight-loss and fitness site, and the New York Times bestseller The Spark, comes The SparkPeople Cookbook. This practical yet inspirational guide, which is based on the same easy, real-world principles as the SparkPeople program, takes the guesswork out of making delicious, healthy meals and losing weight—once a ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Hay House

To ask other readers questions about The Sparkpeople Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sparkpeople Cookbook

Donna
Jun 18, 2011 Donna rated it it was amazing
Cookbooks can be a lot of fun and this one is no exception. Spark People is an organization that helps people lead healthier lives by promoting good eating habits and exercise. Nothing new, right? Well, I found some new ideas and think you will too. The book begins with tips and tricks as well as the success stories of real people. The Get Ready section helps you find out how to be a satisfied, sustained, and stress free diner. The Get Cooking section helps you prepare for cooking not only with ...more
Diane
Mar 22, 2012 Diane rated it really liked it
I had never heard of SparkPeople.com when I received their cookbook for review. The introduction tells the fascinating story of the origins of SparkPeople, beginning with their first book, The Spark: The 28-Day Breakthrough Plan for Losing Weight, Getting Fit and Transforming Your Life.

That led to SparkPeople.com, helping people lose weight and eat healthier through "10-minute bursts of fitness, small goals set along the way to achieve larger ones, a tight-knit network to offer support, and hea
Darren
Apr 29, 2013 Darren rated it really liked it
It is always pleasing to see a a big, fat cookbook that aims to help you lose weight - it just feels right in an irrational, hard-to-explain way. And this is a b-i-g book!

SparkPeople is a major U.S.-based weight-loss and fitness website and this book offers up over 160 different recipes built on "real-food, generous portions and great flavours" principles. The central chain of thought is that if you have recipes that you enjoy, that use everyday ingredients and do not require you be chained to t
Tonia
Jan 10, 2012 Tonia rated it it was amazing
I joined a book club when I was a teenager and one of the "free" books I got was Joy of Cooking, which I still use today. I loved it because it gave instructions and tips on how to choose the best ingredients and how to create great meals with them.

This book is a lot like that one, with a big emphasis on healthy living and eating. It's so much more than a cookbook. The recipes themselves don't start until Chapter 4 and up until then, the book explains the importance of eating REAL foods as often
Elle
Apr 16, 2013 Elle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This cookbook gives a lot of useful healthy information in between the recipes. I know there are some recipes that I would not like, but I never expect to like every single recipe in any cookbook. I would definitely recommend checking out this cookbook.

I actually own the Kindle version of this cookbook, but I borrowed it from the public library so that I could page through the physical book and write down the pages of the recipes that I would like to try.
Kat
Dec 06, 2011 Kat rated it it was ok
Was looking forward to this because I need to lose weight and I'm a fan of the SparkPeople website. I was disappointed in this because I'm VERY visual (as are many people when it comes to food) and the #1 reason I got this is because I tend to only make recipes I find that have photos. But this book barely had any photos. Hopefully in the future they will correct that...

In the end I found only 4 possible recipes that I would make in this.
Reanna
Dec 08, 2011 Reanna rated it it was amazing
I've made a lot of meals based on the SP website recipes and have found the ones provided in this book just as tasty. The added bonus of having the book vs. Just the website...the book is handy,& contains just as many useful ideas, tips, tricks, suggestions, and motivational stories. This cookbook will be replacing the position of glory my Betty Crocker cookbook has held next to my stove.
Caytie Chaos
Jan 08, 2012 Caytie Chaos rated it really liked it
Another diet/lifestyle book among the many I have read. Perhaps it is time to stop reading and time to go for a walk!!! I liked the approach of this book to lifestyle changes. I especially liked the food serving description. Like hard cheese is a pair of dice....I have been measuring more like a deck of cards. So going to give it a go and maybe drop a few :)
Carolyn
Sep 26, 2012 Carolyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: reference, cookbook
I was disapponted with the recipes. This was suprising as I am a devotee of the website www.sparkpeople.com and use it daily. I do like the other information in the book which was VERY helpful. For example, it gave a guideline on how many calories per meal/snack for a 1500 calorie day.
Kira
Oct 28, 2012 Kira rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in eating good, simple, healthy food.
Recommended to Kira by: SparkPeople website
Shelves: cookbook, health
Lots of good, basic recipes made with real ingredients. Best of all, every recipe has nutritional information. If you use the SparkPeople website, the recipes are already in their nutrition tracker, which is very convenient.
Miranda Lynn
Jan 17, 2013 Miranda Lynn rated it it was amazing
One of the best cookbooks I've read! Great recipes and really good information about how to lose weight. I love how low-calorie Chef Meg was able to make these recipes. I can't wait to try so many of them out!
Victoria
Jan 03, 2012 Victoria rated it really liked it
I have sat with this cookbook for the past three hours. The majority of the recipes are easy. The ingredients are easy to find, which is great. I will be trying a lot of them.
Cherish
Sep 01, 2012 Cherish rated it it was amazing
This book is a great tool for those wanting to eat healthier or for counting calories. I found so many recipes! LOVED it! Has great tips too.
Amyrovi
Jul 09, 2012 Amyrovi rated it really liked it
I like this cook book and use it often. It's well written, & easy to follow. I tend to add a but more seasoning to a few recipes though.
Amanda
Feb 21, 2012 Amanda added it
Shelves: kindle
Brand new from my favorite healthy website! Can't wait to try some of these out. :)
Jaavalo Juha
Oct 18, 2011 Jaavalo Juha rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Excellent cooking book
Brenda Wilken
Brenda Wilken rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2016
KJacob
KJacob rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Swagatika Mohanty
Swagatika Mohanty rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Marla
Marla marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Anie
Anie marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Lois Kavanagh
Lois Kavanagh rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2016
Cindy Bagot
Cindy Bagot rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Bridget Pekah
Bridget Pekah rated it it was amazing
Corrie Side
Corrie Side rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Jamina
Jamina rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Jeana Black
Jeana Black rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
  • The Spark: The 28-Day Breakthrough Plan for Losing Weight, Getting Fit, and Transforming Your Life
  • Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Top Pot Hand-Forged Doughnuts: Secrets and Recipes for the Home Baker
  • Frozen Assets: Cook for a Day, Eat for a Month
  • You Need A Budget
  • 365 Days of Slow-Cooking
  • Little Red in the City
  • Cooking for Isaiah: Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Recipes for Easy Delicious Meals
  • Hungry Girl Happy Hour: 75 Recipes for Amazingly Fantastic Guilt-Free Cocktails and Party Foods
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
  • Colin Firth: The Man Who Would Be King
  • The Doctor's Diet Cookbook: Tasty Meals for a Lifetime of Vibrant Health and Weight Loss Maintenance
  • Flat Belly Diet! Cookbook: 200 New MUFA Recipes
  • Eat What You Love: More Than 300 Incredible Recipes Low in Sugar, Fat, and Calories
  • Easy Chinese Recipes: Family Favorites From Dim Sum to Kung Pao
  • Cider
  • Food Network Magazine 1,000 Easy Recipes: Super Fun Food for Every Day

“1¼ cups per serving 25 Minutes to Prepare and Cook 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast 2 tbsp chopped walnut halves 1 cup red grapes, seedless, sliced in half lengthwise 1 cup celery, finely sliced 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced into cubes For the Dressing: 2 tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise 2 tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt 1 tbsp lemon juice” 0 likes