Start by marking “Ruthless” as Want to Read:
Ruthless

Ruthless

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  14 reviews
An Essence-bestselling author skillfully weaves a modern-day retelling of thestory of David and Bathsheba in this torrid and tragic tale.
Published January 1st 2012 by Urban Books

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruthless

Barbara Morgan
Ruthless by Sheila M. Goss
Genre: Christian Fiction

Rating: 5.0 Stars

RUTHLESS by author Shelia Goss is a modern version of David and Bathsheba. This
book is Christian fiction filled with deceit, secrets, and surprises.

David King is a renowned business mogul and appreciates the “finest” things in
life. He is known for his power and success in the business world…but not so
much for being ruthless. Although he is well respected by his friends, business
associates, and his staff, David goes to great...more
Title: Ruthless by Shelia Goss
Amazon: 5 stars
5 Mosaic Stones

Heading: How Far Will You Go?

The second book Shelia Goss has written, where the main characters are from the Bible, is Ruthless. The first was Delilah; which left me with my mouth hanging wide open at the end. I could not wait to find out what happened to her, but Delilah was not the main character in this new book. Bathsheba “Sheba” Richards, a sophisticated, sexy nurse is married to Uriah Richards, who is trying to give her everything...more
Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne
This book makes you see inside yourself as well as the characters. Goss does a great job when it comes to creating three-dimensional characters that you can relate to. But they also challenge you because no one is what they seem.

The male characters were my favorite in the whole book. I loved David because I have a thing for villains or bad boys. David wasn't necessarily bad but he does all he can to get what he wants including going behind his friend and faithful employee, Uriah's back and tryin...more
Literary Wonders
Date: 7/3/11
Title: Ruthless
Author: Shelia M. Goss
ISBN 10: 1601628145
Pages: 263
Publisher: Urban Christian
Cover: Electronic Uncorrected Proof
Reviewer: Yolanda M. Johnson-Bryant– Literary Wonders!
Rating: 5 Stars

Uriah and Bathsheba Richards are a loving couple residing in Shreveport, Louisiana. Uriah is lucky to have Bathsheba and would do anything to keep her happy, including working hard for media mogul David King. Uriah’s is to get Bathsheba the house of her dreams and to pay for her frequent r...more
I may have been turned off by the similarity with David and Bathsheba in the Bible which was an upadated today's version. The plot line did not deal with the material obsession of Sheba which was not dealed with which in my opinion is one which many females struggle with to the point of maximizing their accounts and the suffering of the families as the result of this addiction. But it is a easy read and for pure enjoyment it meets the intent.
Adrienna
I wondered what happened to Delilah from the first Christian fiction novel written by Shelia Goss but she has a cameo appearance in this novel too. Surprised with Delilah's relationship with Bathsheba, the main character in this novel aside from her husband Uriah, and fatal attraction with David King.

Side note: I loved David's biblical story and wondered how the author would interweave it in the modern-day story as Goss proposes.

I always wondered how Bathsheba (Sheba) would give into David if...more
Lady Krystal
It didn't take me long to finish this book at all. I don't usually like re-tellings of bible stories, but this one was really good. The author did a great job in keeping with the original story of David & Bathsheba. In reference to the intimacy of the couple, the author did a great job of making this a "gunk free" book (that's always something that I look for in Christian literature); she made it so that we knew what was going on without going into messy details.I did think that towards the...more
LaToya
I just finished reading this book as our November book club pick. Ruthless is a great book and a quick read. I liked the modern day retelling of the biblical story of David and Bathsheba. My favorite character in the story was David's friend Nathan, who served as his moral compass. Author Shelia Goss is also a great friend to our library, and we love working with her.
Kimberly
This was a great story based on the story of King David from the Bible. Some of things I knew where coming and then there were times during the story you just didn't see it coming.
Jm Brown
Ms. Shelia Goss has done it again. This a great story about love, lust, greed, and betrayal. This is an enjoyable read. I look forward to reading more books from this arthur.
Lawrence
This was a great book and I really love how the author used the real characters from the bible. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves Christian fiction.
Ellowyn
this was a great book. The author did a great job with keeping your attention and making you want to keep reading to see what happens next. Great job Sheila!
Sharon
Ruthless....having no pity, merciless, cruel. Read Sheila Goss's book Ruthless to see what I'm talking about.
Gwen
A fast paced book based on Biblical characters with lifelike characters.
Loni
Loni added it
Sep 26, 2014
Sheniah Cottman
Sheniah Cottman marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Tammy
Tammy is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
Tina Mcgee
Tina Mcgee marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Tru Essync
Tru Essync marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
SittinPretty
SittinPretty marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
Shon
Shon marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Meks
Meks marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Mirrlees
Mirrlees marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Shelia M. Goss is a national best-selling author and a 2012 Emma Award Finalist. She has over thirteen books in print and over seven books as ebooks. She writes in multiple genres: Christian fiction, romance, women’s fiction, suspense, and young adult. USA Today says, “Goss has an easy, flowing style with her prose…”

She also writes under the pen name Sparkle and has a new young adult series: The S...more
More about Shelia M. Goss...
Love Unexpected Delilah My Invisible Husband The Joneses The Ultimate Test (Lip Gloss Chronicles, #1)