Start by marking “Ruthless” as Want to Read:
Ruthless

Ruthless

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
An Essence-bestselling author skillfully weaves a modern-day retelling of thestory of David and Bathsheba in this torrid and tragic tale.
Published January 1st 2012 by Urban Books

To ask other readers questions about Ruthless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruthless

Barbara Morgan
Oct 14, 2011 Barbara Morgan rated it it was amazing
Ruthless by Sheila M. Goss
Genre: Christian Fiction

Rating: 5.0 Stars

RUTHLESS by author Shelia Goss is a modern version of David and Bathsheba. This
book is Christian fiction filled with deceit, secrets, and surprises.

David King is a renowned business mogul and appreciates the “finest” things in
life. He is known for his power and success in the business world…but not so
much for being ruthless. Although he is well respected by his friends, business
associates, and his staff, David goes to great
Tazzyt2bossye
Oct 30, 2015 Tazzyt2bossye rated it liked it
A modern day rendition of King David & Bathsheba's adulterous relationship. The author stayed on course with the storyline mirroring actions but I never felt a true connection or any depth to the characters. The emotions were painted but never exhibited in authenticity.

Rachel
Jan 25, 2015 Rachel rated it it was ok
Very boring. Very slow read. Modern day spin on the story of King David and Bathsheba. It just did not keep me wanting more.
Michael Bell
Jun 02, 2016 Michael Bell rated it liked it
I think the book is not named correctly. I wouldn't say that one of the main characters is ruthless. He was a successful businessman with two failed marriages to his credit. He coveted another man's wife and sent him to Afghanistan to then work on seducing his wife. David and Bathsheba. Uriah was just the unfortunate husband in the way. David King quoted scripture and even had a spiritual advisor who told him to stay away from Sheba. He followed not the Bible or the advice. It was a quick read b ...more
Jun 24, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Title: Ruthless by Shelia Goss
Amazon: 5 stars
5 Mosaic Stones

Heading: How Far Will You Go?

The second book Shelia Goss has written, where the main characters are from the Bible, is Ruthless. The first was Delilah; which left me with my mouth hanging wide open at the end. I could not wait to find out what happened to her, but Delilah was not the main character in this new book. Bathsheba “Sheba” Richards, a sophisticated, sexy nurse is married to Uriah Richards, who is trying to give her everything
Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne
Apr 07, 2012 Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne rated it it was amazing
This book makes you see inside yourself as well as the characters. Goss does a great job when it comes to creating three-dimensional characters that you can relate to. But they also challenge you because no one is what they seem.

The male characters were my favorite in the whole book. I loved David because I have a thing for villains or bad boys. David wasn't necessarily bad but he does all he can to get what he wants including going behind his friend and faithful employee, Uriah's back and tryin
Literary Wonders
ISBN 10: 1601628145
Pages: 263
Publisher: Urban Christian
Cover: Electronic Uncorrected Proof
Reviewer: Yolanda M. Johnson-Bryant– Literary Wonders!
Rating: 5 Stars

Uriah and Bathsheba Richards are a loving couple residing in Shreveport, Louisiana. Uriah is lucky to have Bathsheba and would do anything to keep her happy, including working hard for media mogul David King. Uriah’s is to get Bathsheba the house of her dreams and to pay for her frequent r
Mar 25, 2014 Laura rated it it was ok
I may have been turned off by the similarity with David and Bathsheba in the Bible which was an upadated today's version. The plot line did not deal with the material obsession of Sheba which was not dealed with which in my opinion is one which many females struggle with to the point of maximizing their accounts and the suffering of the families as the result of this addiction. But it is a easy read and for pure enjoyment it meets the intent.
Adrienna
Apr 10, 2012 Adrienna rated it really liked it
I wondered what happened to Delilah from the first Christian fiction novel written by Shelia Goss but she has a cameo appearance in this novel too. Surprised with Delilah's relationship with Bathsheba, the main character in this novel aside from her husband Uriah, and fatal attraction with David King.

Side note: I loved David's biblical story and wondered how the author would interweave it in the modern-day story as Goss proposes.

I always wondered how Bathsheba (Sheba) would give into David if
Lady Krystal
Aug 22, 2014 Lady Krystal rated it really liked it
It didn't take me long to finish this book at all. I don't usually like re-tellings of bible stories, but this one was really good. The author did a great job in keeping with the original story of David & Bathsheba. In reference to the intimacy of the couple, the author did a great job of making this a "gunk free" book (that's always something that I look for in Christian literature); she made it so that we knew what was going on without going into messy details.I did think that towards the ...more
LaToya
Nov 12, 2012 LaToya rated it really liked it
I just finished reading this book as our November book club pick. Ruthless is a great book and a quick read. I liked the modern day retelling of the biblical story of David and Bathsheba. My favorite character in the story was David's friend Nathan, who served as his moral compass. Author Shelia Goss is also a great friend to our library, and we love working with her.
Kimberly
This was a great story based on the story of King David from the Bible. Some of things I knew where coming and then there were times during the story you just didn't see it coming.
Jm Brown
Jan 10, 2012 Jm Brown rated it it was amazing
Ms. Shelia Goss has done it again. This a great story about love, lust, greed, and betrayal. This is an enjoyable read. I look forward to reading more books from this arthur.
Lawrence
Apr 03, 2012 Lawrence rated it really liked it
This was a great book and I really love how the author used the real characters from the bible. I would recommend this book to anyone that loves Christian fiction.
Ellowyn
Jun 02, 2016 Ellowyn rated it it was amazing
this was a great book. The author did a great job with keeping your attention and making you want to keep reading to see what happens next. Great job Sheila!
Sharon
Jul 19, 2011 Sharon rated it really liked it
Ruthless....having no pity, merciless, cruel. Read Sheila Goss's book Ruthless to see what I'm talking about.
Gwen
May 08, 2012 Gwen rated it it was amazing
A fast paced book based on Biblical characters with lifelike characters.
Gerald
Gerald marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Destiny
Destiny marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Topeka
Topeka marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Godiva
Godiva rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
Nakia Lyde
Nakia Lyde marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Jacque
Jacque added it
Feb 15, 2016
Jasmen
Jasmen marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Angelia
Angelia rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jan 30, 2016
Tamika Gatewood
Tamika Gatewood marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Tee Haynes
Tee Haynes marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Marcia
Marcia added it
Jan 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shelia M. Goss is a national best-selling author and a 2012 Emma Award Finalist. She has over thirteen books in print and over seven books as ebooks. She writes in multiple genres: Christian fiction, romance, women’s fiction, suspense, and young adult. USA Today says, “Goss has an easy, flowing style with her prose…”

She also writes under the pen name Sparkle and has a new young adult series: The S
More about Shelia M. Goss...