Start by marking “Bound and Determined” as Want to Read:
Bound and Determined

Bound and Determined

The Quinn men have been kidnapping O’Malley women for eight hundred years, and when Sinead O’Malley finds herself upside down over her mortal enemy’s shoulder, his strong hand on her rear, she fights her response as hard as she fights him.

The damn men of the Quinn clan have been kidnapping the women of her family for nearly a millennium.

When Sinead O’Malley finds herself u
Published June 6th 2011 by Total-E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Bound and Determined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound and Determined

Heather in FL
So... this started out interesting enough. I have often wondered whether MMF could *not* be sexy, but this one just didn't do it for me.

I guess maybe I need to back up. Jack and Sinead belong to Irish families who have been feuding for 800 years. Jack's grandmother thinks it's time for the hatchet to be buried. There's also this family legend about a Banshee and curses and such. The belief is that when members of the two families finally marry for love (instead of the forced marriages from kidn
carol
Jun 25, 2015 carol rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adult and BDSM/erotica readers
Based on the premise of a past, ancient and historical family feud, laced with curses and supernatural consequences, one Jack Quinn pursues his life long enemy, Sinead O'Malley, to try and end this, by making or forcing Sinead to be his wife. Sinead is feisty and bratty and no easy submissive to be dominated. I enjoyed much of the story but had a few hesitations...Jack denies Sinead a safeword...not good really. Then in comes one man servant/submissive calle Logan at the end and Sinead just ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Her in-your-face T-shirt said it all: You’re not rich enough. Smart enough. Or man enough. Don’t even try. Let the games begin!

Sinead O’Malley is gorgeous, fiercely independent and a deeply passionate Irishwoman. She is bound and determined to live her own life, exactly the way she wants to, despite an eight hundred year old curse. And although, she’d like to believe there is no such thing as curses, it’s all just a moot point. Becau
Kathleen
Sep 12, 2012 Kathleen rated it liked it
I had a bit of a hard time rating this book. Flip flopping between two and three stars. I opted for three in the end.

Why?

I always like a good story with a strong alpha male as the romantic hero and Jack is just that, strong, alpha persona, and VERY male. He did it for me...

Sinead...umm, didn't really care one way or another about her. I didn't dislike her but I didn't particularly care for either.

Really though, the reason I didn't give this a higher rating had to do with the whole curse idea.
SassySami
May 14, 2012 SassySami rated it really liked it
Jack Quinn chases Sinead O'Malley across two continents to request her hand in marriage; they've never met, but Jack's grandmother believes that a match between these two can end a centuries-old curse. Sinead, having been raised to believe that all Quinn men are devils, resists her reaction to Jack and fights him for all she's worth. Her sharp tongue only inflames his desire and he is thrilled to discover her hidden submissive side, which is a perfect match for his Dominant nature. He whisks her ...more
Becca
I'm really wobbling between 3 and 4 stars on this one. I enjoyed the story, the characters, and the writing. The intimate scenes were very hot. However, this story skated a thin edge for me. Jack is arrogant and as Sinead puts it, the choices he offers are: his way and his way. Thanks to the internal dialog the relationship between Jack and Sinead is mostly believable and most of my objections are pretty picky. One is the safe word he won't allow her to use during punishment and the other is the ...more
Marion
Jul 18, 2013 Marion rated it it was ok
Shelves: bdsm
Jake Quinn comes across as a little unbalanced. He stalks Sinead O'Malley all across the country and ends up kidnapping her. He expects her to marry him to make his grandmother happy and to lift a curse. While she is under his control he fully expects her to be his sub. The way he treats her and talks to her is pretty disgusting. It would have been different if he would have shown some affection or respect for Sinead but whenever she talked back or he did not like her response he would use that ...more
Amber
Jul 18, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
Interesting story about Celtic curses and some moderate BDSM and M/M/F menage. Jack decides that the only way to break an 800 year curse is to marry Sinead, whose ancestors were a neighboring, somewhat feuding clan. Sinead is travelling through the US with a band, and Jack comes along to kidnap her and they return to their native land. Jack is a well established Dom, and Sinead knows she has submissive tendencies. She admits that Jack would be her perfect match if not for the long family history ...more
Georgiana Ostrander
This book was smoking hot I loved it. Jack and Sinead's family goes back 800 years and a curse is on the families. Jack and his grandmother think the only way to end the curse is for the two families to come together in marriage. Jack is determined to take Sinead as his wife even if he has to kidnap her. Sinead is very use to running her own life and feels no man can satisfy her. Then the fireworks begin. A great book you do not want to put down.
Kym
Sep 14, 2016 Kym rated it it was ok
I usually enjoy a good book by Cartwright but this was just not for me. It was beyond cheesy and so beneath anything i have read of hers. On so many levels i was just bored. The only good thing was the plot. It actually had potential to be a great story, maybe even the beginning of an amazing series.
Sherease Riley
Sep 14, 2016 Sherease Riley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Different but cute

Not what I'd expected but a good story nonetheless.
The bondage scenes were steamy and fit well within the story.
~Mel :)~
Mar 15, 2012 ~Mel :)~ rated it liked it
What is it about Sierra Cartwright's books? Mrs. Cartwright's books are always Wonderful, Steamy, Romantic, HOT, and LACKING! Doesn't seem like that last word would fit with the rest, but where Mrs. Cartwright's books are concerned (IMO) it always holds true. Her books snare your attention, they grip you and enthral you, and they ALWAYS leave you WANTING.

Bound and Determined was no different. It was SO HOT, I swear I need new batteries! Jack Quinn is a literary Irish WET DREAM!!! Sinead O'Malle
Lynette Ottley
Sep 07, 2016 Lynette Ottley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you do not succeed at first try, try and ...

Dom Jack Quinn is determined to catch and irrevocably bind Irish step dancer Sinead O'Malley to himself even though the Quinn and O'Malley clans have been feuding for eight hundred years. When he finds Sinead, after chasing her across two continents and through six USA cities he uses erotic BDSM skills to keep her close. Sinead is not a natural or trained submissive and fights every action Jack takes. The many twists and turns that the story takes w
lynn❤️lynn
Jul 23, 2014 lynn❤️lynn rated it really liked it
I loved this story.
I like the fact it's set in Ireland, this made a real change, along with the idea of the cursed clans. I felt that the sizzling passion between Jake and Sinead was awesome.
There were several phrases that were repeated at the start that I found rather annoying, and I was disappointed with the final coming together/ wedding. I just felt this was rushed. After everything we had seen and done with this couple, Jake had chased for so long and Sinead had been running and fighting
Vivian
Oct 18, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica-contemp
What is it about Irish characters and settings that suck me in every time besides the collective unconsciousness of my heritage--feisty. If there's one thing I like, its the portrayal of women, that they are strong without being cast in some "bitch" category. Sinead is just that--independent, driven, and feminine. The ability to fight and submit are not mutually exclusive. Of course, a man like Jack is the kind that makes you want to roll over for.

Bound and Determined is typical Cartwright fare
Timeforme
Main Characters:
Sinead O’Malley - An Irish musician touring the United States
Jack Quinn - An Irishman who is determined to marry Sinead to help his family escape an 800 year old curse

Synopsis:
The Quinn family was cursed about 800 years ago after one of the men kidnapped an O'Malley woman and forced her to marry him. Jack Quinn has learned that he can break the curse if he marries Sinead and gets her to submit to him. Sinead wants nothing to do with any Quin and especially Jack so that leaves him
Margaret
Jul 06, 2012 Margaret rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, erotic-fiction
I enjoy plot with my erotic fiction, so this made me quite happy. Sierra Cartwright had the perfect mix between a love story and building of a D/s relationship. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite Erotica authors.

Sinead is fighting against her desires to be with Jack Quinn because of a long standing family fued, even though he possesses every characteristic she is looking for in a partner. Jack is determined to break the long-standing curse and the only way for that to happen is by marryi
Kelly
This book has everything I love in a story. Stubborn characters, deep passion, a bit of the supernatural, and glorious sex. I love Sinead's character, so bold and brave. Jack is powerful and dominant in a natural way that is inviting and hard to resist. I wish the honeymoon had been included, that would have been a fantastic way to end the story. Logan was a surprising but welcome addition. I will definitely read this book again!!
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Blackravens Reviews
Aug 25, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
4.5 Ravens. Sierra Cartwright gives the reader a wonderful story in which all the characters are bound by something; some by history and family lore; or by fear of being constricted and confined; and some by what they learn about their sexual needs and responses. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Lee
Aug 25, 2016 Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The hottest book I've ever read

A reluctant heroine, a dirty talking Irish Dom and an ancestral curse--this book is a hot fantasy come true. I highlighted multiple passages to return to ;)
Ŧ ♥️Charlene
Oct 24, 2013 Ŧ ♥️Charlene rated it really liked it
I liked Jack and Sinead. I didn't like the addition of Logan. Normally that doesn't bother me, but in this case, it did. Logan was not needed in the story, it would gave been much better without him.
Tarah
Jan 14, 2013 Tarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
Story started off good but towards the end it was very rushed. I also felt that I really wasn't given the opportunity to "know" the characters or even what they looked like. It was just an ok story. 2.5 stars.
Beret
Aug 08, 2016 Beret rated it liked it
OK - if I'd connected that she wrote in the cherise sinclair anthology I probably wouldn't have purchased the book. It was alright but nothing special.
Sassy
May 17, 2012 Sassy rated it it was amazing
This was one very hot Alpha-Irishman. Enjoyed it very much and look forward to reading more from this author.
Lucy_nyu13
Sep 11, 2013 Lucy_nyu13 rated it did not like it
OMG!

I almost didn't finish this, but fortunately there wasn't so many pages to read, 'cause the whole thing was really boring and nothing to be excited about. What a waste of time _
Joyce Mohr
Nov 13, 2013 Joyce Mohr rated it it was amazing
This book was fast paced and I love every second of it. I didn't want to stop reading it. The chemistry between the main characters was amazing.
Girlgeorge
May 14, 2012 Girlgeorge rated it it was ok
Shelves: over-21, menage, dom-sub
Wow. This one just soooo didn't do anything for me. Characters were very flat and unbelievable...I did enjoy the Irish accents and brogue.
Katy Beth Mckee
Jun 16, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Shelves: menage-poly, erotic, bdsm
Nothing like trying to overcome 800 years of family fighting a curse to bring two people together. Of course their matched sexual needs didn't hurt either.
Texas
Sep 30, 2013 Texas rated it it was amazing
Jack Quinn and Sineah O'Malley break the curse
and too boot Jack has a manservant ..Shite!!!
hawtttness this book is
  • Ragged Edge (Body Masters, #1)
  • Light Switch
  • Sinful Treats (Club Velvet Ice, #1)
  • Purple Passion (Le Petit Mort #1)
  • Sodom and Detroit (Virtual Seduction, #1)
  • Owning Wednesday
  • Learning to Drown
  • Master Me (Cress Brothers #3)
  • In Debt to the Dom (Guilty Pleasures # 1)
  • Grace's Final Submission (Locks & Chains, #1)
  • No One But Madison
  • Seducing Olivia (Incognito, #1)
  • Graceful Submission (Graceful, #1)
  • Protégée (Freedom Bound, #1)
  • Play with Me
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
Sierra is a USA Today, International Best-Selling author who wrote her first book at age nine and hasn't stopped since.
Sierra invites you to share the complex journey of love and desire, of surrender and commitment.
Her own journey has taught her that trusting takes guts and courage, and her work is a celebration for everyone who is willing to take that risk.
More about Sierra Cartwright...