Start by marking “The Reunion” as Want to Read:
The Reunion

The Reunion

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Innes? Innes, it's Isabella. Isabella Velasco ... Don't ask me how I got hold of you ... We live quite close, you know, would you believe? God, you sound just the same. Just the same! ... I need to talk to you ... see you. Can you call me as soon as you can?

Innes Haldane, who as a teen was deemed out of control both physically and sexually, has made every attempt to put t

Published (first published September 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Reunion

Dana
The Reunion is a thriller about a group of adolescents who are inmates at an 'avant-garde' psychiatric facility. The teens include: Danny, a charming rapist, Carrie, a drug addicted beauty, Lydia, an obese girl with a tendency to commit arson, Alex, a foul-mouthed and aggressive bully, Simon, who has an awful mother, Isabella, seemingly normal with a completely abnormal family., and Innes, the newest member.

The story revolves around the present day and the year 1977 when these teens were in 'The
Jeremy Wood
very British. Very Dark. Very much a waste of time
Jasmine
The build up to the ending was far too long. I found myself mumbling something along the lines of "these kids better have done something utterly shocking and despicable if I'm going to read hundreds of pages of build up first". And they DID do something terrible, yet I feel unsatisfied with it, and the ending.
The chapters jumped from one characters thoughts to the next, but it wasn't smooth. Titled chapters with the character name would have been really helpful and made this book easier to read.
Bill Kupersmith
I give The Reunion three stars for being a good read, but just one star for representing reality - that averages out @ two stars. I still ponder the extent we should allow in fiction things that could never happen in real life before they become a fatal artistic flaw but here I found the police being so incompetent that the perpetrators got away with their crime impossible. There would have been a mammoth hue & cry after the victims. Their pictures would appear in every shop window & on ...more
Magdalene
Feb 14, 2015 Magdalene marked it as not-interesting-enough-to-complete  ·  review of another edition
The book started off with an interesting depth, but the prolonged suspense became rather dreary after awhile. The plot twisted so badly towards the middle, it was simply awful. I fast forwarded to what was so abominable, which confirmed my prior suspicions, and gave up on ever completing the book. The "terrible deed they committed decades ago" is something that does not need to be so graphically novelised, in my honest opinion. We read of it everyday in the papers.
Lynai
If you have been reading my posts for quite sometime, you already know that I am a fan of mystery/suspense stories. I love the chest-thumping, heart-stopping, and hand-trembling sensation brought about by suspense stories and I love making who-done-it guesses related to solving the mystery in a particular story. My love for mystery and suspense books started when I was in high school when Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys became popular readings amongst my friends and classmates.

Continue reading.
Mary Catherine
I have to be honest and say I don't remember much from this book. I started it at the beginning of 2010, maybe even the end of 2009 and only finished it now because I'm cleaning out my bookshelves and noticed I still had a chapter or two left to read. There are some intriguing moments and it is suspenseful but there were more moments that tended to drag on a bit. I won't rate it with stars only because I don't feel I have a good sense of the plot to do so.
Sofluid
It's a little difficult, at first, to get into the narrative style of this novel, which shifts from character to character (with additional report and diary documentation interspersed throughout), but once you sink into the story it becomes really quite gripping as you wait to find out the cause of the deaths in the group of former psychiatric unit "friends", and what really happened back when they were kids.
Nurture Waratah
The Reunion is unpredictable and intriguing. The plot, which jumps back and forth in time, is quite complex. The writing is gripping and easy to read, the characters engaging and realistic. This book will have you thinking long after you are finished reading.
Audrey
This kind of hurt to read, the prose was painful to get around. I kept reading for the clunkily preshadowed pay-off and yes, it was suitably shocking, but there was much too much preshadowing and characterisation of grotty characters. ick.
Julieanne Thompson
took too long to get to the point, the build up led to something predictable. I don't enjoy reading about child rape, sodomy and torture And I dont find it to be entertaining so it was not the right book for me.
Helga Baxter
It kept me interested even though I knew it was going to have a pretty disturbing ending. I was right!
Jess - The Tales Compendium
well written but disturbing storyline
Caroline Barr
Brilliant book guessed the ending
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
MM Suarez
MM Suarez marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Sue
Sue is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2015
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Tony Gardner
Tony Gardner marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Betrayal
  • Undone
  • Pay Off
  • The Color of Night
  • Living Proof (Charles Resnick, #7)
  • Angels Passing (DI Joe Faraday, #3)
  • Final Argument
  • Perfectly Pure and Good (Sarah Fortune, #2)
  • Closed Circle
  • Quiet as a Nun (Jemima Shore, #1)
  • French Kiss
  • Sea Fighter (Amanda Garrett, #3)
  • The Gypsy Madonna
  • The Revenge Of Captain Paine (A Pyke Mystery, #2)
  • Blood Atonement (Nigel Barnes #2)
  • The Pinocchio Syndrome
Reckoning The Burning The Dead Pool Arnie Avery Typography & Language in Everyday Life: Prescriptions and Practices