Start by marking “Life” as Want to Read:
Life

Life (Life Series #1)

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  303 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Hope Evans is an eccentric college student, born and raised in Miami's notorious Pork and Beans Projects. All her life, Hope has dreamed of becoming a lawyer and one day helping her people out of ghetto oppression.
By some uncanny fate, Hope meets the handsome thug, Life, in the midst of his desperate attempts to elude a massive police manhunt. Their brief encounter leads
Published January 8th 2006 by Triple Crown Publications (first published January 7th 2002)

Gloria Morris
Great read !

this is by far the best book I have ever read. I cried when Hope died,I felt I knew her personally.
Nicole
WOW! I loved this book. It grabbed my attention from page 1 and it was a wrap after that. I always try to be very very vague in my reveiws so that I won't spoil it for future readers soooooo what i'll say is this book will make you THINK. I can tell Leo did alot of research. He didn't just mention something he gave you details! So many words I had to stop and look up and I love that because it builds my vocabulary lol. Hope was a wonderful young woman who was strong despite the hand she was deal ...more
Tiarra
AMAZING

I knew it was something about Trina that I did not like. She was a snake all for self. I wish things could have turned out different for Hope she was a good person she just ended up with the wrong man. Marcus should have kept it real with her tho. I'm glad Life was able to beat the charges because I really liked him he was just trying to find a better way.
Stephanie
What was supposed to be another ordinary day for Hope Evans turns into a life changing experience. When she runs into drug dealer/fugitive, Life Thugstin (cringe), who's in the midst of a chaotic police chase and begs for her to help him with his escape from the cops, she does just that.

Hope is an aspiring law student who is already tormented by her own brother's imprisonment. Her decision to help Life, is a result of her anger towards "the system" and has dreams of one day in the future, helpin
Taisha Ryan
This was a great read, It captured my attention from the first page. The story actually turned out completely different from what I was expecting. Which is a good thing, it wasn't predictable at all. There was an authenticity that made the story gripping, and just reading I felt like I were in Life's and Hopes shoes. However, my only gripe with this story was the constant reference on "The White man". I understand the reality of the system and the inequality amongst blacks in society, economical ...more
Kamesha
Ladies, you have got to get this book. This book is a book that I will never forget. Every man and woman needs to read this book. It is a thiller and has a ending that you will never forget.
Telor
This book was very good. One of my favorites. It has great characters, a great plot, and it kept me interested. This book is a very good read.
Taz Will
This was a really sad story once I put aside Life's silly ways and just read it. I so wanted Hope to get the heck away from him because he was doing way too much and didn't care a thing about his own life let alone anyone else's. I was too shocked with the ending but when she walked in on her husband I kind of figured something like that was going to go down. I thought Life would've been the one to pick up something with all he was doing but that's exactly what life is. The ones that are out her ...more
Nikki
this was a very good book
Sherry
Life by Leo Sullivan, focuses Hope Evans a law student and Life a criminal. They meet briefly, have an affair and reunite years later. Hope is now a successful attorney and Life is now a drug kingpin. The story quickly became annoying with Hope and Life's non-stop complaining of the White man cause of the Black man oppression. At the same time; Life, a Black man, is robbing, assaulting and selling drugs to Blacks throughout the Black community. Furthermore, Life makes a deal with a crooked White ...more
Crystal
Whack ass book

This book was boring asks shell. Hate I wasted time reading it. I honestly kept turning pages to hurry up and get done. Glad I didn't pay one cent for this crap and read it for free through kindle unlimited.

All these people giving this book five stars is a damn lie, because this shit was not worth no five stars!!!

I wouldn't recommend this boring ass book to anyone. Story was all over the place. Just a mess.
Mamajay
Great book.

I really enjoyed this book. Leo Sullivan you did a great job. The characters Life and Hope was beautifully orchestrated. This book had some words in it that I had to find out the meaning very informative. Life was all that and Hope made a sister proud. This is a must read book it will have you thinking.
Mita Rhodes
See this book right here Leo, this is the true meaning of Urban Literature at it's best! Such a powerful read! To say I loved it would be an understatement! READERS, THIS IS DEFINITELY A GREAT READ, ONE YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS OUT ON! This is one of those stories that will forever be etched in your mind!
reneeNaDaBomb
Life

Five *****. Leo Sullivan is an amazing writer. Just pure talent! It's real LIFE blending the unknown mystery into the known. This is a BOOK worth reading from the major characters to the minor players in this story. Keep your pen to the paper, sir. Five ***** plus 5 *****...
Tynika Goldring
Life Lessons

I like that it left a positive message at the end of the story. The title of this book was perfect, the true meaning of life never seems to be understood until you are in jeopardy of losing your life...it's a great read.
denise
this thing called Life this book should be a movie..

wow this is a must read I could not but my kindle down my heart melt at some of the parts in this novel I couldn't believe the hell Life been through and how it all turned out please I need a part 3.
Makita Wilcox
I liked the fact that Life didn't do everything perfectly, but that he always found a way out of a situation. I kind of wished the book ended different, but it was very good. I will be looking for more books to read by this author.
Joshay
This book was about this guy named life he was on the run from the police when he ran into a mall. He begged this girl named faith to help him she was working at gap at the time. She helped him and told him she was going to a small town were she was goint to collage at. He begged her to let him go an she agreed. There he turned into a small drug dealer and brought his frineds from Miami down and got even bigger. He got cought between love and betreal. He had the descion to be trield by 12 or be ...more
Robin Perryman
Okay

This was slow getting started but towards the end, it got good. The ending was sad, I wasn't expecting what happened with hope though. I actually liked it but it comes to life at the end.
Tyvee
WORTH IT

This was a great book and I can't put it down what was my dislike was why hope had to die. And with her slept with life did he catch AIDS, also and hope it's a part 2 .
Carla
" Life Without Hope" by Leo Sullivan was a very deep and riveting novel. It is the story of Life Thugstin, a small time hustler with big plans. It is also the story of Hope Evans, a college student who is just trying to get by ,while trying to reach her dream of becoming a lawyer. One night of passion between the two leads to a lifetime of what if's.
Life without Hope explores some great subjects regarding African Americans and the Justice System. I read this book in about two and a half days. A
Kay
It was a good read a little dragged out happy with the ending i guess... But it will be interesting to see what book 2 will be about..
Lefty
This book is a hood classic!!!! you must go read this right here.
Keisha Scott
2nd Time Reading

Enjoyed this story even more than the first time. I wish Hope didn't have to die. Looking forward to part 2.
Alexis
It was good, no complaints, however I do wish the very short affair between Hope and Life in the beginning was a little bit longer. I thought that it was very clever too of the author to give the main characters names that relate to their situations. "Hope" was praying that she could beat Life's case and she always had hope of being the next successful black female lawyer. "Life" was hoping that he didn't have to do life in jail. Lol. Very cute. Overall pretty cool read.
Shmel Carter
excellent read
Rachel
I wish I could give this book more than 4 stars. Leo Sullivan can write. He is that good.
Very passionate story. Full of drama, suspense, realism, politics, and social awareness.
I am now a Leo Sullivan fan. Triple Crown Publications has some very talented writers.
once I see the triple crown I know I got to read it.
Saysha Wilson
I'll be honest and say it took me reading about 120 pages for this book to be good, but once it got good..it was GOOD! Highly recommended to patient book lovers!
Valerie
Recommended by my favorite urban writer, David Weaver. Author of A Love Story I and II, Bankroll Squad 1,2,and 3!!!
  • In Cahootz: Sequel to Hoodwinked
  • Ghetto Superstar
  • A Love Story
  • Pitbulls In A Skirt
  • Where There's Smoke
  • Deadly Reigns (Deadly Reigns #1)
  • Keyshia and Clyde
  • Shyt List 3: And a Child Shall Lead Them
  • A Hood Legend (Triple Crown Publications Presents)
  • Shameless Hoodwives
  • Rozalyn
  • Unzipped: An Urban Erotic Tale
  • Project Queen
  • Heist
Leo Sullivan is a versatile writer, with Urban Fiction being one of the many genres that he enjoys. In 2005, Leo Sullivan signed to Triple Crown Productions and took the urban literary world by storm with has mega hit, debut novel, Life (Life Without Hope). It has sold over a hundred thousand copies to date. It is still considered an urban street classic. His follow up novel, Gangster's B*tch, has ...more
More about Leo Sullivan...

Life Series (2 books)
  • Life 2: History Repeats Itself
Gangster's Daughter Part 1 A Gangsta's Bitch Part 1 Gangster's Daughter Part 2 Innocent Part 1 A Gangsta's Bitch Part 2

“It’s the woman that does not believe she can achieve her goals, thus she fails from the start.” 0 likes