Start by marking “Run Your First Marathon: The How-To Guide” as Want to Read:
Run Your First Marathon: The How-To Guide

Run Your First Marathon: The How-To Guide

2.5 of 5 stars 2.50  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews

Are you excited and also overwhelmed by the thought of running your first marathon? Download "Run Your First Marathon: The How-To Guide" - a Vook that blends thorough marathon tips and inspiration, leaving you ready to tackle your first marathon like a seasoned road runner.

This Vook serves as your interactive guide to training for your maiden marathon, from pre-training a

Published April 22nd 2011 by Vook Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Run Your First Marathon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Run Your First Marathon

Chelo Biggerstaff
Very simple introduction to marathons

Very simple introduction to marathons

I've only run one half-marathon and thought this would be a good introduction to moving up a step, but found it very simplistic. It appears to be the minimum of information possible to get you through a race. While all the information is good, there is no detail.

So, while I do recommend this as a starting point to a first marathon, be sure to read other, more in-depth books before starting.
Camille
Run Your First Marathon: The How-To Guide by Mark Moran

The premise of the book is very straightforward. A guide to how to run your first marathon.

It is a short, quick read.

I have to say, I am glad this was free. I would have been upset if I paid much for the book. Everything in the book is basically common sense (even to someone just starting running). There is no new information that I found particularly helpful, and the summary on most sites promises a lot more than the book actually contains.
Emily
Simple. Straightforward. Liked it.
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Jennifer Varnadore
Jennifer Varnadore marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Rob
Rob marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Tonja Westbrooks
Tonja Westbrooks marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Saban
Saban marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Darlene
Darlene marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Em
Em added it
Feb 09, 2012
Beckie
Beckie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Jul 26, 2011
D
D marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2011
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2011
Susanna Kornides
Susanna Kornides marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2011
Weird U.S.: Your Travel Guide to America's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets (Weird Travel Guides) Weird N.J.: Your Travel Guide to New Jersey's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets Weird N.J. Volume 2: Your Travel Guide to New Jersey's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets Weird California Weird U.S. The ODDyssey Continues (Weird Travel Guides)