American Horror

American Horror

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A collection of horror stories, featuring vampires, zombies, monsters, serial killers, and other creepy creatures of the night. Edited by introduced by bestselling author Scott Nicholson (The Red Church, Speed Dating with the Dead, Liquid Fear).

Stories by Joseph Nassise, Simon Wood, Maria Alexander, Nate Kenyon, Kealan Patrick Burke, Lisa Morton, Jeremy C. Shipp, and Joe M...more
Published June 6th 2011 by Haunted Computer Books

To ask other readers questions about American Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Horror

Charlene
I loved this short story collection of dark fiction. In all there are 8 stories by some wonderful authors: Kealan Patrick Burke, Simon Wood, and Joe McKinney among others.
My favorite was "Outside" by Kealan Patrick Burke. This was a tale worthy of the X Files or Twilight Zone. Freaky and creepy-just my thing.
My other favorites were: "The Sunseeker" by Simon Wood "Though Thy Lips Be Pale" by Maria Alexander. There is also an introduction by Scott Nicholson regarding the state of horror today. T...more
Carl J.
A mixed bag, June 2, 2012

I'm surrently reading a number of horror anthologies and collections. The cover of this one caught my eye and I recognized a couple names, Scott's among them. Nicholson claims in the beginning that he's the last of a dying breed. Right there I should've guessed there might be something amiss. I don't decry the claim, but I do the sentiment. I've read a ton of horror writers lately, most newly hatched, and I've read a lot of writing that claims to be horror and isn't. So...more
Jack
In the introduction, Scott Nicholson writes that, at least for a dark moment the Horror genre was dead. But he finishes his intro that it it alive and well, thanks in part to the indie writers. I think the Kindle and it's brethren, along with the availability of self publishing with Amazon (and others) helps keep these stories coming. I am happy!

This anthology of Horror shorts is very well done. Vampires, zombies and ghouls creep through the pages. Well written. I enjoyed all of them. The one a...more
Cyn
I'm not a huge fan of short stories, but I found this an enjoyable read (there was one particular entry, however, that still has me going 'huh'?). Looking forward to checking out Nicholson's other collaborative short story collections.
Cappy
Each short story in this anthology was literally "just ok". Wasn't bad for 99 cents though.
Sheri White
Not every story in this collection is awesome, but it's still a great collection to read.
Maria
Jun 30, 2014 Maria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Poeticdemise
Poeticdemise marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Maria Oliveira
Maria Oliveira marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Unsolved Mystery
Unsolved Mystery marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Olga
Olga marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Chino
Chino marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
João Martins
João Martins marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Hudson
Hudson marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2013
Britt's Kindle
Britt's Kindle marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Maryjane
Maryjane marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Joseph Nassise
Jul 18, 2013 Joseph Nassise added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: ebook-library
Bethaney
Bethaney marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
With more than 500,000 books sold worldwide, Scott Nicholson is an international bestselling thriller writer. He won the Writers of the Future Award in 1999 and was a Stoker Award finalist in 2003. His Fear series was published by Amazon's Thomas & Mercer imprint and 47North released the supernatural thriller McFALL.

He's also published a number of supernatural, paranormal, and fantasy books an...more
More about Scott Nicholson...
The Red Church (Sheriff Frank Littlefield, #1) Write Good or Die Speed Dating with the Dead Ashes Liquid Fear