Start by marking “American Horror” as Want to Read:
American Horror

American Horror

A collection of horror stories, featuring vampires, zombies, monsters, serial killers, and other creepy creatures of the night. Edited by introduced by bestselling author Scott Nicholson (The Red Church, Speed Dating with the Dead, Liquid Fear).

Stories by Joseph Nassise, Simon Wood, Maria Alexander, Nate Kenyon, Kealan Patrick Burke, Lisa Morton, Jeremy C. Shipp, and Joe M
Published June 6th 2011 by Haunted Computer Books

To ask other readers questions about American Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about American Horror

Char
Dec 12, 2011 Char rated it really liked it
I loved this short story collection of dark fiction. In all there are 8 stories by some wonderful authors: Kealan Patrick Burke, Simon Wood, and Joe McKinney among others.
My favorite was "Outside" by Kealan Patrick Burke. This was a tale worthy of the X Files or Twilight Zone. Freaky and creepy-just my thing.
My other favorites were: "The Sunseeker" by Simon Wood "Though Thy Lips Be Pale" by Maria Alexander. There is also an introduction by Scott Nicholson regarding the state of horror today. T
Carl J.
Jun 21, 2012 Carl J. rated it liked it
A mixed bag, June 2, 2012

I'm surrently reading a number of horror anthologies and collections. The cover of this one caught my eye and I recognized a couple names, Scott's among them. Nicholson claims in the beginning that he's the last of a dying breed. Right there I should've guessed there might be something amiss. I don't decry the claim, but I do the sentiment. I've read a ton of horror writers lately, most newly hatched, and I've read a lot of writing that claims to be horror and isn't. So
Jack
Nov 06, 2011 Jack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the introduction, Scott Nicholson writes that, at least for a dark moment the Horror genre was dead. But he finishes his intro that it it alive and well, thanks in part to the indie writers. I think the Kindle and it's brethren, along with the availability of self publishing with Amazon (and others) helps keep these stories coming. I am happy!

This anthology of Horror shorts is very well done. Vampires, zombies and ghouls creep through the pages. Well written. I enjoyed all of them. The one a
Cyn
Jun 02, 2012 Cyn rated it liked it
I'm not a huge fan of short stories, but I found this an enjoyable read (there was one particular entry, however, that still has me going 'huh'?). Looking forward to checking out Nicholson's other collaborative short story collections.
Rich Veramontes
Rich Veramontes rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2012
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Kirito Rubik Isaac
Dec 03, 2015 Kirito Rubik Isaac rated it it was amazing
It was too spooky for me but, I like it.
Maria
Jun 30, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sasha Ross
Sasha Ross rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Sheri White
Mar 11, 2012 Sheri White rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not every story in this collection is awesome, but it's still a great collection to read.
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2012
Eselink
Dec 04, 2015 Eselink rated it it was amazing
I love love this book is one of my favorites and I really hope that they get more parts
Andy Soria
Dec 07, 2015 Andy Soria rated it it was amazing
this book is really fun and creepy, I highly recommend it, nose bored reading
Cara
Cara rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2012
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2013
Carlos
Carlos rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
Joe
Aug 29, 2011 Joe rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Faith Ingle
Faith Ingle rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015
Maria
Jun 30, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shabaana
Shabaana rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2013
Efrain Diaz
Efrain Diaz rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Betty J Szabo
Betty J Szabo rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2015
Scott Nicholson
Oct 14, 2011 Scott Nicholson rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
UglyOldBat
UglyOldBat rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Katy
Katy rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2015
Rob
Jan 07, 2012 Rob rated it it was ok
Each short story in this anthology was literally "just ok". Wasn't bad for 99 cents though.
Amanda Jackson
Amanda Jackson rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Mab
Mab rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Candace Nola
Candace Nola rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2016
  • Fading Light: An Anthology of the Monstrous
  • Fog Heart
  • Vile Things: Extreme Deviations in Horror
  • Strange Angels
With more than 500,000 books sold worldwide, Scott Nicholson is an international bestselling thriller writer. He won the Writers of the Future Award in 1999 and was a Stoker Award finalist in 2003. His Fear series was published by Amazon's Thomas & Mercer imprint and 47North released the supernatural thriller McFALL.

He's also published a number of supernatural, paranormal, and fantasy books an
More about Scott Nicholson...

“EL CAZADOR By Lisa Morton This manuscript is not written in blood.” 0 likes