Start by marking “Tied with a Bow (Includes: Breeds, #25; World of the Lupi, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Tied with a Bow (Includes: Breeds, #25; World of the Lupi, #8.5)

Tied with a Bow (Breeds #25 (An Inconvenient Mate))

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  3,041 Ratings  ·  173 Reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh headlines an all-new paranormal romance anthology that turns up the holiday heat.

#1 New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh features the Breeds in her story.

New York Times bestselling author Virginia Kantra brings a haunting tale of a fallen angel.

USA Today bestselling author Eileen Wilks returns to the shapeshifing Lupi
Published November 1st 2011 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Tied with a Bow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tied with a Bow

Melindeeloo
Oct 19, 2011 Melindeeloo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do not let the cheesy cover, with the decapitated stubbly man torso and the strategicly placed bow, tempt you into passing on Tied with a Bow. If you do you will be missing out on a collection of stories both ultra spicy and sweet, and some tidbits from Lora Leigh's and Eileen Wilks' established series mixed in with some promising starts to series in brand new worlds from Virginia Kantra and Kimberly Frost.

The stories in the order that I read them...

Human Error by Eileen Wilks - World of the L
Sophia Triad
Dec 12, 2016 Sophia Triad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(The review is only for Lora Leigh’s story: An Inconvenient Mate)

Breeds 25
Coyote Breeds 3
Featured Couple: Malachi (Coyote) & Isabelle (Human)

This is a very important story for the Breeds’ fans. It is actually the beginning of a storyline that involves the search for a very significant rogue breed (Graeme or Gideon) who will have his story told in book “Bengal's Quest”. It is also the beginning of the end for Amber’s story line (Jonas’ daughter who needs to be cured). Her story started a few
Dee
Lora Leigh story only

I got this book because of Ms Leigh's edition to the Breed series. I have been a huge fan of the Breeds as soon as I read the first one and that carried throughout most of the series. However I had started to feel like the series was getting tired towards the end and that perhaps it was time to cut them lose but keep finding myself saying just one more this will be the last especially as I had thought that the last installment (Navarro's Promise) had improved from the prev
Melanie
Review for Lora Leigh's 'An Inconvenient Mate' only:

Normally I enjoy Leigh's 'Breeds' stories - especially the earlier ones - but lately the calibre of these super sexy books have been dropping and it's been awhile since I was truly excited or impressed. The last one that really rocked my world was Anya and Del-Rey's story in 'Coyote's Mate'. Tough-as-nails yet vulnerable heroine + hard and uncompromising alpha Coyote Breed + mating heat = HOT HOT HOT! That was it, the Coyote Breeds were officia
MelissaB
Ratings only for:

Virginia Kantra - 3* - Not a bad story, just not great

Lora Leigh - 4.25* - Short story but enjoyable to read. I still enjoy my Breeds!
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tale

Quick & Dirty: Four stories that will have you wishing for your own hot holidays.

Opening Sentence: The angel came down in the long gallery of the Conciergerie prison, the notorious antechamber to the guillotine.—Upon a Midnight Clear

The Review:

“Upon a Midnight Clear” by Virginia Kantra

A unique story about an angel named Lucien, who chooses to defy heaven itself to save the life of a young girl headed for the guillotine in 18th century France. For his sins,
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2011 Sandy S rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TIED WITH A BOW-New Release (Review)-posted November 22, 2011
Tied with a Bow, is a 4 story paranormal anthology from Lora Leigh, Virginia Kantra, Eileen Wilks and Kimberly Frost. Released November 1, 2011, three of the four storylines take place around the holidays, but not one is specific to the theme presented on the cover.

UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR by Virginia Kantra
This novella is a prequel to the Children of the Air series. Julien Hartwell, is an angel, assigned to earth to bring back the souls
Carolyn F.
Anthology. I can read about demons, aliens, vampires, serial killers, threesomes, shapeshifters, but I can't read about angels. I just have this block and a loud voice in my head yelling "NEXT!", so of course two of these stories are about angels. Since I won't read these stories, my rating was not affected by their deletion.

Of the two stories I read, I loved them and purchasing this book was worth it just for those two stories.

1. Upon a Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra. Not read.

2. First Ligh
Lisa (Fic Talk)
The first story was by an author I never heard of before, but surprisingly I enjoyed what she wrote. It was a historical piece about angels and the choices that they make and how it affects them. And of course... falling in love.
I'm not usually a fan of period pieces but this one was written rather well and it kept me glued to it til the very end.

However, the second story was not so great. An archangel who's allowed to marry and still be an angel?
Um, yeah right. I like happily ever afters as muc
Alisa
Oct 26, 2011 Alisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: breeds, 2011
VERY pleased with this book. Good story by Kantra.. Frost was good.. haven't read anything by her before.. Lora Leigh story was awesome.... Malachi... But honestly.. I REALLY hope I know who Ashley's mate is... Because if it is the person I think it is... It's gonna be balls to the wall .... And I can't wait...
Ann Lorz
I really enjoyed 2 of the four stories. I only read those two authors and even though I did try the other authors, one of the stories I felt lost in, like I was missing something. And the other one was just so-so. I did enjoy both of Kantra's and Leigh's stories. I only thing that kid of bugged me is that I didn't feel either one was that much a Christmas story.
Jacqueline
I read and enjoyed three of these stories. Couldn't get into the shifter story by Eileen Wilks probably because it starts with the couple already together and I felt like I was reading an epilogue full of way too many characters I didn't know. The two fallen angel stories were interesting and worth reading. The breeds story by Lora Leigh was pretty nice.
Jenn Scranton
Nov 13, 2012 Jenn Scranton rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I know what you're thinking! I need to stop reading these Christmas romance novels. I just get so excited with the idea and then... and then... they're just... stupid. Tied with a bow, no exception. Just...stupid.
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/11/26/...

Publisher: Berkley
Publish Date: November 1st
How I got this book: Review copy from publisher

I love the world of the Lupi, so when I received this anthology, I was super excited to read Wilks story in particular. The stories in order in the anthology:

Upon a Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra
I started to read this story and stopped after only about 20 pages. I’ve read some of Kantra’s stories in the past, and I’ve never been a fa
Kathy Davie
There are four stories in this anthology of romance that turns up the holiday heat.

Series:
"Human Error" (World of the Lupi, 8.5)
"An Inconvenient Mate" (Breeds, 24.5)
"First Light" (Etherlin, 1)

The Stories
Virginia Kantra's "Upon a Midnight Clear" is an historical romance some years after the French Revolution. A decision made by an angel to rescue a girl from Madame Guillotine results in his becoming Fallen although he later finds Aimée surviving as an unpaid drudge in her cousin's house when Luci
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Mar 22, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of erotic paranormal romance
[Those who think they've already read this review of mine, please note the addition in italics near the bottom.]

This was a solid 4.5 out of 5. I bought it for the Lora Leigh Breeds story, which I really liked. In addition, I'm going to have to start reading some of these other series, which is what the publisher hoped.

Virginia Kantra's Upon a Midnight Clear (Children of the Air) was a very nice story with a great plot and good characters. The setting in the 1790's did nothing for me, I prefer my
Marie Ealing
*This in only the review of Lora Leigh's Novella*

An Inconvenient Mate is the 25th book in this series; at this point you would think that I should be tired, and after Navarro’s Promise I almost quit; but my self-nagging personality made me go and buy Tied with a Bow, the anthology where you can find this novella, and give the series yet another chance. I’m glad I did it because this story is good, maybe not first-books good but at least good enough to keep me entertained.

The novella is about Mal
Darcy
Feb 24, 2011 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is only for stories by Lora Leigh, Eileen Wilks, and Kimberly Frost.

Leigh's story set in the breed world was a great one with Malachi, who we haven't seen too much before. I loved how he knew right away what was going on, but tried to put business first. I also loved how Isabelle stood up to her family for him. I think the new alliance will bring about some interesting things. My one big beef with this story is that this book is set after Lawe's Justice, but not numbered that way and
Victoria
Sep 09, 2011 Victoria rated it really liked it
Upon A Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra - It was just Ok to me. I skimmed the last half of the story, just to get through it. It could have been because I’m not a big fan of historicals. 2 Stars.

First Light by Kimberly Frost - I really enjoyed the characters, the plot and the world. This story is the prequel to Frost’s Etherlin series, and I’ve already preordered the first book, All That Bleeds. This is the first story that I’ve read by Frost, and I look forward to reading more from her. 4 Star
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Upon a Midnight Clear-

Had a hard time getting into this one. Not sure why since I liked her Children of the Sea series.

First Light-

Wasn't into this one either. I think it might be Frost's writing style. I read a different book I read by her (Would-Be Witch) and didn't care for it either.

Human Error-

I was lost. The Lupi series is one I haven't started, so I think that once I get around to that (it's on TBR, but I don't know when I'll get to it) series. I might come back to this.

An Inconvenient Ma
Lynsey A
This review is only based on the Lora Leigh story.

Nice edition to the breeds series but at times I got a bit confused on some of the characters. Probably just me and it didn't really take away from the story. Pretty decent for a short story. I actually did skim through some of the final sex scenes. For a short story it was a bit too much. At least IMO.

Future Slayer Girl
Oct 17, 2011 Future Slayer Girl rated it really liked it
Shelves: lora-leigh, breeds
I only read the Lora Leigh story. But I'm glad I did, I felt a bit confused through Lawe's Justice, and this made it all so much more clear. It is nice to have the couples not fight the mating so much. And I would LOVE to get more Gideon.
Vic
Nov 04, 2011 Vic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is for the Eileen Wilk's World of the Lupi short. I really enjoyed seeing Benedict and Arjenie again. They were off stage in Death Magic so it was nice to see how the relationship was growing and if her family would accept him.
AL
Apr 26, 2013 AL rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-it-done-it
An Inconvenient Mate – Lora Leigh was Malachi and Isabelle's! The minute it began, it was so entertaining! And we met the Breed they were looking for Gideon. Very interesting. Looking forward to get to know him!
B4Jay
Jan 18, 2015 B4Jay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Kathy
*~*Kolie*~*
Only read
Breeds 25
Coyote Breeds 3
Featured Couple: Malachi (Coyote) & Isabelle (Human)
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

Upon a Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra - 4 Stars
(Children of the Air - Prequel)

Historical paranormal romance about fallen angels! I found myself actually loving this story. Having never read this author before, I'm lucky this was a prequel to her series Children of the Air. Lucien is an angel who falls for the simple act of looking out for the wellbeing of the daughter of a dying woman. After his fall he doesn't have his memories of his time as an ange
Once Upon a Twilight
A good choice to enjoy while relaxing and unwinding in your favorite reading nook, good short novellas from your favorite authors to fill the gap to their next installments in the series.

Upon a Midnight Clear – Children of Air prequel – Virginia Kantra – 3 trees

A historical story where an angel falls after breaking the code and intervening with a dying mother making a promise to save her daughter. In his new form he finds her again as an adult, only to realize that she is the one that will make
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi extra)
  • Within the Flames (Dirk & Steele, #11)
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5)
  • First Blood (Includes: Laws Of The Blood, #5.5; Vegas Vampires, #5; Vampire Babylon, #3.5; The Guardians, #3.5)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.6; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more
More about Lora Leigh...

Breeds (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • The Breed Next Door (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #4)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Wolfe's Hope (Breeds,  #10; Wolf Breeds, #2)

“a grand explosion of culturally sanctioned greed. Presents, presents, presents.” 0 likes
“a grand explosion of culturally sanctioned greed. Presents, presents, presents. They” 0 likes