Start by marking “Top 10 Chicago” as Want to Read:
Top 10 Chicago

Top 10 Chicago

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Drawing on the same standards of accuracy as the acclaimed DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, DK Top 10 Chicago uses exciting photography and excellent cartography to provide a reliable and useful pocket-sized travel in "the windy city." Dozens of Top 10 lists provide vital information on each destination, as well as insider tips, from avoiding the crowds to finding out the free ...more
Published February 15th 2010 by Dorling Kindersley US (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Top 10 Chicago, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top 10 Chicago

Steven Peterson
I've reviewed several travel guides lately, a number from Eyewitness Travel. This is another useful guidebook. And since I am from Illinois originally and Chicago always beckoned as a terrific place to visit, I was most interested in how well this book satisfied. Well, to end any suspense as to my answer, it satisfied very well indeed.

The first part of the book provides background context on Chicago--from four suggested tours of Chicago to a brief history of the place and other introductory inf
Sonja Isaacson
I so love the TOP 10 series! My book is 10 years old, but for the most part it still works. This time we were only in Chicago for about 23 hours, and the girl just needed to run around more and not be forced into being quiet at the Art Institute. And the one kid just did not want to do the Aquarium/Planetarium/Field Museum. So basically we just hung out around Millennium Park most of the day taking pictures by statutes and ducking back between skyscrapers in search of Chicagoan food. However, th ...more
Alisa
This book is fabulous because it is a good balance of the well-known, the off-the-beaten path, and varying levels of in-depth and thumbnail information. Has good maps and is also purse size. This book is good for tourists and locals alike, though is certainly tailored to the adult crowd (very few kid-friendly suggestions, but then there are entire books dedicated to that for Chicago so it is fine).
Amy
This little guide was okay. You know, it's a little subjective to determine what's the best or most important things you want to see or do in any city. The information was helpful, and the map was great, but I'm glad I bought another guide to go along with it.

We spent ended up spending 3 weeks in Chicago, one in April and two in May and I needed to read up on the city and get a feel for it.
Melanie
This certainly wasn't a comprehensive guide book, but it gave a quick overview of the highlights of Chicago. It was fun to look at and get ideas. I then went on-line or used my Frommer's guide to get the much-needed details.
The map is the best part. It is laminated and folds so small that it can fit into a pocket. It includes both north, south, and Chicago city center along with a map of the CTA.
Stacy
Always enjoy this series and have read many books about other cities I have traveled to. Helps me plan out what I want to see and do.
Terry
superficial crap
ANY other guide is better
ugh!
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Russ
Russ is currently reading it
Oct 02, 2014
Carina28
Carina28 marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Terry
Terry added it
Sep 09, 2014
Tina Fowler
Tina Fowler marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Chicago: Chicago Chigago (Cartoville)