Start by marking “Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)” as Want to Read:
Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)

Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs #4)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,140 ratings  ·  89 reviews
Readers have fallen in love with Eternity Springs, the magical town in Emily March’s beloved series where something wonderful happens to hearts in need of healing.

Twenty years ago the town bad boy, Cam Murphy, left Eternity Springs in handcuffs, riding in the back of a sheriff’s van . . . and breaking young Sarah Reese’s heart. The defiant teenager vowed never to return.

In
Mass Market Paperback, 328 pages
Published December 27th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lover's Leap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover's Leap

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Apr 27, 2014 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy small towns, magical realism and don't mind mild heat
Release date 27 December 2011!!! *SQUEE!* *Waits a few weeks*
~*~*~*
8 Jan 2012 - *sniffles* To be reviewed...
~*~*~*
27 Jan 2012:
5 of 5 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

This book had one of my favourite quotes quoted in it:
"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love." ~ Washington Irving
It is no secre
Saly
H/h were secret lovers, he went to juvie for defending her(she didn't know that, that was the reason he beat up someone), sent her away when she told him she was preggers at 16 coz he was scared he would be like his drunk abusive father. He tried contacting her again ten years later, sent money, letters that were never returned so kind of reconciled himself to her not wanting any contact.

They run into each other when she comes on a trip with her daughter Lori to Oz, when she sees him with his so
Splage
Very good addition to this small town series. This series is similar to Virgin River (a big favorite of mine), but is focused on an wonderful group of women. I would highly recommend the books be read in order because the characters all have reoccurred as the series continues. I was excited to finally meet Cam Murphy, the father of Lori who is now in college and the love of Sarah's life.

Cam, the bad boy with bad family blood, left Eternity Springs as a teenager in handcuffs. He also left his "g
Booklover
I was eagerly waiting for this book -i am not disappointed by it,enjoyed it from pg 1 till the end,wonderful emotional second chance at love story,Cam-Sarah adored both of them,my heart went out towards them both suffered so much still both managed to stand on their feet.

Completely understood Lori's jealousy and rude behaviour towards Devin and Cam but i was disappointed by one thing way she went ahead and humiliated Sarah-Cam,she was really crass and crossed the line,fact that Sarah took it all
KatLynne
”There is sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief….and unspeakable love.”
---Washington Irving----

I really loved this book!

I am surprised because I didn't think I would! In my mind, I had already judged Cam Murphy and I didn’t think I’d like him. Yes, he’s gorgeous and sexy! But there were choices he made that I consider weak and unmanly. How can I love a book while not l
Anne OK
I think this may be my favorite so far in this series. The characters (including the kids) had much to overcome and history that isn't easily overlooked. They struggled together to come to a conclusion that worked for them all. I had been anxiously waiting this particular story since after reading Book One and it did not disappoint.
Danielle
When Sarah Reece’s boyfriend was escorted out of town in handcuffs twenty years before her heart broke into pieces. That wasn’t even the icing on the cake. Nope. The icing was when she told him that she was pregnant with his baby. The worst blow hit her when he said that her and the baby were a mistake. Although the strong Sarah never got over her love, she always did her best to raise Lori.

Winning a trip of a lifetime to the lush Australia is what the Mother and daughter team needed. This was
Michele
In the 4th book of this series based in a small Colorado mountain town, Eternity Springs, the theme of love - broken & restored - continues. This one surrounds Sarah Reese, a Eternity Springs native who has been a single mother ever since she was a teenager and her teenage boyfriend, Cam Murphy, is sent to juvenile prison for his part in a fight with resulting injuries.

When Sarah and her daughter are enjoying a dream trip to Australia, which they won in a contest in the prior book, they see
Kelly
Oh, this was my favorite of this series....it was wonderful! What a great storyline! This has got to be one of the greatest series....EVER! I knew the storyline of Sarah and Cam would be pretty intense, but it went above and beyone what I imagined! And this book contained one of my all time favorite moments....it occurred at the very end of Chapter 9!
Rupine
Do you ever truly leave your past behind? Can, a former bad boy impregnates the girl he loves Sarah Reese and leaves her behind starting a life if his own in Australia away from past demons...Sarah remains in magical eternity springs and begins her life with Lori her young daughter..twenty years have passed since they were both young teens and cam has truly never forgotten the one person he loved and never truly got over..he leaves his life in Australia and comes in search of Sarah with Devin hi ...more
Kim
After traveling across the world, Sarah is floored when her path collides with Cam Murphy. The father of her daughter. Her first love. After fleeing to the safety of her home in Eternity Springs, Sarah tries to forget about Cam, which shouldn't have been too hard, since he abandoned her twenty years earlier and called their daughter a "mistake". That was, until he showed up in Eternity Springs, "tilting her world on it's axis."

Despite the overused phrase quoted above regarding the tilting of Sar
Tammy
Lynn
I had not read the books in this series but I will now as I liked the town of Eternity Springs and the cast of characters that filled the book. I did have some grumblings and they were not with the writing but my personal feelings about situations that occurred.... the hero left town 20 plus years ago, leaving a pregnant 16 year old behind.... he went on to start a new life as well as now has a 16 year old son. There in lays my issue.... his excuses besides... he was concerned about his first ch ...more
Heather Felder
I think this is my favorite book in the Eternity Springs series. There was less focus on the "Angels" in this book, which I liked. While the concept of Angels is cute, and good for more religious people, its just not my cup of tea so to speak. That said, the Angels don't deter me from the books, because they're done in a way that does seem to fit perfectly into the stories. Anyways!

Sarah and Lori won a contest, their prize being a wonderful trip to Australia! They have a wonderful time, and as t
Tara
Another great trip to Eternity Springs! I have been waiting for this story and it did not disappoint! So many characters, so much emotion and history to deal with from every angle.

I hate to say it, but I was happy that there was struggle and resistance and not just a big old hug and forgive session. I enjoyed seeing the various relationships between the adults, kids, towns people all ebb and flow throughout the story. Like real life there a moments of highs and lows.

I think the moment Lori reall
Mara
This books starts with a quote from Branislav Nusic, and that's what got it an additional half-star. I liked the hero, disliked the heroine and her personality transplant, and hated the daughter. The romance was more than 20 years in the making, and it still felt kind of rushed in the end.

Still no mention of solving the mystery of the Cellar Bride. Oh, well.

I was impressed with the hero and how he handled an incident near the end. It almost made me cry when he said that. Whereas I felt that th
Joyce

Kristina
As usual, Emily March catapults you into story full of rich characters while weaving a truly inspiring story about healing and acceptance. The book started off with a shock, moved through the motions of anger and resent until, finally, the characters began to slowly heal and forgive one another. Emily March's writing never leaves you guessing about how the characters are feeling, all their emotions are laid out on the line, unless they're trying to hold back. But with a little push and prod, yet ...more
Pat
There are so many lovely story-book towns in novels, I love them all. Eternity Springs is one of those towns. Lover's Leap is a novel of second chances, regret, family and undying love. Sarah and Cam were teenage lovers, he the 'bad boy', she the sweet, loved by all, hometown girl. A violent act sends Cam out of town, fearing he would hurt Sarah and there love, with his "bad blood". He knows she is pregnant, but feels she has a better chance without him. A chance encounter, 20 years later sets t ...more
Denise Jo

In Australia, Cam makes a new beginning. He builds a successful business and suffers few regrets until Sarah—and their daughter—walk into his life, and then immediately run away. Realizing it’s time to right yesterday’s wrongs, he follows Sarah home to Colorado—and turns her world upside d
Emily Higgins
Cameron Murphy left Eternity Springs in disgrace. When Sarah Reese told him she was pregnant, he thought she would be better off without him. After seeing Sarah and their daughter in Australia, Cam and his son return to Eternity Springs. Cam is determined to reconcile with Sarah and get to know his daughter. Good story.
Christine C
I just could not get into this book. I found it much to easy to put it down and do something else...which NEVER happens when an author successfully sucks me in.

The entire story and scenario was very contrived and "hokey", which I admit many a romance novel is, but Lover's Leap doubled down on the saccharine and hidden message of hope/faith/redemption.

I found the characters unbelievable in dialog and behavior, and sometimes wanted to just smack them. Do not even get me started on how Lori comple
Loree Peery
Reunion stories are among my favorite romances. Especially when lovers are teens, there is so much left unsaid when life happens. Cam Murphy left his love in town, carrying his baby. Sarah Reese raises her daughter alone, never revealing the town's bad boy is the father of her wonderful daughter. They meet after 20 years in Australia. Cam follows Sarah home and finds himself renting the house where he grew up. It doesn't take long to realize they never stopped loving one another, but can they ov ...more
Diane Perry
This is the one I have been waiting on. I was waiting Sarah's story and the mystery of Cam Murphy. I was not disappointed. Such a great story of hope and family.
Shea
I am enjoying this series of books. I really enjoyed Cam and Sarah's story as they came to terms with their pasts and looked towards the future.
Ian
All of the Eternity Springs novels are a little hokey but the first three have had an underlying realness that saved them. I think I could have really enjoyed Lovers Leap if I wasn't gagging on all the talk of finding "inner angels" and "embracing healing".
It's an OK book that could have been good. I listened to the audio version of this book, narrated by Kathe Mazur and for the most part her narration was OK, but as an Australian I was mortified at her attempts to affect an Australian accent.

I
Dorothy Timm
I really enjoyed this book, although I wasn't sure that I liked the main male character. Nice, light read.
Pam Herald
Love reading each persons story in this series. Each book keeps you updated on the lives of the people of Eternity Springs, while giving you a new story focusing on the featured character. Not a dull moment in any of them!
Nicole
Eternity Springs, Co is the place that I want to visit!
In this story, we find Sara (who has appeared in the previous books) taking a vacation with her daughter, Lori. On their final day of vacation, they attend an excursion to visit the Great Barrier Reef. There she comes face to face with her past.
As much as I have enjoyed the series, I did at times want to hurry along the characters. That is probably because I'm impatient not that the story was slow.
I am looking forward to Jack's story next an
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
  • The Summer Garden (Chesapeake Shores #9)
  • Down by the River (Grace Valley Trilogy, #3)
  • Still the One
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Playing for Keeps (Cricket Creek, #1)
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
Pseudonym(s): Geralyn Dawson

Like thousands of other Texans, author Emily March grew up fleeing the summertime heat at home for the beautiful Colorado Rockies. The daughter of Colorado natives, Emily spent her summers at the rustic, 1930's era family cabin in the mountains west of Denver, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, and availing herself of the facilities (an outhouse) only when she could no
More about Emily March...

Eternity Springs (10 books)
  • A Callahan Carol
  • Angel's Rest (Eternity Springs, #1)
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • Heartache Falls (Eternity Springs, #3)
  • Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
  • Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)
  • Miracle Road (Eternity Springs, #7)
  • Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
  • Teardrop Lane (Eternity Springs, #9)
Angel's Rest (Eternity Springs, #1) Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2) Heartache Falls (Eternity Springs, #3) Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5) Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)

“All you need do is forgive. Resentment is an anchor holding you back from that which you desire most. Find the angel within you; cut the anchor line and beat your wings. The winds of forgiveness will stir a hurricane of healing and call up a tide of love that can carry you home.” 2 likes
“Look deep inside yourself and find your inner angel. Your inner angel will show you how to drop the anchor of emotional burden and fly. Your inner angel knows where to find light to chase away the darkness. Your inner angels helps you balance when the world pushes and pulls. And, most important of all, your inner angel has a wingspan that is broad enough to lift the hearts of those in pain.” 0 likes