Start by marking “Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)” as Want to Read:
Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4)

Lover's Leap (Eternity Springs #4)

4.16  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,623 Ratings  ·  112 Reviews
Readers have fallen in love with Eternity Springs, the magical town in Emily March’s beloved series where something wonderful happens to hearts in need of healing.

Twenty years ago the town bad boy, Cam Murphy, left Eternity Springs in handcuffs, riding in the back of a sheriff’s van . . . and breaking young Sarah Reese’s heart. The defiant teenager vowed never to return.

In
Mass Market Paperback, 328 pages
Published December 27th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Lover's Leap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover's Leap

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~*
Mar 03, 2015 Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who enjoy small towns, magical realism and don't mind mild heat
Release date 27 December 2011!!! *SQUEE!* *Waits a few weeks*
~*~*~*
8 Jan 2012 - *sniffles* To be reviewed...
~*~*~*
27 Jan 2012:
5 of 5 Stars - Also reviewed at: Lady Jayne's Reading Den

This book had one of my favourite quotes quoted in it:
"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love." ~ Washington Irving
It is no sec
Saly
Jan 31, 2012 Saly rated it really liked it
H/h were secret lovers, he went to juvie for defending her(she didn't know that, that was the reason he beat up someone), sent her away when she told him she was preggers at 16 coz he was scared he would be like his drunk abusive father. He tried contacting her again ten years later, sent money, letters that were never returned so kind of reconciled himself to her not wanting any contact.

They run into each other when she comes on a trip with her daughter Lori to Oz, when she sees him with his so
Splage
Very good addition to this small town series. This series is similar to Virgin River (a big favorite of mine), but is focused on an wonderful group of women. I would highly recommend the books be read in order because the characters all have reoccurred as the series continues. I was excited to finally meet Cam Murphy, the father of Lori who is now in college and the love of Sarah's life.

Cam, the bad boy with bad family blood, left Eternity Springs as a teenager in handcuffs. He also left his "g
Booklover
I was eagerly waiting for this book -i am not disappointed by it,enjoyed it from pg 1 till the end,wonderful emotional second chance at love story,Cam-Sarah adored both of them,my heart went out towards them both suffered so much still both managed to stand on their feet.

Completely understood Lori's jealousy and rude behaviour towards Devin and Cam but i was disappointed by one thing way she went ahead and humiliated Sarah-Cam,she was really crass and crossed the line,fact that Sarah took it all
KatLynne
”There is sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief….and unspeakable love.”
---Washington Irving----

I really loved this book!

I am surprised because I didn't think I would! In my mind, I had already judged Cam Murphy and I didn’t think I’d like him. Yes, he’s gorgeous and sexy! But there were choices he made that I consider weak and unmanly. How can I love a book while not l
Jane Stewart
May 29, 2015 Jane Stewart rated it really liked it
Comfy, cozy, community story - first love and family values.

Sarah and bad boy Cam were in love at age 16. She was pregnant, he went to jail after a fist fight. They reconnect 20 years later. She is angry that he left and never returned. He had good reasons which no one knew until now The 20-year-old daughter is the biggest problem, wanting nothing to do with Cam.

This was a good read, kept me interested. I liked the characters. It’s the 4th in a series, but I don’t feel like I missed anything sin
Debbie Oxier
Mar 08, 2016 Debbie Oxier rated it really liked it
When Cam Murphy's mother died he was left with his abusive, alcoholic father. Growing up Cam got into one scrape after another. He soon had the reputation of the bad boy in town. Trash. But Sarah Reese fell in love with them and as teenagers they snuck around behind her parent's back in order to be together. Until Cam beat up a classmate and put him in a coma, getting Cam sent to juvenile detention. While there, Sarah discovered she was pregnant but when she went to Cam he rejected her, saying s ...more
Hayley
"It’s time for you to have the faith to leap, and the trust to
know that love is the net that will catch you if you need it.”

Every time I read an Eternity Springs book I feel overjoyed and I want to go live in this little Colorado town. I LOVE small town romance novels. Probably one of my absolute favorite genres. This one was no exception, it was wonderful.

I have loved Sarah in the past Eternity Springs novels that have come before this one and I loved her in this one. I have always felt bad
Hafize
Jun 22, 2015 Hafize rated it it was amazing
yazarın serinin her kitabı ile birlikte konuyu ve güzelleştirdiğini düşünüyorum ve bu kitap serinin en iyisiydi :)
devamını sabırsızlıkla bekliyorum :)
Anne OK
Dec 29, 2011 Anne OK rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
I think this may be my favorite so far in this series. The characters (including the kids) had much to overcome and history that isn't easily overlooked. They struggled together to come to a conclusion that worked for them all. I had been anxiously waiting this particular story since after reading Book One and it did not disappoint.
Danielle
Dec 26, 2011 Danielle rated it really liked it
When Sarah Reece’s boyfriend was escorted out of town in handcuffs twenty years before her heart broke into pieces. That wasn’t even the icing on the cake. Nope. The icing was when she told him that she was pregnant with his baby. The worst blow hit her when he said that her and the baby were a mistake. Although the strong Sarah never got over her love, she always did her best to raise Lori.

Winning a trip of a lifetime to the lush Australia is what the Mother and daughter team needed. This was
Jonel Boyko
Jan 14, 2016 Jonel Boyko rated it it was amazing
Ok, it’s official. I’ve fallen in love with Eternity Springs. It may take a while, but the way that everything turns out in the end has me completely hooked. The people, the scenery, they all draw me in. And March has definitely created an emotionally turbulent novel with this one. Tears were abundant throughout this novel, both for me and for the characters. I loved the heartfelt yet completely original plot. It kept me on my toes while also lulling me into its embrace.

With the Eternity Spring
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
I'll be honest, inspirational romance with a closed door just isn't my thing. But nevertheless Emily March writes a good story in this instalment featuring the second chance love between past bad boy Cameron Murphy and the girl he loved and left pregnant with his daughter, Sarah Reese.

A bit less on the 'angel' theme and cracking open the bedroom door just a little would up my rating, not as good as Robyn Carr's Virgin River but definitely a very decent small town romance series.

3.5 stars.
Casey
Apr 07, 2016 Casey rated it it was ok
Just read March's last book and found it totally delightful. She was so good at making me believe what was happening was really going on. My high hopes for this book were soon dashed!
SPOILER ALERT.
I find it extremely unrealistic that both the male and female of a high school romance gone bad, would see each other 20 years later and both realize they never quit loving each other. Had the author made their relationship in high school stronger, perhaps, but this was all just way too fake. No way co
Paula Radell
Aug 03, 2015 Paula Radell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Lover's Leap is yet another wonderful story with beautifully developed, complex and deeply relatable characters; a believable premise; and "all the feels" a reader wants and needs to experience in a favorite book; the depth of emotion that keeps them coming back for more.

This is definitely my personal favorite - so far - in the Eternity Springs series. I felt the struggle of each of the principal characters: Cam, Sarah, Lori and Devin, all being forced to confront feelings and take the risks of
Michele
Sep 15, 2014 Michele rated it liked it
In the 4th book of this series based in a small Colorado mountain town, Eternity Springs, the theme of love - broken & restored - continues. This one surrounds Sarah Reese, a Eternity Springs native who has been a single mother ever since she was a teenager and her teenage boyfriend, Cam Murphy, is sent to juvenile prison for his part in a fight with resulting injuries.

When Sarah and her daughter are enjoying a dream trip to Australia, which they won in a contest in the prior book, they see
Sandy Forman-Johnson
Aug 02, 2015 Sandy Forman-Johnson rated it it was amazing
very well done
Barb
Sep 18, 2015 Barb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Twenty years ago the town bad boy, Cam Murphy, left Eternity Springs in handcuffs, riding in the back of a sheriff's van . . . and breaking young Sarah Reese's heart. The defiant teenager vowed never to return.
In Australia, Cam makes a new beginning. He builds a successful business and suffers few regrets until Sarah--and their daughter--walk into his life, and then immediately run away. Realizing it's time to right yesterday's wrongs, he follows Sarah home to Colorado--and turns her world upsid
Kelly
Dec 30, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh, this was my favorite of this series....it was wonderful! What a great storyline! This has got to be one of the greatest series....EVER! I knew the storyline of Sarah and Cam would be pretty intense, but it went above and beyone what I imagined! And this book contained one of my all time favorite moments....it occurred at the very end of Chapter 9!
Rupine
Mar 25, 2014 Rupine rated it really liked it
Do you ever truly leave your past behind? Can, a former bad boy impregnates the girl he loves Sarah Reese and leaves her behind starting a life if his own in Australia away from past demons...Sarah remains in magical eternity springs and begins her life with Lori her young daughter..twenty years have passed since they were both young teens and cam has truly never forgotten the one person he loved and never truly got over..he leaves his life in Australia and comes in search of Sarah with Devin hi ...more
Sharlene
Aug 06, 2015 Sharlene rated it it was amazing
Cameron Murphy was mentioned in the last couple of books & I was so glad he finally came back to Eternity Springs! The love and searing attraction were obvious to all around them. Cam gave in to his feelings about Sarah almost immediately, despite the well-deserved chip on his shoulder about how people in the town had treated him in his childhood. Sarah was ready to give in to the physical, but didn't trust Cameron not to take off on her again. Their daughter Lori had very deep feelings of r ...more
Lin Stepp
Dec 28, 2015 Lin Stepp rated it really liked it
Another of Emily March's Eternity Springs novels … and a satisfying second-chance story. Like a slice from the movie GREASE or DIRTY DANCING, Cam Murphy was not the appropriate suitor for sweet Sarah Reese. His background had molded him into an angry, troubled boy and yet Sarah somehow loved him anyway … but life problems broke them up and now, running into each other again … Cam sees an opportunity for a second chance with Sarah and his daughter again. In the process he finds healing from the l ...more
Michelle
Mar 16, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite in the series so far. Sarah and her daughter, Lori, travel to Australia for a once in a lifetime trip Sarah won in a contest. Little did they know the trip would change their life forever. Cam and his son Devon have a good life in Australia. Cam runs a charter business taking tourists to see the Great Barrier Reef. But something or someone continues to haunt him in his drams. That someone walks up to his boat and starts Cam on a journey he thought he would never be able to ta ...more
Kim
Jan 13, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
After traveling across the world, Sarah is floored when her path collides with Cam Murphy. The father of her daughter. Her first love. After fleeing to the safety of her home in Eternity Springs, Sarah tries to forget about Cam, which shouldn't have been too hard, since he abandoned her twenty years earlier and called their daughter a "mistake". That was, until he showed up in Eternity Springs, "tilting her world on it's axis."

Despite the overused phrase quoted above regarding the tilting of Sar
Tammy
Apr 16, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, march-emily, own
Lynn
Nov 13, 2013 Lynn rated it really liked it
I had not read the books in this series but I will now as I liked the town of Eternity Springs and the cast of characters that filled the book. I did have some grumblings and they were not with the writing but my personal feelings about situations that occurred.... the hero left town 20 plus years ago, leaving a pregnant 16 year old behind.... he went on to start a new life as well as now has a 16 year old son. There in lays my issue.... his excuses besides... he was concerned about his first ch ...more
Heather Felder
Feb 07, 2012 Heather Felder rated it really liked it
I think this is my favorite book in the Eternity Springs series. There was less focus on the "Angels" in this book, which I liked. While the concept of Angels is cute, and good for more religious people, its just not my cup of tea so to speak. That said, the Angels don't deter me from the books, because they're done in a way that does seem to fit perfectly into the stories. Anyways!

Sarah and Lori won a contest, their prize being a wonderful trip to Australia! They have a wonderful time, and as t
Tara
Feb 28, 2012 Tara rated it really liked it
Another great trip to Eternity Springs! I have been waiting for this story and it did not disappoint! So many characters, so much emotion and history to deal with from every angle.

I hate to say it, but I was happy that there was struggle and resistance and not just a big old hug and forgive session. I enjoyed seeing the various relationships between the adults, kids, towns people all ebb and flow throughout the story. Like real life there a moments of highs and lows.

I think the moment Lori reall
Melodie Langston
Jun 29, 2016 Melodie Langston rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The Eternity Springs series continues to bring depth to women's fiction and romance. The characters are well developed and the book is well plotted. There are several serious topics addressed in this book. Minor irritation, the nasty gossip's plot line did a little bit too much of a quick 180º for my taste.

I highly recommend this book, especially for fans of the series. I suggest the books are read chronologically as there are continuing plot lines.
Emily March Fans: Before We Move On...Closing Thoughts 7 15 Aug 22, 2015 01:19PM
Emily March Fans: Do you believe in fate? 29 15 Aug 06, 2015 04:57PM
Emily March Fans: Questions for Emily about Lover's Leap 4 11 Aug 04, 2015 10:07PM
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • Still the One
  • Top-Notch Surgeon, Pregnant Nurse
  • Marriage by Necessity (Bravo Family, #2) (Conveniently Yours, #2)
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
  • Coming Home (Chesapeake Diaries #1)
  • My Kind of Christmas (Virgin River, #18)
  • The Lone Rancher
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Sweet Laurel Falls (Hope's Crossing, #3)
  • Sage Creek (Lonesome Way #1)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas (Jubilee, Texas, #3)
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • Last Chance Beauty Queen (Last Chance, #3)
  • Arresting Love (Wild R Farm, #2)
Pseudonym(s): Geralyn Dawson

Emily March is the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty novels, including the critically acclaimed Eternity Springs series. Publishers Weekly calls March a "master of delightful banter," and her heartwarming, emotionally charged stories have been named to Best of the Year lists by Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, and Roma
More about Emily March...

Eternity Springs (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • A Callahan Carol
  • Angel's Rest (Eternity Springs, #1)
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • Heartache Falls (Eternity Springs, #3)
  • Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
  • Reflection Point (Eternity Springs, #6)
  • Miracle Road (Eternity Springs, #7)
  • Dreamweaver Trail (Eternity Springs, #8)
  • Teardrop Lane (Eternity Springs, #9)
  • Heartsong Cottage (Eternity Springs, #10)

“All you need do is forgive. Resentment is an anchor holding you back from that which you desire most. Find the angel within you; cut the anchor line and beat your wings. The winds of forgiveness will stir a hurricane of healing and call up a tide of love that can carry you home.” 3 likes
“There are only two lasting bequests we can give our children—one is roots, and the other, wings.” 1 likes