Start by marking “Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel (Highland Warriors #2)” as Want to Read:
Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel (Highland Warriors #2)

Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel (Highland Warriors #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  29 reviews
The second book in the Highland Warriors trilogy, in which three heroes make a pact to insure that a rival clan doesn't take over their glen and cause destruction. At the same time, three women will plot to marry these heroes to help insure peace.

In TEMPTATION OF A HIGHLAND SCOUNDREL, Kendrew Macintosh's reputation precedes him: he wields an ax with deathly precision, str
Published August 1st 2011 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel

Laurie Garrison
I didn’t care for the first book in this trilogy, but this one I really enjoyed. I loved and connected with the hero and heroine and the magical legends storyline was very compelling. I could really see the Glen of Many Legends come to life in my head this time around. I felt like I got to know more of these three ladies, the pact they have between them and how it’s going to work out for the next lucky Lady.

This story takes you into Lady Isobel’s fixation on making Kendrew her destiny and she p
Ruth
I have to admit, I didn't read the first in the series in this one, provided to me by netgalley. I've so far behind in my reading that I just plowed straight in there, and found... actually quite an entertaining story.

Once you get past the cover (what is with those manboobs, and who thought that was a sexy concept?), it's a nice mixture of a highland warrior meeting his match, with a dash of mysterious goings-on and some wonderful descriptions of Scotland thrown in. It's not exactly lyrical writ
Angelc
This tale is a battle of wills told in a lush, romantic setting. It's a bit of an old-fashioned romance at times, but the leads are nice and the description of the setting is amazing. My favorite part of the book was the detailed setting. You'll feel like you're right there in the highland mist and fog.

Kendrew is pretty gruff and grouchy, but he's still likable because we get a lot of insight as to why he pushes Isobel away so much. Kendrew and Isobel have a lot of chemistry so their (sort of) l
Leah
Kendrew is very proud of his Berserker lineage and is always within reach of his war ax. Hotheaded with a penchant for warring. It fires his blood! The Mackintosh are also known for their night walking abilities.

Isobel has always wanted Kendrew and is willing to go to any lengths to win his heart. The only problem is her brother and Kendrew are bitter enemies even though they find themselves having to keep the peace for the glen. When Isobel sneaks off to Nought to see if Kendrew does indeed da
Gaby
Sue-Ellen Welfonder's Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel

ISBN-10: 0446561770 - Mass Market Paperback $7.99
Publisher: Forever; Original edition (July 26, 2011), 416 pages.

Sue-Ellen Welfonder's Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel is the second in her Highland Warrior series. Set in the Glen of Many Legends in the highlands of Scotland, Sue-Ellen Welfonder introduces us to the MacDonalds, Camerons, and Mackintoshes, three warring clans who have been forced by their king to keep the peace.

Kendrew Mac
Karyn Gerrard
I won this book at Goodreads Firstreads~

This is the first book I have read by Sue-Ellen Welfonder. I read this from Netgalley, but imagine my glee to win both books in this series since then. I am looking forward to reading the first book in this series, 'Sins of the Highland Devil'.

Kendrew was everything you could want in a Highlander hero, big, braw, bold, handsome and walking sex in a kilt.

Isobel Cameron has had her eyes firmly fixed on Kendrew for sometime although he barely gives her notice
Jen (Red Hot Books)
The Cameron, Macintosh and MacDonald clans hold an uneasy peace. They each inhabit a different part of the same glen and were forced to stop fighting by the King. Each chief has a sister and the three women have entered a pact to make the peace more meaningful. Each plans to marry a chief from one of the other clans, forging unbreakable bonds between the families.

Lady Isobel Cameron is crazy about Kendrew, the chief of the Macintosh clan. He has never paid her much attention, which makes her pla
Heather Pearson
A viking berserker and Scottish highlander, Kendrew Mackintosh is both of these rolled into one. Most of the time his is a fiercely proud highland warrior, but when his clan is threatened he calls upon his Norse ancestry to ensure their victory and ultimately their survival.

Lady Isobel Cameron can see beneath this brutal exterior to the passionate man hidden inside. It is that part of him that Isobel seeks. In the past year, she and her two friends, Catriona MacDonald and Marjory Mackintosh have
Lover of Romance
Isobel, has always had a strong attraction to Kendrew Macintosh, even though he has never looked twice at her, much to her disappointment. After the big battle that the King forced all three clans to fight, all three women, sat down together and made a vow to each other to ensure peace in the glen. Isobel knows that it is up to her, even though her new sister in law, might think she is a bit addled in the head in her attraction to Kendrew. After all he is known to be wild and a scoundrel of the ...more
Diana Leigh
Rating: 3.75/5

I love the premise of Sue-Ellen Welfonder's Highland Warriors series. To avoid being banished from The Glen of Many Legends by the king, the three lairds sharing the glen agree to a shaky truce ending hundreds of years of feuding. Their sisters, Catriona, Isobel and Marjory, make a pact of their own to secure the peace - each one will marry a laird from a rival clan.

Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel is Lady Isobel Cameron and Laird Kendrew Macintosh's story. Isobel was smitten wit
Mary Gramlich
TEMPTATION of a HIGHLAND SCOUNDREL by Sue-Ellen Welfonder
Highland Warrior Series, Book #2
08/11 - Grand Central Publishing - Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages

Is it a sin to want what you should not have?

When three clans who have been fighting one another their entire life have to create a peace between them the question arises – is that possible? The peace would never happen if not for three very wily women who are from these warring clans but want lairds for husbands and make a pact to get that d
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Jen
Book received from NetGalley

I think I may have enjoyed this book a little more if I had read the first book in the series, Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors 1). Ms Welfonder does a decent enough job of making this book stand alone, but there are enough references to the prior book, that I would have benefited to having read it first.

Let's start with what I liked. I enjoyed the characters. Isobel is a strong woman and knows exactly what she wants--Kendrew--and she'll do a
Lisarenee
Photobucket

Join me July 18th on my blog,Seduced By A Book, where I will be giving away a copy of this book, along with two other books in a giveaway.

Notes: I read the ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of this book. This one contains some violence and gore.

In fall, King Robert III ordered a trial by combat/battle to the death, to decide which three clans would reside in the land now held by the Mackintosh, Cameron, and MacDonald clans. After the combat, the King declared a truce between the remaining clans, an
April
RATING:4/5)TEMPTATION OF A HIGHLAND SCOUNDREL by Sue-Ellen WElfonder is an exciting historical romance set in 1397 The Glen of Many Legends,Scotland. It is Book 2 in the Highland Warriors Trilogy,but can be read as a stand alone. See "Sins of a Highland Devil".Three clans,three warriors,The MacDonalds,Camerons,and Mackintoshes and their three strong-willed women.It is well written with depth and details. It has romance,Highlanders,proud warriors,love,sweet sensuality,magic,myths,Scottish lore,le ...more
Marcela (BookaholicCat)
Temptation of a Highland Scoundrel is book two in the Highland Warriors series by Sue-Ellen Welfonder.

After been ordered by their King Robert III three different clans, the Mackintoshes, the Camerons and the MacDonalds are sharing the land of the Glen of Many Legends in peace. If they fail to maintain the peace they will be banished from their lands by king’s decree.
Each lord has a sister and between the women they make a pact. They will marry with a Chieftain of a different clan to help maintai
Susan
Very good book. Isobel, Catriona and Marjory (the three sisters of the lairds) had sworn to marry into the other to help cement the truce. Isobel had always been drawn to Kendrew. His land is somewhat bleak, rocky and rather harsh. His people tend more toward the Viking ways. He has felt that there is no way a lady would be able to handle life at his home. Isobel loves the wild, untamed feel of Nought, and would love to live there. She tries several times to show Kendrew how she feels, but he fi ...more
Melissa
This is the second in the series. The stories take place in the Land of Many Legends. There is a great mix of magic and superstition weaved throughout all three novels.
Each story telling the tale of a different legend and how it came about.
I laughed quite a bit during the book and loved the hero. He is ruff and male through and through.
He has a fun streak and likes to cause trouble.
Isobel is sweet and very much the lady. She falls very hard for this strong male that is well known throughout to
Tammy Ramey
i loved this book. it had all of the elements that i look for in a great love story/contemporary romance. the characters were intriguing and had depth and drew me into the story effortlessly.
i found my self becoming angry,sad,happy and all the other emotions right along with the hero and heroine. i am already planning to read it again just in case i missed anything and i can't WAIT fot the next book in the series(AND THE 1 BEFORE) so i can find out what happens with them next not to mention the
Carolyn
Well I just finished Sue-Ellen Welfonder"s second book of her "Highland Warriors" series, entitled: Temptation of a Highland Scoundral and I enjoyed it immensely. Her style of writing flows so fluidly and I was easily transported to the rugged landscape of Nought. I eagerly followed the struggles of the hero and heroine, Kendrew and Isobel towards the ultimate culmination of their love story-turning each page with excitement. Although I have not read the first in the series, I had no trouble jum ...more
Amy (Books, College, and Other Random Things)
I'm reviewing this for NetGalley.

Temptation of a Highland Warrior is the second book in the Highland Warriors trilogy by Sue-Ellen Welfonder. The fictitious Glen of Many Legends is the setting for the continuing story that features three heroes who made a pact to keep a rival clan from overtaking their glen and the three women who plan to marry these heroes. This book tells the story of Kendrew and Isobel and keeps you eagerly turning the pages to a most satisfying conclusion. I thoroughly enjoy
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Three sisters made a pact with each other to keep peace and harmony in their Glen of Many Legends. This book is about Isobel and Kendrew, and the trials and tribulations they go through to be together. She met him a few months ago and it was love at first sight for her. He doesn't really remember her, but now he can't stop thinking about her and the passion they shared on Midsummers Eve. Clan loyalties are defined, true love brings families together, and murders that occur prove that their women ...more
When I first started this book, I didn't think I was going to finish it. But I hate starting a book and not seeing it through to the end. So I kept reading and I'm glad I did. It was an enjoyable book though it took me awhile to warm up to the main characters. There was a bit of the paranormal thrown into the book which was a nice change of pace for one in this genre. However, I did feel the ending was rushed. Overall, a fun book.
Patti
Ok she uped the ante. It is starting to look like this series is going to be on my re-read shelf. This one is even better than the first. Maybe it's just that Kendrew just curled my toes. I am not happy about having to wait for Alasdair's story. This is why I usually wait until they are all in my greedy hands before I start. But I can't resist a Sue-Ellen Welfonder if it is in my possession. Please hurry. :)
Chatterbox
Aug 04, 2011 Chatterbox rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historical fiction/romance
I loved this book! It's on the mature side but I seriously could not put the book down! I can't wait to read the others in the series! If you like historical fiction, especially historical romance, even if you don't love it as much as me, you will love this book!
Lorie
the best part in this book to me was the after I got half way through the book. Once you hit the half way point the story comes alive. The beginning is slow and so many different introductions it is hard to keep focus on who and what is going on.
Nicole
This is one of the most boring books I've ever read :(. I had such high hopes because I love Scottish romance but this was just mostly about the legends.
Alyson
The mix of Highlander/Vikings/dragons/and a ghost was just weird. Kendrew was a romantic figure. (But what kind of name is Kendrew?)
Pam
Another great highland story
Blacky *Romance Addict*
Blacky *Romance Addict* marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
  • Highland Heat (Highlander, #3)
  • Seduced by Her Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #2)
  • Highland Master (Scottish Knights Trilogy #1)
  • Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin, #3)
  • Her Scottish Groom
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Embrace the Highland Warrior (Connor Clan, #2)
  • The Sinner (Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Must Love Kilts (Highlander, #5)
196759
Sue-Ellen Welfonder is a card-carrying Scotophile whose burning wish to make frequent (free) trips to the land of her dreams led her to a twenty year career with the airlines. Bi-lingual, she flew international all those years, working her flights as foreign language speaker. Her flying career allowed her to see the world, but it was always to Scotland that she returned.

Now a full-time writer, sh
More about Sue-Ellen Welfonder...
Devil in a Kilt (MacKenzie, #1) Seducing a Scottish Bride (MacKenzie, #6) Bride of the Beast (MacKenzie, #2) Sins of a Highland Devil (Highland Warriors, #1) A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)