Start by marking “Organizing from the Right Side of the Brain: A Creative Approach to Getting Organized” as Want to Read:

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Almost all the organizing books on the market today target the "left-brainer" - people who are generally disciplined, neat, and analytical. But for those who are more creative and spontaneous rather than logical and detail-oriented, help is on the way! In this book, Silber turns traditional organizing advice on its head and offers unique solutions that complement the unort ...more
Published October 8th 2004 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Organizing from the Right Side of the Brain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Organizing from the Right Side of the Brain

Donnae
Jan 02, 2008 Donnae rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: creative people and the chronically disorganized
Written by one of us, Lee Silber, Organizing from the Right Side of the Brain provides motivation, opportunity and hot tips for the creative and the chronically disorganized.

This book is designed for easy non-linear browsing and as I read it I used a notepad for a bookmark so I could capture the ideas popping into my brain.

One thing I really appreciated about Lee's writing is how non-judgemental he is regarding those of us that do not approach organization in a traditional, linear way. I also en
Holly
Dec 26, 2007 Holly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: slobs and neat-freaks
Shelves: home, non-fiction
This book motivated and inspired me like no other book on the topic. Every time I read it, I had to put it down and go put some of the ideas into action. The author is fun and friendly (he replied to my emails!) and it's a fun read, despite the subject matter.
I'm a reformed-slob-in-progress, but thanks to this book (seriously!) I'm getting there.
Mortalform
The first few chapters are extremely drawn out. I recommend jumping around these to headings of interest or skipping all together, unless you are in need of constant reassurance that you can do it, being right-brained is an asset and organization is not the sole purview of the left-brained you can, in fact, work with those original impulses to create a system that works for you.

That is not to say that these reassurances aren't important, they are, even for myself having someone out and out stat
Allison Carter
One of my favorite authors on organizing - thinks like a right brainer, writes like a whole brainer. Fun too.
Michelle
I've been reading this book for about a year. I like the idea behind this book, but I'm still waiting to find some actual help -- so far it's been a lot of learning to understand my organizational blue-print. Like we didn't already know what that was!! I've been there and done that. I'll keep reading to find out how to work with myself.
Rachel
Dec 18, 2008 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: creative types who like to pile rather than file
Thank god for this book! It explains why I have such a hard time being "organized." It's because my brain doesn't work like that. I can be organized, just not in a linear way. The tips are great, and the book is even put together in a right-brain-friendly way. Thank you for writing this book!
Shonna Froebel
In many ways quite different
Joanne
If you have the time, this is a great book to read, offers practical steps to take in getting your whole life organized.
Valerie
Lee Silber is a good friend of my husband, Mark's (who is quoted in the book!).

Lee never fails to inspire!
Stephanie
Is it possible for me to be organized?
Hessam
Aug 22, 2008 Hessam is currently reading it
I love this book!
Asmaa Fathy
Asmaa Fathy marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Eman Abo el hamd
Eman Abo el hamd marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Huda Ahmed
Huda Ahmed marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Michelle Connell
Michelle Connell is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
majesticmoose
majesticmoose is currently reading it
May 06, 2015
M. A.
M. A. is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2015
Samantha Henry
Samantha Henry is currently reading it
Feb 25, 2015
Maggie Cunningham
Maggie Cunningham marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Kori Radloff
Kori Radloff marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Kristen Letnick
Kristen Letnick is currently reading it
Dec 25, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I am a huge fan of the library and can clearly remember making the short walk to get books during the summer months. Does that make me a nerd? Clearly, but who cares. My love of books (at a young age) led me to become an author (at an older age).
More about Lee Silber...
Runaway Best Seller Time Management for the Creative Person Self-Promotion for the Creative Person: Get the Word Out About Who You Are and What You Do The Wild Idea Club: A Collaborative System to Solve Workplace Problems, Improve Efficiency, and Boost Your Bottom Line runaway bestseller