Start by marking “Organizing from the Right Side of the Brain: A Creative Approach to Getting Organized” as Want to Read:

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Almost all the organizing books on the market today target the "left-brainer" - people who are generally disciplined, neat, and analytical. But for those who are more creative and spontaneous rather than logical and detail-oriented, help is on the way! In this book, Silber turns traditional organizing advice on its head and offers unique solutions that complement the unort ...more
Published October 8th 2004 by St. Martin's Griffin

Donnae
Jan 02, 2008 Donnae rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: creative people and the chronically disorganized
Written by one of us, Lee Silber, Organizing from the Right Side of the Brain provides motivation, opportunity and hot tips for the creative and the chronically disorganized.

This book is designed for easy non-linear browsing and as I read it I used a notepad for a bookmark so I could capture the ideas popping into my brain.

One thing I really appreciated about Lee's writing is how non-judgemental he is regarding those of us that do not approach organization in a traditional, linear way. I also en
Barbarrianne
May 23, 2015 Barbarrianne rated it it was amazing
This book is great for those of us who are primarily right brained. It not only offers lots of advice on how to organize and create a cleaning schedule afterwards, it also teaches you to rethink certain areas where a technique might not be working. It helps you organize areas to suit the way you use them, not just listing the typical ways it has been done. This book took me from slob to the one referred to as 'the clean roommate.' In the past, when I integrated the cue card system described in t ...more
Holly
Dec 26, 2007 Holly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: slobs and neat-freaks
Shelves: home, non-fiction
This book motivated and inspired me like no other book on the topic. Every time I read it, I had to put it down and go put some of the ideas into action. The author is fun and friendly (he replied to my emails!) and it's a fun read, despite the subject matter.
I'm a reformed-slob-in-progress, but thanks to this book (seriously!) I'm getting there.
Mortalform
The first few chapters are extremely drawn out. I recommend jumping around these to headings of interest or skipping all together, unless you are in need of constant reassurance that you can do it, being right-brained is an asset and organization is not the sole purview of the left-brained you can, in fact, work with those original impulses to create a system that works for you.

That is not to say that these reassurances aren't important, they are, even for myself having someone out and out stat
Cynthia
Jun 13, 2015 Cynthia rated it liked it
I really liked the idea of this book, but there was a lot more of why than how and I just wanted those proportions switched.
Allison Carter
Jun 21, 2014 Allison Carter rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite authors on organizing - thinks like a right brainer, writes like a whole brainer. Fun too.
Michelle
Apr 03, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it
I've been reading this book for about a year. I like the idea behind this book, but I'm still waiting to find some actual help -- so far it's been a lot of learning to understand my organizational blue-print. Like we didn't already know what that was!! I've been there and done that. I'll keep reading to find out how to work with myself.
Rachel
Dec 18, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: creative types who like to pile rather than file
Thank god for this book! It explains why I have such a hard time being "organized." It's because my brain doesn't work like that. I can be organized, just not in a linear way. The tips are great, and the book is even put together in a right-brain-friendly way. Thank you for writing this book!
Shonna Froebel
Jan 07, 2014 Shonna Froebel rated it liked it
In many ways quite different
Joanne
Feb 01, 2013 Joanne rated it really liked it
If you have the time, this is a great book to read, offers practical steps to take in getting your whole life organized.
Valerie
Mar 11, 2008 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Lee Silber is a good friend of my husband, Mark's (who is quoted in the book!).

Lee never fails to inspire!
Stephanie
Jun 05, 2010 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Is it possible for me to be organized?
Hessam
Aug 22, 2008 Hessam is currently reading it
I love this book!
Rowan Stanley
Rowan Stanley rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Marylou
Marylou rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
FDS
FDS marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Jim Reeverts
Jim Reeverts marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Kathy
Kathy is currently reading it
Feb 11, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
tauanz
tauanz marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2015
April Pastis
April Pastis rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2016
Chris Cox
Chris Cox rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Asmaa Fathy
Asmaa Fathy marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Eman Abo el hamd
Eman Abo el hamd marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I am a huge fan of the library and can clearly remember making the short walk to get books during the summer months. Does that make me a nerd? Clearly, but who cares. My love of books (at a young age) led me to become an author (at an older age).
More about Lee Silber...