Start by marking “Time Management for the Creative Person” as Want to Read:
Time Management for the Creative Person

Time Management for the Creative Person

Creative folks often know all too well that the muse doesn’t always strike when you want it to, or when the deadline for your next brilliant project is creeping up on you like an ill-fitting turtleneck. Originality doesn’t follow a time clock, even when you have to. While conventional time management books offer tons of instruction for using time wisely, they are tradition ...more
Published March 24th 1998 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Time Management for the Creative Person, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Management for the Creative Person

Erick Pettersen
Jan 13, 2011 Erick Pettersen rated it liked it
While Silber's advice is commendable and practical, this book is counter-productive. Throughout "Time Management for the Creative Person", Silber gives advice for saving time, stating that he wrote the book in such a way that anyone can pick it up and begin reading it at any point. The problem is that in order for a person with no time to read the entire book to decide where they want to begin, they must peruse each chapter, or at least those chapters with titles and descriptions that interest t ...more
Kelly Lynn Thomas
Dec 01, 2014 Kelly Lynn Thomas rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing, self-help
Lee Silber clearly understands "creative people," which in this book means artists, writers, actors, etc. He provides a lot of tips, usually bullet pointed, for various areas of life. The book did come out in the 90s, though, so I'd recommend skipping the chapter on technology (or read it for a fun look back at where we came from). This is a book I would read again, though I'll try to get the later edition this time.
Maria
Jan 23, 2012 Maria rated it it was ok
Shelves: unfinished
I do not have time to read all the information that is stuffed into this book. I was hoping for some specific tips related to creativity, not pages and pages of stuff like "set up your bills for auto-pay" and "set out your clothes for the next day when you go to bed." I read about 1/2 without coming across a single new insight or tip. Also didn't find ANYTHING relevant to a person with a family and young children. Maybe just not the book for me.
Jackie Gamber
Aug 13, 2010 Jackie Gamber rated it liked it
This book is warmly written and gave me a few chuckles. In my quest for organization and time management, I've read a lot of books on the subject. This particular books didn't reveal a lot for me that I didn't already know, but it was fun to read from a side of things not often presented: that daydreaming can serve a purpose, and a cluttered desk isn't necessarily a cluttered mind.
Danielle
Oct 27, 2007 Danielle marked it as to-read
I actually own this book; it was a gift for high school graduation and I never made time to read it.
Sonya
Jan 29, 2009 Sonya is currently reading it
A somewhat-cathartic promotion process at my job last fall really brought to light the fact that I have "issues" with Time Management, procrastination,etc. Which led me to search on Amazon for some guidance.

Given the fact that this book is still only partially read....along with several others in my list.....I'm obviously still struggling with the "starts many things but finishes none" symptom....but hey...at least I'm aware of this flaw and proactively trying to work on it.

Heather
Feb 26, 2011 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: electronic
If you have never read anything about time management, this might be okay. But if you've heard of such things as "write down your goals and look at them daily", you won't find anything new here. I'm not sure whether it's actually a new book or an electronic reprint of an old one. It definitely reads like the latter.
Jamie
Jul 22, 2009 Jamie rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, z2009
Great book with lots of tips, ideas, suggestions, that are very helpful and can be used immediately.
Audrey Jenkins
Feb 27, 2016 Audrey Jenkins rated it it was amazing
Lee Silber is motivating and great. I wish he were as popular as Pink, Covey, Maxwell and Carnegie. A decade after reading this book, I am an expert at right-brain, time management. (=
Kip Mason
Kip Mason rated it liked it
May 31, 2015
Judy Kiddoo
Judy Kiddoo rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Charlene Jaszewski
Charlene Jaszewski rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2007
SilverOxide
SilverOxide rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2015
Chris Cox
Chris Cox rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Cat
Cat rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2008
Robin
Robin rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2009
Vicki Heimbuch
Vicki Heimbuch rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2011
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Krista Peterson
Krista Peterson rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
Jackie
Jackie rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2016
Rhonda Baldwin
Rhonda Baldwin rated it liked it
May 12, 2015
Denise
Denise rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2008
Sam Jannenga
Sam Jannenga rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2013
Brittany Skaggs
Brittany Skaggs rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2014
Kenneth Sutton
Kenneth Sutton rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2008
Kelly
May 28, 2013 Kelly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
MUST schedule time for "percolating"!
Iren
Iren rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2012
Yamimana
Yamimana rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
I am a huge fan of the library and can clearly remember making the short walk to get books during the summer months. Does that make me a nerd? Clearly, but who cares. My love of books (at a young age) led me to become an author (at an older age).
More about Lee Silber...

“Creativity is fragile; if you don't nurture it, it can die, leaving you recycling old ideas and pretending they're fresh. It's a sure road to mediocrity.” 4 likes