Start by marking “Time Management for the Creative Person” as Want to Read:
Time Management for the Creative Person

Time Management for the Creative Person

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Creative folks often know all too well that the muse doesn’t always strike when you want it to, or when the deadline for your next brilliant project is creeping up on you like an ill-fitting turtleneck. Originality doesn’t follow a time clock, even when you have to. While conventional time management books offer tons of instruction for using time wisely, they are tradition ...more
Published March 24th 1998 by Three Rivers Press

To ask other readers questions about Time Management for the Creative Person, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Management for the Creative Person

Erick Pettersen
While Silber's advice is commendable and practical, this book is counter-productive. Throughout "Time Management for the Creative Person", Silber gives advice for saving time, stating that he wrote the book in such a way that anyone can pick it up and begin reading it at any point. The problem is that in order for a person with no time to read the entire book to decide where they want to begin, they must peruse each chapter, or at least those chapters with titles and descriptions that interest t ...more
Kelly Lynn Thomas
Lee Silber clearly understands "creative people," which in this book means artists, writers, actors, etc. He provides a lot of tips, usually bullet pointed, for various areas of life. The book did come out in the 90s, though, so I'd recommend skipping the chapter on technology (or read it for a fun look back at where we came from). This is a book I would read again, though I'll try to get the later edition this time.
Maria
I do not have time to read all the information that is stuffed into this book. I was hoping for some specific tips related to creativity, not pages and pages of stuff like "set up your bills for auto-pay" and "set out your clothes for the next day when you go to bed." I read about 1/2 without coming across a single new insight or tip. Also didn't find ANYTHING relevant to a person with a family and young children. Maybe just not the book for me.
Jackie Gamber
This book is warmly written and gave me a few chuckles. In my quest for organization and time management, I've read a lot of books on the subject. This particular books didn't reveal a lot for me that I didn't already know, but it was fun to read from a side of things not often presented: that daydreaming can serve a purpose, and a cluttered desk isn't necessarily a cluttered mind.
Danielle
Oct 27, 2007 Danielle marked it as to-read
I actually own this book; it was a gift for high school graduation and I never made time to read it.
Sonya
Jan 29, 2009 Sonya is currently reading it
A somewhat-cathartic promotion process at my job last fall really brought to light the fact that I have "issues" with Time Management, procrastination,etc. Which led me to search on Amazon for some guidance.

Given the fact that this book is still only partially read....along with several others in my list.....I'm obviously still struggling with the "starts many things but finishes none" symptom....but hey...at least I'm aware of this flaw and proactively trying to work on it.

Jamie
Great book with lots of tips, ideas, suggestions, that are very helpful and can be used immediately.
Irene
Feb 21, 2008 Irene added it
Trying to motivate & challenge the graphic designer working under me...not an easy task!
Kelly
Jun 27, 2013 Kelly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
MUST schedule time for "percolating"!
Kristen Letnick
Kristen Letnick marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Lucian Si
Lucian Si marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Victoria Pike
Victoria Pike marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
polly
polly marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Clancy Metzger
Clancy Metzger marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Fox
Fox marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Narjes yavari
Narjes yavari marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Ivo Stoykov
Ivo Stoykov marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I am a huge fan of the library and can clearly remember making the short walk to get books during the summer months. Does that make me a nerd? Clearly, but who cares. My love of books (at a young age) led me to become an author (at an oder age).
More about Lee Silber...
Runaway Best Seller Self-Promotion for the Creative Person: Get the Word Out About Who You Are and What You Do Organizing from the Right Side of the Brain: A Creative Approach to Getting Organized runaway bestseller The Wild Idea Club: A Collaborative System to Solve Workplace Problems, Improve Efficiency, and Boost Your Bottom Line

“Creativity is fragile; if you don't nurture it, it can die, leaving you recycling old ideas and pretending they're fresh. It's a sure road to mediocrity.” 3 likes