Start by marking “Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident” as Want to Read:
Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident

Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  134 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Published September 4th 2007 by Regal

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Chicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Chicks

Jalynn Patterson
Jul 21, 2015 Jalynn Patterson rated it really liked it
About the Book:
Some battles we choose, others choose us. The world is looking and waiting for a company of women who will rise in the midst of hard times. It would be so much easier to sit…to give in. And, yet, isn’t there a part inside us all that longs to stand up and fight the battles before us? From her best-selling books, God Chicks and Daily Steps for GodChicks, Holly Wagner identified and encouraged the cultivation of aspects of the God Chick within every woman. The subject of this exciti
Marisa
May 16, 2012 Marisa rated it liked it
This book makes many good points that I will definitely heed in the future. I like the idea of women being warriors. When I hear that, I picture Katniss Everdeen or Rose Hathaway from previous books I've read. I want to be a strong woman, and I know that God will help me in that journey of development.
I need to point out some things that I didn't really like about this book and these are small things. Whenever I read Christian Living books, there's always a sense of the author being a little sel
Jo-Anne Puggioni
Oct 31, 2011 Jo-Anne Puggioni rated it it was amazing
When I heard God whisper to me to trust Him with my healing of depression, and that it was time to come off the anti-depressants I had been on for 3 years, I read this book.

The title caught my eye. I knew that I had a battle ahead of me physically, spiritually and mentally in overcoming depression. I was not disappointed by this book.

Holly Wagner wrote this book as she battled with breast cancer. I learned so much about what it means to be a warrior from this book, from a female perspective.

Th
Natalie
Sep 07, 2012 Natalie rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
I used this book to help teach a teen girl class. It had some good topics/points, however, it is written basically as a stream of consciousness. Very difficult from which to teach. I usually had to add many of my own Bible verses or stories to go along with her points, and just use her stories to enhance the lessons. It is probably better as a solo read instead of using it to teach a class.
Kristin
Jan 23, 2008 Kristin rated it it was ok
We will all be faced with 'battles'. Some we chose to fight, and some that chose us. This book encourages us to be warriors and with God on our side, we can fight strong any battle in our paths.
Julie Simons
Jan 30, 2013 Julie Simons rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend. This is a book for any woman facing a life challenge no matter how major of minor. A great book to keep handy for a reminder of your strength and purpose.
Oliva Silva
Apr 23, 2009 Oliva Silva rated it it was amazing
Extremely inspirational to the power of what women can do and are obligated to do for future women. Amazing and witty writing with heart wrenching stories.
Katherine
May 26, 2008 Katherine rated it did not like it
I believe this book was written with good intentions, but writing this bad insults a reader's intelligence.
Brenda
Nov 01, 2008 Brenda rated it liked it
I am reading this for the second time. Holly Wagner is refreshing, funny and SMART!
Shannon
I learned how to be a strong woman in my faith. I love, love, love this book!
Kristin
Nov 16, 2014 Kristin rated it it was ok
By the title, you can guess that this book is focused on helping women to be strong. Clearly, this is a laudable goal.

There are some concepts within the book that I enjoyed, particularly those with imagery. For instance, one chapter talks about suiting up with the armor of God. Who won't need the shield of faith at some point in her life? Very relevant. Another chapter tells us that the wind actually strengthens the tree. This certainly helps us to think of trials in a new way. A third chapter t
Jenny Davis
Aug 04, 2014 Jenny Davis rated it it was amazing
Holly Wagner... A warrior chick indeed! Loved this book ...more
Desiree
Apr 28, 2015 Desiree rated it really liked it
Easy to read, good insights and inspirations. I read this with a highlighter marker.
Brittany
Dec 23, 2013 Brittany rated it liked it
Given to me by a dear friend, I wasn't sure what to expect, especially considering I haven't attended church in years; though I do have a very active relationship with my creator. Regardless of your religious persuasion, the stories and lessons presented will speak to any woman looking to find a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment in her life. A quick and enjoyable read. I recommend to anyone in search of a new perspective.
Toni
Nov 30, 2011 Toni rated it really liked it
This book is wonderful for any Christian gal in need of some encouragement. It's a super easy read too because the paragraphs are so tiny. The message is uplifting and very positive, about being an over-comer and following the plans God has for your life.
Laura Luz
Mar 24, 2016 Laura Luz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos
Creo que es un libro altamente recomendable. La autora pone en claro varios puntos de cómo ser una guerrera que es hija de Dios. En lo personal encontré éste libro muy motivador.
Tracy
Dec 05, 2008 Tracy rated it it was ok
The text format was distracting to me. It read like an e-mail, complete with emotocons.
Jaclyn B
Jaclyn B marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Jacqueline Carvajal
Jacqueline Carvajal marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Giovanna
Giovanna rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2016
Loz
Loz marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Anna
Anna added it
Mar 06, 2016
Rosemarie Suazo
Rosemarie Suazo rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Sandy Christiansen
Sandy Christiansen marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Joanna Holmes loko
Joanna Holmes loko marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Nurture: Positioning God's Daughters to Flourish
  • Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit
  • The Nascenza Conspiracy (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #3)
  • The Parable of the Princesses
  • The Diamonds
  • The Waiting Place: Learning to Appreciate Life's Little Delays
  • Five Points: Towards a Deeper Experience of God's Grace
  • Maeve on the Red Carpet (Beacon Street Girls)
  • The Raven's Bride: A Novel
  • Broken Into Beautiful
  • A Love Like Lilly
  • Love Idol: Letting Go of Your Need for Approval - and Seeing Yourself Through God's Eyes
  • The Raven Saint (Charles Towne Belles Book 3)
  • Winter's Kiss: The Ex Games; The Twelve Dates of Christmas