Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident

Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  96 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Some battles we choose, others choose us. The world is looking and waiting for a company of women who will rise in the midst of hard times. It would be so much easier to sit…to give in. And, yet, isn’t there a part inside us all that longs to stand up and fight the battles before us? From her best-selling books, God Chicks and Daily Steps for GodChicks, Holly Wagner identi...more
Published September 4th 2007 by Regal

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Chicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Chicks

Natalie
I used this book to help teach a teen girl class. It had some good topics/points, however, it is written basically as a stream of consciousness. Very difficult from which to teach. I usually had to add many of my own Bible verses or stories to go along with her points, and just use her stories to enhance the lessons. It is probably better as a solo read instead of using it to teach a class.
Julie Simons
Highly recommend. This is a book for any woman facing a life challenge no matter how major of minor. A great book to keep handy for a reminder of your strength and purpose.
Marisa
This book makes many good points that I will definitely heed in the future. I like the idea of women being warriors. When I hear that, I picture Katniss Everdeen or Rose Hathaway from previous books I've read. I want to be a strong woman, and I know that God will help me in that journey of development.
I need to point out some things that I didn't really like about this book and these are small things. Whenever I read Christian Living books, there's always a sense of the author being a little sel...more
Jo-Anne Puggioni
When I heard God whisper to me to trust Him with my healing of depression, and that it was time to come off the anti-depressants I had been on for 3 years, I read this book.

The title caught my eye. I knew that I had a battle ahead of me physically, spiritually and mentally in overcoming depression. I was not disappointed by this book.

Holly Wagner wrote this book as she battled with breast cancer. I learned so much about what it means to be a warrior from this book, from a female perspective.

Th...more
Jenny Davis
Holly Wagner... A warrior chick indeed! Loved this book ❤
Brittany
Given to me by a dear friend, I wasn't sure what to expect, especially considering I haven't attended church in years; though I do have a very active relationship with my creator. Regardless of your religious persuasion, the stories and lessons presented will speak to any woman looking to find a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment in her life. A quick and enjoyable read. I recommend to anyone in search of a new perspective.
Toni
This book is wonderful for any Christian gal in need of some encouragement. It's a super easy read too because the paragraphs are so tiny. The message is uplifting and very positive, about being an over-comer and following the plans God has for your life.
Kristin
We will all be faced with 'battles'. Some we chose to fight, and some that chose us. This book encourages us to be warriors and with God on our side, we can fight strong any battle in our paths.
Oliva Silva
Extremely inspirational to the power of what women can do and are obligated to do for future women. Amazing and witty writing with heart wrenching stories.
Katherine
I believe this book was written with good intentions, but writing this bad insults a reader's intelligence.
Brenda
I am reading this for the second time. Holly Wagner is refreshing, funny and SMART!
Tracy
The text format was distracting to me. It read like an e-mail, complete with emotocons.
Shannon
I learned how to be a strong woman in my faith. I love, love, love this book!
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Darci Trumm
Darci Trumm marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Staci Woodruff
Staci Woodruff marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Celese sharpton
Celese sharpton marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Jenny Mccoy
Jenny Mccoy marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Rachel Zibaila
Rachel Zibaila marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Felicity
Felicity marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Terri
Terri is currently reading it
Jun 17, 2014
Graciela Rosales
Graciela Rosales marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Sara Statema-johnson
Sara Statema-johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Victoria Peter
Victoria Peter marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
God Chicks: Living Life as a 21st Century Woman Daily Steps for Godchicks God Chicks GodChicks and the Men They Love Survival Guide for Young Women: Learning How to Navigate Today's World with Grace and Strength- and a Few Laughs Along the Way