Start by marking “Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident” as Want to Read:
Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident

Warrior Chicks: Rising Strong, Beautiful and Confident

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Published September 4th 2007 by Regal

To ask other readers questions about Warrior Chicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Chicks

Jalynn Patterson
About the Book:
Some battles we choose, others choose us. The world is looking and waiting for a company of women who will rise in the midst of hard times. It would be so much easier to sit…to give in. And, yet, isn’t there a part inside us all that longs to stand up and fight the battles before us? From her best-selling books, God Chicks and Daily Steps for GodChicks, Holly Wagner identified and encouraged the cultivation of aspects of the God Chick within every woman. The subject of this exciti
Marisa
This book makes many good points that I will definitely heed in the future. I like the idea of women being warriors. When I hear that, I picture Katniss Everdeen or Rose Hathaway from previous books I've read. I want to be a strong woman, and I know that God will help me in that journey of development.
I need to point out some things that I didn't really like about this book and these are small things. Whenever I read Christian Living books, there's always a sense of the author being a little sel
Natalie
I used this book to help teach a teen girl class. It had some good topics/points, however, it is written basically as a stream of consciousness. Very difficult from which to teach. I usually had to add many of my own Bible verses or stories to go along with her points, and just use her stories to enhance the lessons. It is probably better as a solo read instead of using it to teach a class.
Julie Simons
Highly recommend. This is a book for any woman facing a life challenge no matter how major of minor. A great book to keep handy for a reminder of your strength and purpose.
Katherine
I believe this book was written with good intentions, but writing this bad insults a reader's intelligence.
Kristin
By the title, you can guess that this book is focused on helping women to be strong. Clearly, this is a laudable goal.

There are some concepts within the book that I enjoyed, particularly those with imagery. For instance, one chapter talks about suiting up with the armor of God. Who won't need the shield of faith at some point in her life? Very relevant. Another chapter tells us that the wind actually strengthens the tree. This certainly helps us to think of trials in a new way. A third chapter t
Jo-Anne Puggioni
When I heard God whisper to me to trust Him with my healing of depression, and that it was time to come off the anti-depressants I had been on for 3 years, I read this book.

The title caught my eye. I knew that I had a battle ahead of me physically, spiritually and mentally in overcoming depression. I was not disappointed by this book.

Holly Wagner wrote this book as she battled with breast cancer. I learned so much about what it means to be a warrior from this book, from a female perspective.

Th
Jenny Davis
Holly Wagner... A warrior chick indeed! Loved this book ...more
Desiree
Easy to read, good insights and inspirations. I read this with a highlighter marker.
Brittany
Given to me by a dear friend, I wasn't sure what to expect, especially considering I haven't attended church in years; though I do have a very active relationship with my creator. Regardless of your religious persuasion, the stories and lessons presented will speak to any woman looking to find a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment in her life. A quick and enjoyable read. I recommend to anyone in search of a new perspective.
Toni
This book is wonderful for any Christian gal in need of some encouragement. It's a super easy read too because the paragraphs are so tiny. The message is uplifting and very positive, about being an over-comer and following the plans God has for your life.
Kristin
We will all be faced with 'battles'. Some we chose to fight, and some that chose us. This book encourages us to be warriors and with God on our side, we can fight strong any battle in our paths.
Oliva Silva
Extremely inspirational to the power of what women can do and are obligated to do for future women. Amazing and witty writing with heart wrenching stories.
Brenda
I am reading this for the second time. Holly Wagner is refreshing, funny and SMART!
Tracy
The text format was distracting to me. It read like an e-mail, complete with emotocons.
Shannon
I learned how to be a strong woman in my faith. I love, love, love this book!
Kimberly
Kimberly is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2015
Alicia White
Alicia White marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Toluwa Abudiore
Toluwa Abudiore marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Michele Lowe
Michele Lowe marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Beck
Beck marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
LuAnn
LuAnn marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Ashley Yager
Ashley Yager marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
  • Nurture: Positioning God's Daughters to Flourish
  • Pure: A 90-Day Devotional for the Mind, the Body & the Spirit
  • Five Points: Towards a Deeper Experience of God's Grace
  • The Waiting Place: Learning to Appreciate Life's Little Delays
  • Can I Have and Do it All, Please?
  • Made to Crave for Young Women: Satisfying Your Deepest Desires with God
  • Love Idol: Letting Go of Your Need for Approval - and Seeing Yourself Through God's Eyes
  • Greater
  • Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild
  • Who Is This Man?: The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus
  • Balcony People
  • Chasing God
  • The Land of Darkness (The Gates of Heaven, #3)
  • Anonymous: Jesus' Hidden Years... and Yours
  • The Uncommon Woman: Making an Ordinary Life Extraordinary
  • Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor
  • Discipline: The Glad Surrender
  • She Calls Me Daddy: Seven Things Every Man Needs to Know About Building a Complete Daughter
God Chicks: Living Life as a 21st Century Woman Daily Steps for Godchicks GodChicks and the Men They Love God Chicks Survival Guide for Young Women: Learning How to Navigate Today's World with Grace and Strength- and a Few Laughs Along the Way