Start by marking “Dis Ek, Anna” as Want to Read:
Dis Ek, Anna

Dis Ek, Anna

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  484 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Sy het haarself Stom Anna genoem. Omdat sy aan niemand kon vertel van dit wat tussen haar en haar stiefpa plaasgevind het nie. Nie aan haar ma nie, nie aan haar beste vriendin nie, en selfs nie aan haar eie pa nie. Dit is ’n verhaal wat sy nou eers, jare later, kan uitskryf. Nou eers kan sy die swye verbreek oor hoe haar stiefpa haar diepste menswees aangetas het. En hoe s ...more
Published September 16th 2011 by Tafelberg (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dis Ek, Anna, please sign up.

Snow
Mar 01, 2016 Snow rated it it was amazing
A extremely emotional book. When i dropped the book after reading the last sentence there was a box of tissues next to me. I had to use it a few times while reading this book.

It's a terrible story and even more terrible because its base on a true one. It is a heart rending book and your heart bleeds for the poor girl who had to suffer through so many misery only having a ... there is not a bad enough word... father and a ghost of a mother. She had to grow up when she was only a toddler and had
Jodi
Nov 07, 2010 Jodi rated it it was amazing
This is a very deep and emotional book. There is not one moment you will dare to smile or laugh. Personally, when I had finished the book, my pillow was drenched.

I got very worked up while reading this book because it is all being seen through the eyes of an innocent, young child. You grow up with the character (Anna) and start to feel everything she feels. This book is not for the faint hearted. When starting this book, be prepared for the onslaught of emotions that WILL overwhelm you.

All in al
Yvette
Nov 29, 2013 Yvette rated it it was amazing
It was disturbing to read about her experience and the fact that her mother refused to believe her daughter and prefered to believe him. How can a mother that are suppose to love and protect you not see and listen to what is happening to her child . To desert your child and never look back. Then I close my eyes and thank. God. that all through my life my mother is there to keep me safe and loved
Sonja Arlow
From a purely literary point of view this book was not the best I have ever read. The writing was almost raw and unvarnished and that is probably what the author was going for. The content however was gripping if very difficult to read. It’s recommended with caution.
Sanet
So neem een vrou haar lewe terug, met die woorde op haar tong wat haar so stil gehou het vir so lank.

Die wereld wat sy in leef is myne, haar verhaal so baie soos die een wat ek as kind oorleef het.

Die boek self is hartseer en rou, die woorde, dit het nog werk nodig.
Suidpunt
Nov 27, 2015 Suidpunt rated it liked it
Hierdie boek het as model gedien vir vele ander oopskryfboeke, juis omrede die boek op die waarheid gegrond is. Die boek het gewys dat verkragtings van minderjariges deur stiefpa's ook aan die "ryk kant" van die spoor gebeur, nie slegs "aan die anderkant van die spoor" nie.

Studente het gereeld by my om hulp kom aanklop as hulle die boek volgens 'n soort biblioterapeutiese model of kriteria vir kinders moes bespreek, en dan moes ek help. Een groot probleem was om "insig" in die teks te soek, naa
BookwormLove
Sep 17, 2012 BookwormLove rated it liked it
If we put aside the poor writing (afrikaans accents etc), didnt bother me at all, and the fact that its brutally honest at times, if you can stomach it - read it! brilliant book..so heartbreaking & I found myself crying often with this book. Some parts had me sick to my stomach litrally...but otherwise its one of those heartwrenching true story that will stay with me forever.
Edwina Hall Callan
I read this book in 2007.

This book was originally written in Afrikaans, and has been translated by Marianne Thamm.
It's a horrifying account of a little girl being sexually abused by her step-father.
This book will break your heart and make you very, very angry.
Anastassia
Jun 07, 2011 Anastassia rated it really liked it
This was such a sad story, but you almost get a sense of "thata girl" realising that she's gone the extra mile to actually write it all down. The ending was a bit neglected, but all in all, a very good read.
Riana
Oct 04, 2015 Riana rated it liked it
Hierdie is 'n intense en baie hartseer verhaal van 'n jong meisie wat jare van molestering en mishandeling moes verduur.

Hierdie boek lees maklik en vinning, maar dis defnitief nie 'n ligte lees nie. Dis Ek, Anna is 'n voorgeskrewe boek vir een van my Afrikaanse kursusmodules en dus het ek die boek aangepak, alhoewel dit nie iets is wat ek normaalweg sou lees nie.

Ek kan nie sê dat ek die boek geniet het of daarvan gehou het nie, maar die verhaal was boeiend en vloeiend, dus gee ek hom een ster
Lize-meré Ludick
Jan 07, 2015 Lize-meré Ludick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
This book speaks of unthinkable secrets within a family. It tells the story of a little girl, at first innocently unaware of the tragedy of her circumstances, turning into a young women fighting both for herself and her little sister, against all odds, including a mother who does not seem to care much. The end of this book confirms that one cannot simply forget and one will not simply forgive.

This is a tear jerker at its best and a must read to all. The fact that this book primarily portrays th
Kissed By
Apr 08, 2010 Kissed By rated it it was amazing
ek is mal ood hierdie boek ! het dit selfs twee keer gelees !
elke traan wat gestort is was die moeite werd !
Tayla
Apr 22, 2011 Tayla rated it liked it
Read the English version, it's a true story about a girl whose step dad molests her. Really depressing but so good.
Mpho Kubjane
Jan 09, 2013 Mpho Kubjane rated it liked it
Very painful to read,I cried a couple of times-I sure hopes she killed him in the end,Because I would have
Marthea Bothma
Aug 25, 2013 Marthea Bothma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biographies
Captivating ,but very emotional.

You cry and get angry all the time ,couldn't put it down!
Marize De Klerk
Apr 03, 2013 Marize De Klerk rated it it was amazing
Ongelooflik, stomgeslaan, het nie woorde nie goeie boek
Bianca
Jun 05, 2013 Bianca rated it it was amazing
My 1ste boek wat ek kon klaar lees. Baie goed geskryf!
Natasha Venter van niekerk
Oct 03, 2012 Natasha Venter van niekerk rated it it was amazing

Very very sad and disturbing!
Celia
You will need tissues
Rea du Plessis
Jun 19, 2011 Rea du Plessis rated it it was amazing
Uitstekende outobiografie!
Amanda Fair
Mar 20, 2013 Amanda Fair rated it really liked it
Shelves: elbe-lotter
A Novel not easily read - not because the story is told in difficult language, but taking the reader on this emotional trip, stained with the realities of past, almost too fearful to find out more. Emotionally one cannot detached yourself from the tragedy busy evolving. Why is our societies still so sick? The damage almost "undone-able" these abuses hidden from society and well secured in the hands of the abuser. -They should not even being considered for any fairness . The cruelty of robbing a ...more
Roeche Snyman
Nov 29, 2013 Roeche Snyman rated it it was amazing
HET GISTERAAND DIE BOEK GAAN KOOP OOR EK AL JARE LANK WORSTEL OM GEVOELENS UITGESORT TE KRY! OOR MY BROER MY OOK VERKRAG HET, EN OOR MY OUERS MY OOK NIE GEGLO HET NIE. EK HET MEER AS EEN KEER SELFMOORD PROBEER PLEEG. REBELS UITGEDRAAI. IN N VERBETERING SKOOL OPGëINDIG,OOR EK KLAARBLYKLIK N LEUNAAR WAS EN NET AANDAG GESOEK HET DEUR OM MOEILIKHEID TE PROBEER MAAK! MAAR ALS VAN DI WAS N LEUN, BEHALWE DIE DEEL WAAR MY BROER MY OP N VROE OUDERDOM BEGIN BETAS HET, 7 OF 8 AS EK REG ONTHOU EN DIT HET OP ...more
Jo Young
What an incredible book. I am so surprised that I never cried as I was so sad to hear of the things Anna had to go through. I loved the authors note. Definitely worth reading.
Salomé Kotzé
Nov 29, 2015 Salomé Kotzé rated it really liked it
die harde werklikheid van hierdie boek spook by my... daar is so baie Anna's daar buite. hoekom?
Rudene Du Preez
Mar 24, 2015 Rudene Du Preez rated it it was amazing
It was a hard book to not put down, if was eating up every sentience with my eyes.
Iulia
Sep 13, 2015 Iulia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's no literary masterpiece. But the story is touching and raises awareness towards child abuse. Overwhelming and very direct at times, an easy beach read.
Lola
Jun 17, 2015 Lola rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking
Adri Harmse
Jul 22, 2014 Adri Harmse rated it it was ok
Onstellend!
Annalize
Oct 14, 2015 Annalize rated it it was amazing
Ek het die boek baie lanklaas gelees, en al ken ek die storie is dit nog steeds baie ontstellend. Dis 'n moeilike boek om te lees, as gevolg van die tema's, maar ek dink die storie moet baie meer in die oopte bespreek word.
Saskia
May 28, 2012 Saskia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ondanks dat dit een erg aangrijpend verhaal is, vond ik het boek op zich toch een klein beetje tegenvallen. Misschien dat het aan de manier ligt waarop het geschreven is, ik weet het niet. Het verhaal op zich is natuurlijk verschrikkelijk, het zal je maar gebeuren dat je misbruikt word door je stiefvader en dat je eigen moeder je dan ook nog eens niet geloofd, ik moet er niet aan denken. Voor mij drie duimpjes dit boek.
  • Die staat teen Anna Bruwer
  • Pieternella van die Kaap
  • Byleveld: Dossier of a Serial Sleuth (Kindle Edition)
  • Raaiselkind
  • Griet skryf  'n sprokie
  • Vaselinetjie
  • 7 dae (Bennie Griessel, #3)
  • Raka